Login

russian armor

Gewehr 43s in tiger docs

14 Nov 2017, 15:37 PM

Permanently Banned
This synergy looks liek to strong, every time its grens gev43 spam + units from t3 and tiger ass or skill planes, somthing need remove, coz synergy to strong.
14 Nov 2017, 15:54 PM

14 Nov 2017, 16:14 PM

Updated your title's spelling.
14 Nov 2017, 16:19 PM

I love how everyone leaves everything to the others.

Phrases like something needs to be done or something is OP, fix it or rebalance the game are one of the best.

Only better phrases are to start blaming the mods team for not fixing the issues in they way they wanted them to be fixed ( without giving feedback at first)

Guys come on, how you want a serious discussion when you can't even start a thread with some basic thoughts about rebalancing or at least a proper argumentation why it is not balanced at current rate.

Then you wonder, why can't we keep serious balance discussions.

So, pls :D
14 Nov 2017, 16:21 PM

Permanently Banned
I love how everyone leaves everything to the others.

Phrases like something needs to be done or something is OP, fix it or rebalance the game are one of the best.

Only better phrases are to start blaming the mods team for not fixing the issues in they way they wanted them to be fixed ( without giving feedback at first)

Guys come on, how you want a serious discussion when you can't even start a thread with some basic thoughts about rebalancing or at least a proper argumentation why it is not balanced at current rate.

Then you wonder, why can't we keep serious balance discussions.

So, pls :D

Whut ?
14 Nov 2017, 16:22 PM

You claim that Lightning War synergy is broken (mostly because Skill planes and call-ins are broken, btw), and thus, Lightning War should not exist as a doctrine.

Why don't you start out by explaining which OST doctrines you consider "normal" and "well designed".
14 Nov 2017, 16:23 PM

Permanently Banned
I think all things need changes, gev43, stug, skill planes adn synergy with tiger/tiger ass.
You just spam grens with gev43 (that come at 1 cp) into p4/stugs, in late game you just rush this blob with tanks + skill planes or tiger ass, and GG.
14 Nov 2017, 16:25 PM

I think all things need changes, gev43, stug, skill planes adn synergy with tiger/tiger ass.
You just spam grens with gev43 (that come at 1 cp) into p4/stugs, in late game you just rush this blob with tanks + skill planes or tiger ass, and GG.

So, it's probably just the skillplanes and tiger ace that need to get nerfed?
14 Nov 2017, 16:31 PM

Permanently Banned
You claim that Lightning War synergy is broken (mostly because Skill planes and call-ins are broken, btw), and thus, Lightning War should not exist as a doctrine.

Why don't you start out by explaining which OST doctrines you consider "normal" and "well designed".

Why i need talk waht ostheer docs are fine, if i create thread about gev43 synergy ?
Tiger doc with opels, ostruppen.
I mean gev43 synergy in 1v1 adn 2v2 and same lethai like ele + scope in 2v2. Got AA HT to down planes, but before he down planes, lose 1-2 tanks. Gevers 43 blob > all anothers blob (exept brits 2 brens 5 models i guess). Light tanks and vehicles are useles vs them, coz stuart bad liek AI, t-70 come to late, USF AA HT just for defend, coz bad pathing, m20 dont work, coz 222. IN late game you just trade stugs in all another vehicles if needed.
14 Nov 2017, 16:38 PM

Permanently Banned

So, it's probably just the skillplanes and tiger ace that need to get nerfed?

ITs synergy, same playstyle will be with doc where no tiger, but only gevers and skill planes. Tiger ass just are more save, coz its callin tank with penalty.
14 Nov 2017, 17:02 PM

This synergy looks liek to strong, every time its grens gev43 spam + units from t3 and tiger ass or skill planes, somthing need remove, coz synergy to strong.

Finally someone says it...Playing against this every game is so boring.
14 Nov 2017, 17:49 PM

im tired of jaeger armor and lightning war. 80% of the time is see these docs used
14 Nov 2017, 18:09 PM

Whut ?

A proper argumentation would look similarly to this:

Hi,

I have found lighting war too strong at the moments mainly because of the ability synergy is too strong.

The Tiger alone is very potent as a heavy tank, because it is a) one of the best generalist tanks in a game and b) requires no teching at all. This tank alone is not OpieOP or root of all OST problems but put together with SCAS ability that is able to literaly vaporise any tank in the ground zero zone makes the doctrine OP. In my opinion Stuka Close Air Support is overperforming ATM and should be toned down. Giving Allied player a change to evade the impact zone by adding an ability delay would solve many problems in my opinion.

Multiplied by G43s that allow Ostheer Grenadiers to go toe-to-toe with 1Bar Riflemens and Penals and by recoup losses that gives Ostheer player Ostruppen swarms this doctrine surely becomes one of the best in the game. Putting all other Ostheer doctrines into shadow, removing faction versatility and playability.
It also forces Allies factions to go the same build order over and over again - forcing them to abuse Allied Cheese in order to compete with the doctrine.

My suggestion would be to at the start decrease SCAS damage by 20% and add 6-10 second delay to all loiters in order to give the enemy an option to disengage before his tanks melt away.

If this nerf alone is not enough to balance the doctrine and playtesting shows that more needs to be done then I suggest to increase Tiger fuel cost by 25% as long as the tier3/tier4 is built. The same will apply to all other call in heavy and medium vehicles, in order to get rid of call-in cheese.

This in my opinion will hit the doctrine rather hard and it wont need any more nerfs mainly because synergy of Tiger and SCAS are making the doctrine OP. Recoup losses isnt anything particulary OP alone,
so isnt the strategical movement. G43s are strong, but they are both hardcountered by vet3 Riflemen with 2 Bars at all ranges and by vet3 Penals and vet3 lmg IS at long range so counterplay surely is there.

Also I think that other doctrines that share the same fate -being OP and overshadowing other doctrines -
- should be rebalanced too, so both Axis and Allied cheese is removed and everyone will get opporunities and strategies to play with.

If we only nerf Ostheer A++ Doctrine we many quickly find out that now every Allied Faction outpowers Ostheer with its cheese - a thing we want to avoid.

There are my opinions, what do you think ?

Discuss,
Hector

This is what I consider a serious post which explain persons statements well and is a fertile soil for a fruitful balance discussion.

PS: I have also included my own opinions about the Lighting war doctrine in the Italic example post so feel free to talk about them too, as they are my opinion.

Cheers :)
14 Nov 2017, 18:37 PM

An ostheer OP thread. Lol. Trust me, there are plenty of other mindless blobbs/cheese stats that are poisoning this game. And the allies have a lot more counters to blobbs. 4 man squad blobbs btw.
14 Nov 2017, 18:39 PM

Hi,

I have found lighting war too strong at the moments mainly because of the ability synergy is too strong.

The Tiger alone is very potent as a heavy tank, because it is a) one of the best generalist tanks in a game and b) requires no teching at all. This tank alone is not OpieOP or root of all OST problems but put together with SCAS ability that is able to literaly vaporise any tank in the ground zero zone makes the doctrine OP. In my opinion Stuka Close Air Support is overperforming ATM and should be toned down. Giving Allied player a change to evade the impact zone by adding an ability delay would solve many problems in my opinion.

Multiplied by G43s that allow Ostheer Grenadiers to go toe-to-toe with 1Bar Riflemens and Penals and by recoup losses that gives Ostheer player Ostruppen swarms this doctrine surely becomes one of the best in the game. Putting all other Ostheer doctrines into shadow, removing faction versatility and playability.
It also forces Allies factions to go the same build order over and over again - forcing them to abuse Allied Cheese in order to compete with the doctrine.

My suggestion would be to at the start decrease SCAS damage by 20% and add 6-10 second delay to all loiters in order to give the enemy an option to disengage before his tanks melt away.

If this nerf alone is not enough to balance the doctrine and playtesting shows that more needs to be done then I suggest to increase Tiger fuel cost by 25% as long as the tier3/tier4 is built. The same will apply to all other call in heavy and medium vehicles, in order to get rid of call-in cheese.

This in my opinion will hit the doctrine rather hard and it wont need any more nerfs mainly because synergy of Tiger and SCAS are making the doctrine OP. Recoup losses isnt anything particulary OP alone,
so isnt the strategical movement. G43s are strong, but they are both hardcountered by vet3 Riflemen with 2 Bars at all ranges and by vet3 Penals and vet3 lmg IS at long range so counterplay surely is there.

Also I think that other doctrines that share the same fate -being OP and overshadowing other doctrines -
- should be rebalanced too, so both Axis and Allied cheese is removed and everyone will get opporunities and strategies to play with.

If we only nerf Ostheer A++ Doctrine we many quickly find out that now every Allied Faction outpowers Ostheer with its cheese - a thing we want to avoid.

Discuss,
Hector

This is what I consider a serious post which explain persons statements well and is a fertile soil for a fruitful balance discussion.

PS: I have also included my own opinions about the Lighting war doctrine in the Italic example post so feel free to talk about them too, as they are my opinion.

see this how you make post
14 Nov 2017, 18:48 PM

Permanently Banned
An ostheer OP thread. Lol. Trust me, there are plenty of other mindless blobbs/cheese stats that are poisoning this game. And the allies have a lot more counters to blobbs. 4 man squad blobbs btw.

Lets go make chalenge, you will be play USF/soviet i ask Prodi to play ostheer, lets see, how you deal with this strat.
I know from my experience, if somthing are broken, polish guys will be use it. 1919 blobs, penals blobs, tommies blobs, grens blobs, fussi blobs. Kv-8 spam with at guns, like it was when kv-8 burn units better then crocodile, thay begin first use luchs rush in ostwinds and com panther.
Like you see, i dont blame ostheer like faction OP, i write about synergy of units and docs, that make somthing like snowball.
Every time i feel somthing like arty covers time back, but in new cover without comets.
14 Nov 2017, 18:51 PM

Permanently Banned

Hi,

Discuss,
Hector

Thanks man, dont agree with all, but nice to see so good long post with explaines.
15 Nov 2017, 10:47 AM

Multiplied by G43s that allow Ostheer Grenadiers to go toe-to-toe with 1Bar Riflemens and Penals....

The horror! There is a OST doctrine against which blobbing just Riflemen and Penals in hordes does not work anymore 100% the time.

Perhaps thought should be given as to the reason why so many OST players stick to the doctrine... like, because it is always a Penals/Riflemen blob they encounter...?

And in this COH2, the only sure protection against a blob is a bigger blob. Sad but true.
15 Nov 2017, 18:23 PM

An OST op post. This is just too much. Im gone
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight