Login

russian armor

Minefields

30 Nov 2017, 19:29 PM

I thought lelic didn't want mines to cause squad wipes so they added suppression to mines, why don't minefields also give suppression?

The squad can sometimes not say "Mines" as it can be drown out by other events.

What up?
30 Nov 2017, 19:40 PM
Donator 11

minefields have huge signs telling you they are there so there is no risk of squadwipe. Typical universal mines were the problem becouse they could wipe you from an ambush, for 1/3 of the price of a demo.
30 Nov 2017, 19:48 PM

So every point you cap, you look at first, even toward the later end of the game when the majority of micro is used up in tank battles?
30 Nov 2017, 20:33 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2017, 19:48 PMLatch
So every point you cap, you look at first, even toward the later end of the game when the majority of micro is used up in tank battles?

Yes.
30 Nov 2017, 20:50 PM
Donator 11

Of course.
1 Dec 2017, 02:45 AM

Yup.
1 Dec 2017, 03:39 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

And then we bring up defensive community tactics (sov) PMD-6 mines. Which are like S-mines with no signs. :D
1 Dec 2017, 05:53 AM
Senior Caster Badge

What a nice Latchpost again. Enjoyable.

I wouldn't mind giving it surpression tho lol --> Surpressed crawling into next mine = more infantry lost for enemy SeemsGood
1 Dec 2017, 08:57 AM

You can turn that game around and say that a German player has to assign a minesweeper squad to every capping unit to prevent wipes from demos.

But either way I am sure that the Ostheer player will NEVER have enough mun to mine every point. A mine field costs 15-60 mun and Ostheer needs that more for LMG42, nades, commander abilites, etc. In addition, a single T70 can wipe out every minefield on its own while even a P4 gets fucked up brutally with a demo.

I don't want to sound biased, mines are simply part of the game. The minefield is the only type of mine (keeping that sov flare shit out of mind) that cannot do anything against tanks and has 4 signs with skulls on them as other posters also stated.

Also it is simply an RNG thing if you lose a single soldier or the whole squad because the soldiers move like morons. Retreating through a minefield can be annoying though.
1 Dec 2017, 19:52 PM

I think the intention of minefields is that they function as part of the Ost force as a whole, ie you place them to cover some of your flanks and close down how many angles the enemy can approach from, this works as a force multiplier and also means the easily spottable mines can be protected from sweepers by close by units. Synergy with wire, bunkers, MG42 etc.

Sneaking pios onto enemy retreat path to place mines is borderline abuse imo.
1 Dec 2017, 20:21 PM

If anything I think suppression would be a nerf... IMO the best part of S mines is that you can lose an entire squad if they aren't paying attention and just capping by clicking on the Tac Map. Throw in suppression and suddenly you have a LOT more time to hit retreat your squad before they barrel through the entire the field since they are reduced to crawling.
1 Dec 2017, 21:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

If anything I think suppression would be a nerf... IMO the best part of S mines is that you can lose an entire squad if they aren't paying attention and just capping by clicking on the Tac Map. Throw in suppression and suddenly you have a LOT more time to hit retreat your squad before they barrel through the entire the field since they are reduced to crawling.

I believe that suppression applying from S-mines would effectively nerf S-mines is why Latch is suggesting it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★