Login

russian armor

Nerfing Indirect Fire

10 Jan 2018, 04:26 AM

After playing Coh 2 post fall balance patch, I strongly feel that indirect fire and call-in arty shifts the balance of power come lategame in the favour of allies. Katyusha's, Land Mattresses, Calliopes and Priests are all incredibly effective when it comes to dislodging axis defensive positions and OKW trucks. Hell, it's so easy to just drop an il-2 bombing strike + katy barrage to instagib a Schwere HQ.

As an Allied player, I understand the need to have strong indirect fire option to counter team weapon spam, but when you invest 135 fuel into a tech building and you place it down on your cutoff near base sector and it still gets wrecked; It's just a bit unfair isn't it? OKW was designed to be able to plop down base buildings on the map to maintain map control as they take longer to get going, but this is ridiculous. 2x 120mm mortar wrecks everything now, team weapons? Kapoof! Schwere HQ? Bye-bye! Not to mention 120mm only needs one man to crew.

I suggest increasing the max range scatter for all indirect fire weapons. Similar to Pzwerfer, you need to have some risk when firing rocket artillery and the like. Katyushas should also be the same in that you need to be medium range at best to even be effective. I also suggest decreasing damage against buildings for rocket artillery and 120mm mortar similar to how priests are like right now.
10 Jan 2018, 05:29 AM

I am the 1st to agree with you on all Mortar and artillery getting nerfed. It ruins the game in so many ways. But OKW can make anti-air out of the Med truck. And I think the teir 4 truck has an anti-air ability that was added. Still feels bad playing as OKW and getting rekt from no skill one button win tactics. I am waving my finger at Relic and the balance team. Next patch you better fix that shit or were gonna RIOT!!! :gimpy:
Vaz
10 Jan 2018, 07:34 AM

Sounds like the stationary pieces will really get screwed with this change.
10 Jan 2018, 07:59 AM

its funny that the faction...the brits...with the best defence abilitys and teamweapons ...have also mostly the best anti defence tools and abilitys..

it means they can defence very good in teamgames AND destroy the defence from the enemy effectivly
10 Jan 2018, 08:14 AM
Donator 11

Calliopes and land mattresses were nerfed in the patch along with the Stuka. They are still very useful. 120’s could do with a clever nerf, die on 2 models for example imo
10 Jan 2018, 08:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2018, 05:29 AMRosbone
I am the 1st to agree with you on all Mortar and artillery getting nerfed. It ruins the game in so many ways. But OKW can make anti-air out of the Med truck. And I think the teir 4 truck has an anti-air ability that was added. Still feels bad playing as OKW and getting rekt from no skill one button win tactics.

Post patch, most artillery feels way less harmful than before in my opinion. If you place your OKW truck so aggressive that it can be destroyed by indirect fire without the enemy having to push then it is your own fault. I usually place my Medic HQ in my base (in 1v1) and the Flak HQ at the fuel/cutoff to defend it.

The Flak HQ didn't get an "extra anti air ability" - The ability to target airplane is now just toggable with a 30 seconds cooldown. In this time, the flak WILL NOT shoot at infantry. So it is now either/or and not, shoot down the planes and then immediately fire at inf again.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2018, 05:29 AMRosbone

I am waving my finger at Relic and the balance team. Next patch you better fix that shit or were gonna RIOT!!! :gimpy:

No, we're not.

its funny that the faction...the brits...with the best defence abilitys and teamweapons ...have also mostly the best anti defence tools and abilitys..

it means they can defence very good in teamgames AND destroy the defence from the enemy effectivly

I honestly don't give a damn about your posts because every single one of them is just a stupid biased Axis fanboy rant. You're rank is far beyond 1.000 and still your personating as the balance guru in person: https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/10/steamid/76561198079087631

L2P or learn to give constructive feedback. But reading "huhuhu I can't win easily while playing Axis" is getting extremely annoying because you want to turn every single CoH2.org thread into this fanboy bullshit.
10 Jan 2018, 09:03 AM

Post patch, most artillery feels way less harmful than before in my opinion. If you place your OKW truck so aggressive that it can be destroyed by indirect fire without the enemy having to push then it is your own fault. I usually place my Medic HQ in my base (in 1v1) and the Flak HQ at the fuel/cutoff to defend it.

The Flak HQ didn't get an "extra anti air ability" - The ability to target airplane is now just toggable with a 30 seconds cooldown. In this time, the flak WILL NOT shoot at infantry. So it is now either/or and not, shoot down the planes and then immediately fire at inf again.

No, we're not.

I honestly don't give a damn about your posts because every single one of them is just a stupid biased Axis fanboy rant. You're rank is far beyond 1.000 and still your personating as the balance guru in person: https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/10/steamid/76561198079087631

L2P or learn to give constructive feedback. But reading "huhuhu I can't win easily while playing Axis" is getting extremely annoying because you want to turn every single CoH2.org thread into this fanboy bullshit.

I'm not talking about the game in terms of 1v1, because the game is fine now in 1v1s. Indirect fire isn't that big a deal for 1v1 due to the current map pool and easy accessibility to base dives. It's in the 2s and up where getting indirect fire especially rocket artillery is just becoming more and more of an "easy MP bleed" tool that really takes the fun out of CoH2.

I'm giving feedback where the FBP was actually meant to balance out the game in terms of team games. I feel like while most of the units have been evened out somewhat. Rocket arty has more or less always been an unfun but necessary aspect of the game somewhat, i'm just proposing some changes that'll make it easier to deal with but still let it retain its role for breaking up team weapon blobs.
10 Jan 2018, 09:16 AM

The whole point of trucks is to have them be more rewarding if you place them outside your base.
But right now its only somewhat useful for panzer HQ and large artillery pieces have more than enough range to safely barrage stuff even in your base, so what's even the point.

Also no, it's not a togglable mode. It's a 60 muni ability with a 1 min cooldown during which pz HQ can't shoot anything. And honestly it sucks for what id does. Who even decided that out of all factions it was okw that had to pay premium and have drawbacks for their AA when everybody else gets it fot free as a side bonus for their specific units?
10 Jan 2018, 09:19 AM

Also no, it's not a togglable mode. It's a 60 muni ability with a 1 min cooldown during which pz HQ can't shoot anything. And honestly it sucks for what id does. Who even decided that out of all factions it was okw that had to pay premium and have drawbacks for their AA when everybody else gets it fot free as a side bonus for their specific units?

it was decided by a allie biased modder...
10 Jan 2018, 09:23 AM

To quote the very wise and famous Bonebleeder "Thank you for sharing"
10 Jan 2018, 09:58 AM

I believe most indirect platform are fine but mortar need to have worst aa scatter or rate of fire and better barrage, the panzerwefer needs better scatter at long range, and they fix land mattress indicator (tested on patch the area where the rockets lands is half of the one indicated)what I would like too see it’s a buff to ost counter barrage ability across the board (x2 range/much more precise and no cd on barrage) so you can actually counter indirect fire with mortar and panzerwefer (remember that activating counter barrage deactivate normal fire)
10 Jan 2018, 11:14 AM

you are so lol...it is wrong what i wrote? No..it isnt.

if iam not under rank 1000 ..i dont allow write something in this forum?

Yup, a rank limit would be awesome for balance forums in order to avoid people like you.

You are a player 1.) that mains one side/faction only and 2.) with terrible stats on top of that. That's literally the worst type of balance poster(next to the people who post in these forums even tho they dont play this game at all)
10 Jan 2018, 11:54 AM

Yup, a rank limit would be awesome for balance forums in order to avoid people like you.

You are a player 1.) that mains one side/faction only and 2.) with terrible stats on top of that. That's literally the worst type of balance poster(next to the people who post in these forums even tho they dont play this game at all)

i play only random team games...in most cases i have the best stats from the players at the end.

it easy understandable that you cant reach good places with randoms.

10 Jan 2018, 11:57 AM
Donator 11

I'll just leave here the note that before the patch allied arty had less friendly fire potential than axis one. This has been normalised in DBP, which is an overall nerf to all allied artillery pieces. How come that some still consider them too good?
10 Jan 2018, 12:00 PM

I'll just leave here the note that before the patch allied arty had less friendly fire potential than axis one. This has been normalised in DBP, which is an overall nerf to all allied artillery pieces. How come that some still consider them too good?

hmm..compare PW with LM or caliope or katjuscha.

pw i think has 9 rockets....caliope and katjuscha around 20...and LM around 30 rockets

answer ok?
10 Jan 2018, 12:20 PM
Donator 11

hmm..compare PW with LM or caliope or katjuscha.

pw i think has 9 rockets....caliope and katjuscha around 20...and LM around 30 rockets

answer ok?

I checked it out for you:
-PW shoots 10 rockets in one quick salvo
-Katy shoots 4 rockets in each of its 4 salvos.
-Calliope shoots 3 salvos, first 2 have 7 rockets, the last one has 4 rockets.
-LM shoots 30 rockets in one, very slow salvo.

This basically means that only PW and calliope have any real damage potential becouse after first initial salvo, or in case of LM first initial few shots, every sane player repositions. LM and katy are much more area denial tools than damage dealers.

If you want to learn to use PW better, you should try using it as close as possible, behind a shotblocker. This lets you use main advantages of the unit such as big alpha strike and high projectile trajectory and avoid its main weakness, high spread.
10 Jan 2018, 12:41 PM

Read the patch notes that was not the only changes affecting arty.
10 Jan 2018, 12:58 PM

This basically means that only PW and calliope have any real damage potential becouse after first initial salvo, or in case of LM first initial few shots, every sane player repositions. LM and katy are much more area denial tools than damage dealers.

this is so false in so many ways..
10 Jan 2018, 14:05 PM

I checked it out for you:
-PW shoots 10 rockets in one quick salvo
-Katy shoots 4 rockets in each of its 4 salvos.
-Calliope shoots 3 salvos, first 2 have 7 rockets, the last one has 4 rockets.
-LM shoots 30 rockets in one, very slow salvo.

If you want to learn to use PW better, you should try using it as close as possible, behind a shotblocker. This lets you use main advantages of the unit such as big alpha strike and high projectile trajectory and avoid its main weakness, high spread.

This is what I'm suggesting, lets change most rocket arty to high risk high reward units similar to pwerfer, where they have to get closer to the action in order to deal any real damage. My theory for this is that most of the maps for team games are usually long and narrow, hence it is almost impossible to get through any flanking unit to deal with katy; not to mention, high ranking players will shift queue their artillery pieces back to base once its done with barrage. By increasing scatter at max range, players will be more incentivised to think whether they should barrage from max range and risk wasting their long cool down or to go in closer and have a chance of doing a lot of damage to enemies.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 33
Korea, Republic Of 6
Russian Federation 93
unknown 14

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %