Login

russian armor

Squad Decoupling, Squads Unable to Cap, Grenades Fly Too Far

19 Dec 2017, 05:57 AM

Exhibit A: The squad decoupling continues, and seems that it isn't even strictly the result of targeting abilities at range, since in this case, it was just a move order into a garrison that resulted in the squad being decoupled and not entering the garrison.

Exhibit B: The squad was standing within the cap point area yet not capping. This went on for quite a few moments until I brought in another squad. Only then did the point start being decapped.

Exhibit C: Enemy setup team was standing outside a trench, on top of its wall, and I targeted a grenade exactly where the squad was standing, yet the grenade went flying over the squad and into the trench.

All of these happened within the span of a single match...

This is, frankly, ridiculous for a game that's been out for years. Between these kinds of bugs and squads being instawiped by everything, it's no wonder it takes literally giving the game away for free to get a boost in the player base.
19 Dec 2017, 10:12 AM

Obers grenade is the only grenade in the game that's inaccurate; that's fixed in DBP.

I've no idea about the rest though.
19 Dec 2017, 15:17 PM

Exhibit A is a rare occurance. It happens from time to time, but it's rather inconsistent. I'd be curious if you could/can replicate that happening reliably.

Exhibit B has everything to do with how the cap circles are a representation of where the cap sector is. The entire map is a chessboard, so to speak. So when you have a circle drawn around those squares and then heavily morph the ground with craters, the visual for the circle doesn't correlate with the actual cap sector very well. The team weapon entity also doesn't cap.

Exhibit C is, well, obers being obers.
19 Dec 2017, 17:30 PM

Exhibit A is a rare occurance. It happens from time to time, but it's rather inconsistent. I'd be curious if you could/can replicate that happening reliably.

It's happened to me half a dozen times in the past week alone. But I just don't have the time/opportunity to try and replicate it. All I know is that it happens when giving a distant ability order, like laying sandbags three control points away, happens when giving move orders to move into a garrison as above, etc. but also I believe is the same bug as instances of units simply not responding to ability requests, such as ordering a mortar squad to fire somewhere in the distance and the squad queuing up the ability but not turning to face the right direction and thus never actually firing. Seems like all one bug, but I could be wrong.

The team weapon entity also doesn't cap.

And that isn't considered a bug?
19 Dec 2017, 18:39 PM
Donator 11

I think that by the wepon entity he ment weapon itself, not the model holding a weapon. So yes, it is not considered a bug.
19 Dec 2017, 18:44 PM

It's happened to me half a dozen times in the past week alone. But I just don't have the time/opportunity to try and replicate it. All I know is that it happens when giving a distant ability order, like laying sandbags three control points away, happens when giving move orders to move into a garrison as above, etc. but also I believe is the same bug as instances of units simply not responding to ability requests, such as ordering a mortar squad to fire somewhere in the distance and the squad queuing up the ability but not turning to face the right direction and thus never actually firing. Seems like all one bug, but I could be wrong.

I guess it is worth asking: this live or dbp? DBP has toyed with squad AI so that could be a factor in that case. If it's live were talking then it is something else.

CoH2 has always been glitchy with pathing at long distances. A lot of commands just break or stop if it requires too much time or distance. It's not something I can replicate often but it's even shown in worldbuilder where the pathing ruler complete bugs out sometimes when calculating long distances, or moving around a lot of object entities, as far as I can tell.

The mortar issue is a different issue than the squad stuff. Mortars that are given barrage or attack commands outside their range when set up can glitch out. I think nebelwerfers in coh1 has this problem too.

If it were it'd be pretty negligible. That mg pictured must have been like 0.0001 meters off from capping that territory. Except for instances of vehicle capping abilities, only infantry entities are consistent in being able to cap.

***edit
Ferwiner is correct in what I meant about the team weapon itself, not the crew.
20 Dec 2017, 05:56 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I've noticed the squads dancing around and spreading out a lot more when trying to enter a building in DBP (now live version), anyone else notice it?
21 Dec 2017, 20:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2017, 05:56 AMTobis
I've noticed the squads dancing around and spreading out a lot more when trying to enter a building in DBP (now live version), anyone else notice it?

yeah ive notices a lot of weird stuff with the houses, probably because of the delay time to enter the building and exit i guess idk especially if other squads are near by trying to enter to (enemy ones) like houses on crossing by fuels that are always contested at start
21 Dec 2017, 20:25 PM

I had a full Riflemen squad on the ground, I thought What suppressed them!! but they were not suppressed, just couching to fire :thumbsup:
21 Dec 2017, 21:24 PM

The "squad spazzing out trying to enter a building" happened to me yesterday, Rifles kept running around the house for almost 15 seconds until I gave up and moved on
Not
6 Jan 2018, 10:34 AM

Happened a lot on ruskies streams, lol. Confirm the spreading out squads, just today I got volks, when only 1 model out of 4 just came on the middle cap from base
6 Jan 2018, 12:19 PM

to me it seems that the problem are the doors , when
A squad is near both of them thanks to the deal at 1 model try to enter in 1 door while another does the same for the other door
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★