Login

russian armor

Your top 5 most controversial DBP changes

11 Dec 2017, 19:41 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

What are the 5 changes you read about coming up in the December Balance Preview that (in your opinion) raised the most eyebrows and biggest red flags? Here are mine:

• No more rifle smoke
  • Greyhound seems... strong
  • Incendiary nade fuse
  • Last-minute doubling of luchs build time
  • Moved mechanized 155m artillery to the WC-51

Note that I'm not saying any of these changes is necessarily good or bad, and I'm making my list based on pretty limited experience and information. It's just my initial feelings. Please also post your lists without too much further comment on balance or justification, as I'm interested in people's gut feelings.
11 Dec 2017, 20:13 PM
Senior Referee Badge

• Mechanized Company refit and redraw removed
  • Pak 43 to 350 mp and 45 fuel
  • RPG-40 At grenades -- Penetration partially reverted from "always penetrate" to a penetration value of 150 . Why do they not always penetrate?
  • KV-8 - Buildable only at Mechanized Armor Kampaneya (T4) . Why hasn't it been made cheaper then. Bcs it's way more expensive to get now.
  • Don't know yet :foreveralone:

11 Dec 2017, 21:25 PM

Panthers being considered in a good spot. Kappa.

-Feuersturm commander changes entrenching the problematic nature of volks stock STG upgrade.

-How the effects of altering USF major tier in a such massive ways seems to have been utterly buried. The Jackson changes overall seeming like they were halfway through testing before moving onto commanders and other stuff. Then the sherman dozer upgrade was added somewhere in there.

-Riflemen losing smoke to REs. I'm kind of okay with officers having smoke but that only serves to further entrench the issue USF has with officer squads and tech.

-Elefants and jagdtiger damage reduction in the face of new jacksons and shermans getting an upgrade to boost health.

... I mean all of these essentially coalesce around a sentiment that there are a number of seemingly untested and/or reactionary changes, i.e. luchs build time change.
11 Dec 2017, 21:54 PM

1. +1 to KV8 - at least in the FBP they buffed it's armor to compensate for being tied to Tech. It's not like KV8 call-ins are super meta currently either- it feels like it was solely a tit-for-tat for Flame Hetzer.

2. Luches build-time - I agree with it in concept but would have liked to see more testing. Maybe even something less drastic like +5 Fuel cost or 60 sec build time to see if that was enough of a delay first.

3. Infiltration Commandos to 3 Men - Now that Falls are Paradrop and Gammon bomb is on a timer this feels excessive - Stens are close range and not super wipey on retreating units. Given similar cost as Glider Commandos this ability feels pretty bad.

4. Luftwaffle CAS Clone - This might just be personal taste but I don't think adding more skill planez is going to make team games any more fun (although I admit that it's very good for making the commander viable).

5. Panzergren G43s to 3 - I haven't tested this a ton but they always feel very very good to me when I do use them. High moving accuracy on such a tanky unit that comes fairly early just makes me nervous .
11 Dec 2017, 23:19 PM

Mostly what i think matters most than controversial.

Volk Flame nades- was very easy to change a 1v1 engagement with little chance for dodging, fuse time and earlier acess will definatley make a difference in play

Greyhound- With the USF light vehicles all being usable but not really dominant(people prefer 50 cals) Certain to become a popular pick considering it's effectiveness

TD changes- Elephant, Jt were just about impossible to beat in 4v4, much like fireflies (which are nerfed) were impossible to beat without them. Jacksons are better now, whole TD landscape will be different.

Soviet infantry- Everything got changed including mgs, Penals may disappear for a while as a result, but definitely new meta for infantry units.

Artillery and pak43s- cost adjustments Will certainly change how frequently they are seen in teamgames, stil mabye not in 1v1 as much but they will also be more durable from airstrikes(which were adjusted). Cancer?, fun flavor? or still useless?
12 Dec 2017, 06:47 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

1. Riflemen Smoke
2. Withdraw and Refit
3. 3-man Infiltration Commandos
4. M4A3 Sherman Bulldozer
5. KV-8 built from T4
12 Dec 2017, 07:17 AM

• luchs build time
  • M36 Jackson changes
  • Panther changes
  • --
  • --

12 Dec 2017, 07:26 AM

-volksgrenadier changes, I was expecting something quite more elaborate than simply removing vet 4 and 5, and most likely volks went to still OP before vet 3 and UP after.
-luchs build time
-panther even more rng machine.
12 Dec 2017, 09:07 AM
Donator 11

1. Infiltration commandos with 5 men, demos and cost decrease. There is absolutely bo point in going commando doctribe after that change as land matress commander is even better now.
2. Rarely used callins tied to tech.
3. Multiple buffs to LeIG
4. Ostrppen with late game scaling.
5. A complete redesign of usf mechanised doctrine.

That said I must say that I'm very positive about the changes overall.
12 Dec 2017, 09:12 AM

1. the changes to building hopping, (always thought its skillfull if someone can micro his whole army and hop at the same time)
2. kv8 to t4 without a price decrease techcost plus the tank cost come now around (20+90+90+145)345 fuel and that if u don't even get a light tank.
3. the pak 43 costing 350 mp and 45 fuel, makes it only 30 mp more expensive then a normal pak 40 plus just a cost of 45 fuel. (It might become pretty spammable? so maybe a bigger popcap then 10 pop it currently is is needed, make it 15 or something.)
4. The smoke changes(but atleast they are consistent, my shocks don't get nade and smoke too anymore :*( )
5. nr 5 is actually a 'not change' but something what i really miss is a change for the current sniper meta.
12 Dec 2017, 16:06 PM

I'll use all 5 of mine on the Sturmtiger since it got nerfed repeatedly throughout the iterations:

[1] Damage reduced from 640 to 580
[2] Both MP and Fuel costs were increased (+60MP and +20F)
[3] Can no longer fire through shot blockers
[4] Can no longer damage or destroy vehicle engines on successful hit, can only stun
[5] Range reduced from 45 to 40

Despite all of these nerfs, the reload speed will be the same as the AVRE (40 seconds), even though you have to retreat the Sturmtiger to your back lines and manually trigger. Under ideal circumstances you're looking at 60 seconds or more between shots.

AVRE on the other hand gets a turret and auto reloads with no vulnerability as soon as a shot is fired.

I guess the slight buff to the veterancy 1 grenade ability makes up for all this?
13 Dec 2017, 00:02 AM

I'll miss the off-map 155mm from Mechanized. The range is too low for the WC51 to be all that useful. Had it not included a range, or given the range of an on-map howitzer, then it would have been fine. Giving it a range of 60-80 means that it won't be used much in anything beyond 2v2's.
13 Dec 2017, 00:13 AM

1. Removal of smoke on Riflemen, that's going into dangerous territory.
2. Nerf to Tommies in cover, I suppose it helps wermacht in the matchup but then it helps OKW as well.
3. Changing ML-20 and similar pieces to cost less manpower but also cost fuel.
4. Some commander changes don't seem successful.
5. More like what's not being changed, wermacht is being somewhat left untouched. They got a few changes here and there but some of the problems they have will still persist. I guess if other factions get nerfed, they technically get a buff?
13 Dec 2017, 04:32 AM

1. Removal of smoke on Riflemen, that's going into dangerous territory.
2. Nerf to Tommies in cover, I suppose it helps wermacht in the matchup but then it helps OKW as well.
3. Changing ML-20 and similar pieces to cost less manpower but also cost fuel.
4. Some commander changes don't seem successful.
5. More like what's not being changed, wermacht is being somewhat left untouched. They got a few changes here and there but some of the problems they have will still persist. I guess if other factions get nerfed, they technically get a buff?

Some time ago, the balance team said something to the effect that they planned to balance everything to Ostheer so yes, technically a buff.

13 Dec 2017, 04:47 AM

Can I complain about stuff that wasn't changed?
13 Dec 2017, 06:02 AM
Donator 11

1.Demo detection and no territory builds
2.Elimination of more call-in tanks (M4C) while leaving others (M10)
3.Stuka nerfs without reload or cost reduction
4.Luchs build time
5.M8 new meta

13 Dec 2017, 09:19 AM
Donator 11

1.Demo detection and no territory builds
2.Elimination of more call-in tanks (M4C) while leaving others (M10)
3.Stuka nerfs without reload or cost reduction
4.Luchs build time
5.M8 new meta

M10’s are tied to tech now
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 33
Germany 7
unknown 4
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10