Login

russian armor

Helping Hans deleted Coh2 cause of allie biased patch

11 Jan 2018, 20:54 PM

Last time we knew, servers were on NY. If you are on Australia, that's like 250-300ping + any input delay. You will always have lag.

Certain countries lag more than others and more consistently than others. For me korea is the worst and almost unplayable, closely followed by China and germany. South america and england are at times bad but not always. Usa is also often bad which seems strange if the servers are in NY.
11 Jan 2018, 23:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Certain countries lag more than others and more consistently than others. For me korea is the worst and almost unplayable, closely followed by China and germany. South america and england are at times bad but not always. Usa is also often bad which seems strange if the servers are in NY.

That's more your bias than what really happens since we now have "battleservers". The whole point is that you are limited by your ISP and distance to the servers.
12 Jan 2018, 00:03 AM
Donator 11

That's more your bias than what really happens since we now have "battleservers". The whole point is that you are limited by your ISP and distance to the servers.

Where are the battleservers based out of? What country?
12 Jan 2018, 00:04 AM
Donator 11

Where are the battleservers based out of? What country?

East Coast US
12 Jan 2018, 02:26 AM

After reading this thread seeing people trying to twist other peoples opinions and people voicing their opinions; think its time to voice mine.

I have sub to hans for almost 2 years now, have watched him for almost 4 years. Watching the vod back of the 2v2 matches tenshi and hans played to see what happened showed me somethings that lead to hans ultimate downfall. The sniping of Lmctx and price deff lead to this, But this shows how much time they invested into the new patch to see what build order and strat is the most effective in the new meta which still isn't set in stone yet. They way tenshi and hans countered this strat wasn't successful, the stuka su fus hans built had gotten no vet up until 30 minute mark that was a waste and yes it is hard to bomb snipers with it. tenshi's knowledge on coh2 cheese isn't there as he mainly mains axis factions which can hinder counterplay vs allies, picked the wrong commander and units. Hans picked breakthrough its an okay commander but vs allied cheese fussis won't cut it and JT can be countered by allied tank spam.

My opinion here is hans overreacted and made darma out of something that normally happens to most streamers, i remember one stream where Barton and price sniped hans, hans steam m8 drops the match and hans solo wins the match vs USF calliope and soviet cheese "OLD PATCH". Tenshi reacted in the proper way, with his professional background in cast and production for streams in the Starcraft community, tenshi mannered himself well but played poorly.

In the end if hans has officially stopped playing coh2 for the foreseeable future or any relic game, his stream channel could die which isn't the best thing, but that's the hast reality of this.

That's my response to this darma fest.

Now for people who want to twist this post around and try to use it against me like what Phoenix101 did to Lenny12346, clearly didn't know who Lenny is in this community. You'll just make yourself look silly trying to defame or twist the truth. If someone does it to me, Ill call you out.

12 Jan 2018, 02:32 AM
Patrion 14

The title is as misleading as it is wrong. HelpingHans complained about the guard sniper combo and how difficult it is to counter that strat as OKW.

The guard-sniper strat has always been really hard for OKW to counter. Nothing in the last patch has changed or exacerbated the issue.

Is it a potential balance issue? Yes.
Has it anything to do with the last patch? No. Furthermore, it's not allies. It's the synergy of two Soviet units and the lack of counters on the OKW side.
12 Jan 2018, 06:42 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

The title is as misleading as it is wrong. HelpingHans complained about the guard sniper combo and how difficult it is to counter that strat as OKW.

The guard-sniper strat has always been really hard for OKW to counter. Nothing in the last patch has changed or exacerbated the issue.

Is it a potential balance issue? Yes.
Has it anything to do with the last patch? No. Furthermore, it's not allies. It's the synergy of two Soviet units and the lack of counters on the OKW side.

They played 2 Wehrmacht before and lost too
12 Jan 2018, 07:00 AM

Why is this thread even a thing? What's the point in getting so wrapped up in whether Hans uninstalled or not? He rage quit; big deal, we all do that from time to time. If you're in the category where you think the game isn't fair, a simple solution exists: don't play it. And if you're still playing, well -- get back to searching for your next match. All this extra speculation is a waste of time.
12 Jan 2018, 08:29 AM

Has it anything to do with the last patch? No.

Straight from patch notes :

**Guards Rifle Infantry **
Guards are gaining slight adjustments to their damage against infantry and survivability on the field. Their grenades are also being improved to make them better in line with their intended role and performance.

Received accuray from 1 to 0.97
PTRS damage vs infantry from 20 to 27
Grenade ready aim time from 0.625 to 0.125
Grenade cost from 35 to 30
New ability: Hit the Dirt. Replaces Trip Wire Flares. Grants 0.75 weapon cooldown and +2.5 range, but renders squad immobile. 2 Second delay, 25 second recharge recharge upon deactivating.
12 Jan 2018, 08:35 AM

Why is this thread even a thing? What's the point in getting so wrapped up in whether Hans uninstalled or not? He rage quit; big deal, we all do that from time to time. If you're in the category where you think the game isn't fair, a simple solution exists: don't play it. And if you're still playing, well -- get back to searching for your next match. All this extra speculation is a waste of time.

I would give you the same advice. If you don't like whats posted in threads then don't read it, and certainly don't reply.

That said, too much focus was on hans when the issue is sniper guards combo being op.

Also try playing axis this patch before casting opinions on people being salty from latest cancer to emerge.
12 Jan 2018, 08:45 AM

Bias has NOTHING to do with it. My BattleServer ping according to CELO(when it worked)was around 230 - 245 and fairly constant all the time. So I have a certain degree of lag/input delay etc and I am not refuting that fact in any way. I am used to it and the game is quite playable.

However opponents from certain countries cause the game to lag more, even though my ping is the same as always. You may wish to believe otherwise and may want to argue to the contrary based on your experience but I can 100% assure from 1000's of hours of gametime that certain countries do in fact lag the game(for what ever reason) and do so extremely consistently.
12 Jan 2018, 10:19 AM

Guards are gaining slight adjustments to their damage against infantry and survivability on the field. Their grenades are also being improved to make them better in line with their intended role and performance.

New ability: Hit the Dirt. Replaces Trip Wire Flares. Grants 0.75 weapon cooldown and +2.5 range, but renders squad immobile. 2 Second delay, 25 second recharge recharge upon deactivating.

what the hell..i see this buff the first time...for what reason was guards buffed...they was strong enough.

12 Jan 2018, 10:45 AM
Patrion 14

The issue comes from guards being able to shut down any light vehicle counters to snipers and hold the line against rushing infantry. The changes did help them, but the issue was not their performance against infantry since snipers had that covered. As said, it's the synergy of the two units. I maintain that the patch didn't make this worse. The problem is the same.

They played 2 Wehrmacht before and lost too

I know. It's also difficult for Ost, but Ost has a better chance to counter it. My point was that the last patch hasn't made guard snipers more difficult to counter than it was before and that the issue is an issue with these two units and their synergy.

12 Jan 2018, 10:51 AM

where are such synagien for axis? where is the infantery which can deal with all targets...good vs infntery and armor? and high survivabilty and sniper which has no good counter, because axis cars make to less dmg to the sov sniper
12 Jan 2018, 11:20 AM

The issue comes from guards being able to shut down any light vehicle counters to snipers and hold the line against rushing infantry. The changes did help them, but the issue was not their performance against infantry since snipers had that covered. As said, it's the synergy of the two units. I maintain that the patch didn't make this worse. The problem is the same.
My point was that the last patch hasn't made guard snipers more difficult to counter than it was before and that the issue is an issue with these two units and their synergy.

The problem is not even remotely the same. Guards last past were lacklustre at best vs infantry and average against vehicles, and that is why they were almost never seen. Now they are strong vs infantry and vehicles and as such are present in at least 70% of all sov builds(IME).

The buffing of guards makes soviet strong across all builds now since they are effective in all roles. Nerf guards AI and the sniper issue will be greatly reduced because soviets will then have a weakness that can be exploited.
12 Jan 2018, 12:07 PM

remeber the cry about the volks with schrecks?

wtf is in the brain from the moders to bring this again? a infantery which is very good vs all targets is bs and OP.

but yeah...all is fine lol
12 Jan 2018, 12:29 PM

UnSubscribe and unfollow Hans this is my answer
12 Jan 2018, 13:32 PM

UnSubscribe and unfollow Hans this is my answer

yeah..u was the guy who said jackson is weak...lol
12 Jan 2018, 19:37 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Hans is already streaming coh2 again :P
12 Jan 2018, 19:41 PM
Patrion 310

2 Days, impressive.