Login

russian armor

Your top 5 most controversial DBP changes

13 Dec 2017, 10:15 AM

1. Sturmtiger changes - some of them were neeeded, some of them weren't. Basicly what Sully texted before.
2. USF rifle smoke, too many units still has the ability. IMO or leave it only to rears or only to tech units like major/captain
3. KV-8 to T4 without any cost reduction/buffs (maybe include the changes to KV-1)
4 p2 build time - i like the idea but it's too harsh,
5. Infiltration commandos with 5 men, demos and cost decrease. IMO they should be more diffrent/unique than commandos from other commanders

But even with those controversial changes it's a really good patch that finally bring a fresh breath in CoH2 gameplay
13 Dec 2017, 13:36 PM

• Riflemen Smoke REMOVED
  • Infiltration Commandos Nefts to 3 men, no grenades when called in without any price compensation
  • Whole OST Commander Revamp, especially the Jaeger Doctrine
  • Both USF Doctrine Revamps (Rip Refit, Rip 155mm barrage, strong Greyhound...)
  • Multiple "random" nerfs like Stuka HP nerf, Luchs build time nerf, IS revamped into eternity...

I think Infiltration commandos should go to demo+5men now to compensate for the lack of power

Kv8 should be priced to 120 fuel max now, since it is tied to tech

Mortar HT has nothing to do in Mechanized doctrine, either give it some serious tank or revert 155mm removal

Revert vehicle decap ability for the hallmark of the doctrine - WITHDRAW AND REFIT

Give rifles smoke back but make it auto-disabled when rifles are supressed so you must support your rifles, not yolo anymore

Luchs build time to 60 seconds, Give stuka normal barrage to compensate for the lack of health so at least it is less predictable and better as a indirect fire unit at normal battlefield conditions (so its not OP narrowed maps and bad elsewhere)

Make IS good elsewhere. Before they were bad at flanking and good while standing still. Now they are bad at both flanking and direct combats. GL fighting UKF vs OST, when you have worse MG, infantry, sniper, no snares, immobile army, bad early vehicles and efverything is so expensive compared to OST counterparts (and lets not forget lack of garrison/cover counters)
13 Dec 2017, 13:50 PM

-leig incendiary barrage

maybe its just me but i think leig will dominate 4vs4 mode with this

2 leig > 70 ammo > recon > mortar pit say goodbye

i wish brits had a normal mortar..
13 Dec 2017, 14:14 PM

• Riflemen Smoke REMOVED
  • Infiltration Commandos Nefts to 3 men, no grenades when called in without any price compensation
  • Whole OST Commander Revamp, especially the Jaeger Doctrine
  • Both USF Doctrine Revamps (Rip Refit, Rip 155mm barrage, strong Greyhound...)
  • Multiple "random" nerfs like Stuka HP nerf, Luchs build time nerf, IS revamped into eternity...

I think Infiltration commandos should go to demo+5men now to compensate for the lack of power

Kv8 should be priced to 120 fuel max now, since it is tied to tech

Mortar HT has nothing to do in Mechanized doctrine, either give it some serious tank or revert 155mm removal

Revert vehicle decap ability for the hallmark of the doctrine - WITHDRAW AND REFIT

Give rifles smoke back but make it auto-disabled when rifles are supressed so you must support your rifles, not yolo anymore

Luchs build time to 60 seconds, Give stuka normal barrage to compensate for the lack of health so at least it is less predictable and better as a indirect fire unit at normal battlefield conditions (so its not OP narrowed maps and bad elsewhere)

Make IS good elsewhere. Before they were bad at flanking and good while standing still. Now they are bad at both flanking and direct combats. GL fighting UKF vs OST, when you have worse MG, infantry, sniper, no snares, immobile army, bad early vehicles and efverything is so expensive compared to OST counterparts (and lets not forget lack of garrison/cover counters)

:thumb:
13 Dec 2017, 14:35 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Can I complain about stuff that wasn't changed?

absolutely
13 Dec 2017, 15:32 PM

That really is not a bad idea at all. All nades are more or less nullified by suppression, but smoke was never functionally impacted.
13 Dec 2017, 18:03 PM

-Rifle Smoke
-Demo charges can’t be defused (sort of)
-Panther in a weird spot. Ostheer will continue to mass P4 and Stugs
-All these commando changes
-My baby KV8 being nerfed
13 Dec 2017, 23:28 PM

- Soviet units being either too good or straight up useless. There is an in between, but that comes down to uselessness because too good stuff is going to be used.

- Still no incentive to go Ostheer tier 4 (even less now). T3 units and Tiger got buffs, no need to get tier 4 and risk it with the "in a good spot" Panther.

- USF still having to resort to the same old opening. That faction feels so boring and generic. Also, pak howi so bad.

- UKF not being able to delete their emplacements. If I invest 400 mp in a unit, I sure might as well be able to scuttle them.

- KV 8 being overpriced now that it also requires tier 4 :-(

Also in general: I miss the old dynamics that were in place where you had this window of opportunity in the early game where the m3 and 221 would roam around the field, providing support for units and creating interesting light vehicle oriented play. This would be offset by the 221 becoming the 222 and the 222 being hit by a T70. Now I don't mean snipers in scout car cancer or flameht rush cancer. Just the good dynamics. Was hoping for this to come back.

Currently going m3 means the death of any soviet player because 15 fuel is crucial since Luchs arrives fast or 222 arrives instantly without being a 221 first.
14 Dec 2017, 02:11 AM

OP m8 leads to further Nerf to OST tier 2, and also leads to OST tier 2 or go home.

Rip elephant/JT due to DPS Nerf/others buffs. (Funny how OP they are considering the win streaks of top allied teams vs that of axis)
-they are just going to get massively swarmed by medium Tanks/air support/artillery/FFs/su85s/Jackson's

Not everyone plays 4v4s.

Should make all mainline infantry unable to equip AT weapons. Specially USF, should be more of a reward in killing an RE squad for example.

Going to be tired of the light armor meta.

This is going to be everyone building light Tanks first as OST is building a pak and having to chase all the vehicles around the map. OKW will be just fine since they start with an AT and can Rush their own light armour that is effective.

Why no armour buff go .222 or the 251? Everyone else is bulletproof?
14 Dec 2017, 14:19 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I've hidden a bunch of posts that are perfectly fine posts for other threads but please keep this one to just your personal top 5 lists.
14 Dec 2017, 15:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2017, 14:35 PMRomeo

absolutely

As far as stuff that's missing I hate that they didn't add the KV2 + a few other units fix to shell trajectories that allowed them to fire over shot blockers. It was a real game changer that made them a lot easier to use.

I really like Hector's idea of just disabling Rifleman smoke while they are suppressed. Fixes the worst aspects of Rifle Smoke (yolo blobbing into HMGs) but retains the tactical flexibility you need for pushes.
14 Dec 2017, 16:51 PM

As far as stuff that's missing I hate that they didn't add the KV2 + a few other units fix to shell trajectories that allowed them to fire over shot blockers. It was a real game changer that made them a lot easier to use.

I really like Hector's idea of just disabling Rifleman smoke while they are suppressed. Fixes the worst aspects of Rifle Smoke (yolo blobbing into HMGs) but retains the tactical flexibility you need for pushes.

Shell trajectories are still in. At least nobody ever told me to remove them. The whole patch has been tested on the new shell trajectories.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★