Login

russian armor

OKW is absolutely trash now, rebalance this asap!

PAGES (8)down
28 Dec 2017, 22:13 PM

I wouldn't go that far... more like the ongoing avoidance of making key changes.

Key changes that have been necessary since alpha, let alone beta, launch, or in 2017.
28 Dec 2017, 23:00 PM

Key changes that have been necessary since alpha, let alone beta, launch, or in 2017.

Honestly, not really. I played the alpha, and the main issues the game is now facing are from WFA's release and later, with the new factions increasing infantry power. Before WFA, the Grens/Cons balance was actually pretty good; grens won at long range, cons at close, and the price difference made sense due to Gren's late-game scaling with better vet and the LMG. Penals were interesting since they offered utility and a bit stronger combat power, but at a higher cost.

Then WFA came along and we had STG/Shrek volk blobs destroying everything and double BAR/1919 blobs with smoke basically walking over Ost. They were sort of balanced against eachother (not really), but they had powercreeped so far beyond vanilla that the original factions were insanely hard to play.

Then UKF came out, and it needed to be competitive. No one would buy a faction that only compared to vanilla (and was crushed by WFA), so it was balanced (sort of) around that expansion. To do that, we had the cover bonuses, continued use of double upgrades and so on.

The only change I can think of that would have been nice at any point since alpha would be some sort of global 'anti-blob' mechanic, similar to COH-PioSpam 'Negative Zeal' debuff, that made the units (just Pios...) worse when in blobs.

28 Dec 2017, 23:06 PM

I maintain that map making has been crippled from the start. One unified territory/resource point and 1 muni and 1 fuel point has stifled the ability for any coh2 map to flesh out the vast majority of what coh gameplay relies on: map control.

I remember seeing alpha footage and thinking "oh those territory points are clearly placeholders for this tech demo!"

I was wrong. Built the mod in my sig shortly after mod tools were released to test my suspicions. Real cutoff points, even without vcoh pop cap mechanics, changes the game incredibly, and imo, for the better in virtually every way.

That's what I mean, and had meant. ;)
28 Dec 2017, 23:11 PM

Since you can run you rifleblob into volksblob and call calliope's fire onto your head without serious consequences fo rifles OKW's infantry never had any serious advantage.
28 Dec 2017, 23:33 PM

Volks haven't had any actual damage for ages and ages.

They got buffed from 10 to 12, I believe, like a year ago, and that still isn't enough. Between their direct fire DPS and their lack of proper grenades, they are the least threatening baseline infantry in the entire game.
28 Dec 2017, 23:44 PM

Ya'll wanted your "community balance", perhaps this will at least motivate you to ensure the next patch (if any) isn't driven by bias.
28 Dec 2017, 23:51 PM

Ya'll wanted your "community balance", perhaps this will at least motivate you to ensure the next patch (if any) isn't driven by bias.

How?

Relic-released patches were no better.

The 222 has been an unarmored "armored car" forever, while Allies get to rush out actual armored cars and brutalize Axis forces every single match.

Ostheer has had four-man squads with glaring issues forever, and UKF got strictly superior four-man squads like some kind of joke.

Volksgrenadiers have literally never done proper damage since the release of WFA.

The list goes on. So if neither Relic nor the community can fix this, what's left?
29 Dec 2017, 02:39 AM

How?

Relic-released patches were no better.

The 222 has been an unarmored "armored car" forever, while Allies get to rush out actual armored cars and brutalize Axis forces every single match.

Ostheer has had four-man squads with glaring issues forever, and UKF got strictly superior four-man squads like some kind of joke.

Volksgrenadiers have literally never done proper damage since the release of WFA.

The list goes on. So if neither Relic nor the community can fix this, what's left?

Because every time you attempt to redesign the game, you are ignoring the overall problem and creating new issues. Stick with a build and fine tune it; Stat tweaks and bug fixes should be the focus. That and the fact that the past couple of patches have been driven by individuals with obvious faction bias.
29 Dec 2017, 04:39 AM

Alota: "I Can't spam Volks to win early game anymore"
And: "I can't just spam volks and some Pios till Panther/Tiger 2 anymore"

Gota love it.
29 Dec 2017, 05:28 AM

OKW is most OP faction nowdays. they have all.
Cheap, but quite effective basic infantry,
Best effective light tanks,
AA truck with instant smokes,
Long range mortars(infantry support gun)
0 tier AT camo guns,
super heavy tank
High tier, very effective infantry.

So what needs more?

I play all 5 factions, and all factions are ranked in top 80, but I never feel okw is weak.

I little bit feel angry like this thread. like you guys make this game imbalanced.
If you really think like this, please play another factions.
That makes you get out of bias.

so.. see the what is truth with statistics
http://coh2chart.com/
29 Dec 2017, 06:13 AM
29 Dec 2017, 09:39 AM

Ps: sturm shreck is not a viable at in the slightest way...

Why? with the new patch we have sturmpioneers with:
  • Build time from 40 to 28
  • Reinforce time from 10 to 7
  • Population from 9 to 8
  • Panzerschreck cost from 90 to 70
  • Panzerschreck upgrade no longer requires trucks to be setup

So it is now more viable than ever. Getting a second sturm for a panzershreck isn't a bad idea in my opinion.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2017, 05:28 AMLoren

so.. see the what is truth with statistics
http://coh2chart.com/

Again,

Unfortunately, Relic hasn't been able to update their database since 16.5.2017. The charts aren't up to date anymore.

29 Dec 2017, 10:27 AM

Was it not THQ?

Lol.

THQ was Relic's publisher until 2013, the game got released after almost an year under SEGA.

And honestly, I'll risk sounding like an asshole but I just need to say this, I have a lot of respect for you as a modder, but I see that as a person you're probably younger than me and have never played the first CoH.

And that's the problem, most of you come from DOTA and LoL's competitive background, and that's why SEGA changed Relic's direction towards CoH2 and DoW3 and that's why we have these shitty balance changes.

As others have mentioned, the game was more balanced between the Ostheer and Soviets in the beginning, what changed was Relic's new direction towards competitive and ESL with the release of the WFA and trying to implement gimmicky asymmetrical balance for some stupid reason, so it's not just the bugger amount of Armies needed be balanced.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, CoH and CoH 2 were made for fun, tactical, semi realistic, fun. They were never meant to be competitive StarCraft type games, and never will be. Continuing to balance CoH 2, DoW 3 and any future games in this direction will lead to their ultimate bankruptcy because whatever they do, they will not be able to cater to the MOBA fan base.
29 Dec 2017, 10:40 AM

Besides the sheer awkwardness of borderline busting out the term "kid" as an insult on an online forum what elements actions has relic taken to appeal to the moba community exactly? I have my own philosophy for where balance patches and game design should head towards for the next coh game but I would love a bit more clarification/specific examples.

RTS games and how much they should/should not borrow from the moba space is a pretty hot topic right now but a lot of people differ in their interpretation of signature moba mechanics.
29 Dec 2017, 10:46 AM

Luvnest says OKW pretty much the same.
In team games I do not see any changes in OKW players behavior. So those species who haven't evolved yet loose their trucks in the mid of the map and come to forum to cry.

I LOVE IT
29 Dec 2017, 11:03 AM

Luvnest says OKW pretty much the same.
In team games I do not see any changes in OKW players behavior. So those species loose their trucks in the mid of the map and come to forum to cry.

I LOVE IT

Yeah, reminds me of my first play after the DBP went live. OKW sets up his medical HQ with (recently nerfed) FRP right behind a VP on the left side of Crossing in the woods. All of that while facing the jeep early on- A.K.A. confirmnation of the doctrine with mortar HT incoming. Of course he didnt forget to make a LEIG, even though I only made one 50.cal and had the rest of my unit composition very mobile.
The fellow got slaughtered so fu%kin brutally that i almost felt sorry.

Truth be told, though, the medical HQ could probably use some new good reason to be built, now that the FRP is borderline out of the game. Maybe if the medics would once again be free...
29 Dec 2017, 11:57 AM

Besides the sheer awkwardness of borderline busting out the term "kid" as an insult on an online forum what elements actions has relic taken to appeal to the moba community exactly? I have my own philosophy for where balance patches and game design should head towards for the next coh game but I would love a bit more clarification/specific examples.

RTS games and how much they should/should not borrow from the moba space is a pretty hot topic right now but a lot of people differ in their interpretation of signature moba mechanics.

I haven't edited my comment, quote where I wrote the word "kid" exactly.

And I don't believe that I'm wrong in my assumptions, since it's painfully obvious most of the time but most of you won't ever admit it.
29 Dec 2017, 12:19 PM

OKW just need a good mobile AT like Wehr PG-shreks. RW43 was good in combination with shrek volks, but its really usless without it - short fire range and huge aim time making them easy to flank and its easier to kill the crew with any weapons due to the lack of cover.
Sturmpio shreks are just a joke, because they have low HP, high cost and only one shrek. And you need to remember what they have more other tasks on the battlefield like repairing, putting mines, demining and etc.
After all changes with volks I think they will be good with shreks again or you can give 2 shreks to Obers or rework pio shreks package (add second shrek with more armour and HP to squad, but with removing a repair ability and etc.).
29 Dec 2017, 12:55 PM

How this is posible that only okw fans cry on forum i dont get it where is thread about rifles without smoke or brit air supremacy nerf. Okw in 4vs4 still better than usf so pls stop this topic and go play with your toy no mico jagtiger or KT. Next thread Jackson OP pls nerf
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS