Login

russian armor

[Wehr/Soviet] Snipers relationship.

8 Jan 2018, 07:01 AM

Honestly you lost all credibility here with "T70 rarely hits vet 3".

Soviet Sniper teams face off against small squad, high exp value Axis infantry. Wehr sniper gains crap ton of exp against Brits, but gains tiny amount vs conscript models. It's important to consider what the unit faces against when considering its value. It's definitely true the Wehr sniper has superior stats, but the argument you've completely failed to address is that 2man squads are far too advantageous when it comes to Sniper vs Sniper play.

Soviet sniper I feels is only good against Wehr, OKW can just rush in with volks + Kubel and laugh at the pathetic DPS from your units whereas Wehr sniper is always useful against all 3 Allied factions.
8 Jan 2018, 07:52 AM

Soviet sniper I feels is only good against Wehr, OKW can just rush in with volks + Kubel and laugh at the pathetic DPS from your units whereas Wehr sniper is always useful against all 3 Allied factions.

Okw cannot countersnipe, so sov sniper has free reign (and lol at kubel being a threat to snipers)

And good luck using wehr sniper vs conspam, m20 rush and brit countersniper.
8 Jan 2018, 08:21 AM

Okw cannot countersnipe, so sov sniper has free reign (and lol at kubel being a threat to snipers)

And good luck using wehr sniper vs conspam, m20 rush and brit countersniper.

All of the above strats carry its own risk too, I feel that Wehr sniper synergies much better with the gren + MG combo than other factions, Brit sniper I feels arrive way too late, not enough screening due to IS not being mobile enough and 222 slaughter em, M20 costs an arm and a leg to get it, cons spam gets rekted by G43, that is my experience since the new patches.
For OKW when I use sniper the other guy just use Fusillier and plow through my cons line.

Also anyone still use the Osttruppen + sniper combo?
8 Jan 2018, 09:04 AM

All of the above strats carry its own risk too, I feel that Wehr sniper synergies much better with the gren + MG combo than other factions, Brit sniper I feels arrive way too late, not enough screening due to IS not being mobile enough and 222 slaughter em, M20 costs an arm and a leg to get it, cons spam gets rekted by G43, that is my experience since the new patches.
For OKW when I use sniper the other guy just use Fusillier and plow through my cons line.

Also anyone still use the Osttruppen + sniper combo?

Cons+ppsh+at nades, goodbye wehr, brit sniper can arrive as 4th unit and counters 222 (you read that right)
Lt is free anyway so m20 price reflects that. For fussies, they arrive at 2 cp, more than enough time to prepare (and later than brit sniper to boot).

Ostruppen got nerfed hard in early game for a lmg at t4, I don't think they are worth it.

But seriously, get ppsh cons+sniper, there is nothing that can stop you.
8 Jan 2018, 10:47 AM

Ostruppen got nerfed hard in early game for a lmg at t4, I don't think they are worth it.

Rush a sniper and fill the ranks with 3 maybe 4 ostruppen and they become worth early game versus soviet/brit but try to replace them in mid game with something else because they loose pushing power after early game.

But seriously, get ppsh cons+sniper, there is nothing that can stop you.

Yup, 4 cons with ppsh + two snipers + 1 penal or guards to go hand to hand with your sniper when light vehicles arrive and it's pretty much GG unless you make a tactical mistake.
8 Jan 2018, 11:12 AM

Rush a sniper and fill the ranks with 3 maybe 4 ostruppen and they become worth early game versus soviet/brit but try to replace them in mid game with something else because they loose pushing power after early game.

So why not get grens instead? Doc free and better after early game than ostruppen
8 Jan 2018, 12:25 PM

So why not get grens instead? Doc free and better after early game than ostruppen

Grens might do more dps but are 4 models and are probably the most expensive squad to reinforce while ostruppen are 6 and very cheap allowing you to recover alot of manpower and map control from building the sniper early and inflict alot of manpower bleed with the sniper. But like everything should be in this game you sacrifice getting a tiger or stuka close air support late game for a strong early game.
On topic tho.
14 Jan 2018, 20:34 PM

Let us not forget this thread. Another alternative solution would be to only allow one sniper per player. This is probably a bit too radical but if other solutions don't work this might be the only way to nerf sniper "spam". Snipers would still be very relevant in the hands of good players but wouldn't be spammed thus giving the other player a bit of a easier time.
15 Jan 2018, 05:01 AM

Before going any further lets define what each sniper job is. Soviet sniper teams main job is to counter team weapons while the Wehr sniper main job is to counter other snipers.

Now to the topic:

One question: Is this definition from Relic/balance team, top players or from you?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★