Login

russian armor

Garrison-dancing bug reproduction steps

22 Dec 2017, 13:16 PM

You've probably all experienced the nasty garrison-dancing bug that makes squads refuse to enter garrisons when ordered to.

I have some suspicions about what might be causing the issue (no; it's not the loading-unloading times). However, without being able to reproduce the bug, I can't really be sure about how to fix it.

If somebody can find a way for me to trigger the bug reliably, please post it here.

I suspect that the bug is related to either the new formations, or the formation drift that helps squads space out faster. The bug seems to trigger when the squad is already spaced out when ordered to enter the building.

In order to find the bug, please test it with one of the following squads (in order of preference):
- Panzerfusiliers
- Guards Troops with all guns upgraded
- Commandos
- Conscripts
- Shock troops

Note that squad formations change as squads get depleted. You could also try 4-man and 5-man versions of the forementioned squads and see if you can trigger the bug.

Thanks again!

Ideally the reproduction steps should include a screenshot or a video or something. For instance, to solve a more severe version of the garrison bug, I used the following screenshot provided by Rosbone:

22 Dec 2017, 18:08 PM

I think I tried about 40 time to reproduce this bug with Panzerfusiliers.
Sadly no luck.

Tried several things like ordering them to enter building from far away, enter while being nearby and even trying to use barbed wire. still no luck :/
22 Dec 2017, 18:14 PM

Happened to my Volks in game, wasn't successful to reproduce though :(
22 Dec 2017, 18:20 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

I think I tried about 40 time to reproduce this bug with Panzerfusiliers.
Sadly no luck.

Tried several things like ordering them to enter building from far away, enter while being nearby and even trying to use barbed wire. still no luck :/

Happened to my Volks in game, wasn't successful to reproduce though :(

and that is the problem. so its not possible to really fix it :(
22 Dec 2017, 18:22 PM

and that is the problem. so its not possible to really fix it :(

If only I saved the replay.

I think that the only way how we can solve it is to save EVERY GAME WHEN IT OCCURS and send it to investigation team.
22 Dec 2017, 19:13 PM

During early testing it seemed that when units were given the command to enter a building, a portion of the squad would begin to move toward the building. And the other group would stay where they were. And if there was cover nearby it seemed to keep them from ever trying to enter. Then some of the group that did move towards the building would come back for the lagging guys and they would bounce off of each other for a bit then sometimes enter. Sometimes not.

So you should also make a mental note of what was around the units when they were issued the command.

In the sample picture you see 2 models did not leave the cover by the red dot. And 2 models came back to get them.
22 Dec 2017, 20:40 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I've only ever noticed it when I was trying to enter a building under fire. Maybe I just don't notice the times when they are dancing when it isn't important, but it's always when racing for a building that it happens to me.

It might just be bias in my memory, has anyone seen it happening with lone squads?
23 Dec 2017, 01:48 AM

OK I think I got it (it's easier to do with emplacement), the squad tries to go in form 2 different doors and it gets stuck dancing, I had my sapper do it when they tried to enter a mortar pit but 1 man was on 1 side and another was trying to enter from the other
24 Dec 2017, 23:34 PM

Did you fix it ?
25 Dec 2017, 09:20 AM

Good find!

I'll start looking into this a bit later, in january. Still, I could use a few nore reproduction scenarios, also ideally involving a single door, just in case 2 doors were already confusing squads pre-patch.
2 Jan 2018, 19:50 PM

Dancing bug happened in this replay at 01:40
The gren squad was standing still in cover while I ordered them to garrison the building

I hope it can help
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS