Login

russian armor

KT should have penalties

12 Nov 2017, 10:07 AM

It's a game-changing unit, nobody can or should deny this. Only OKW has such unit (and maybe Wehrmacht with TA and Brits with the Crocodile but this are doctrinal units). All the other Heavys from all the factions have not such big impact on the game.
KT needs some kind of nerf, not a big one but something.
And don't forget, it is non - doctrinal.
12 Nov 2017, 10:11 AM

And another thing.
People say "use TD". Ok, but if a support my KT with two clocked raketen, the TD can kiss my azz :D
Some things are easier said than done. And to deal with KT is easier said than done. You can deal with it but its very very hard. For all skill levels
12 Nov 2017, 11:33 AM

A single tank destroyer su85 or m36 will counter a king tiger on its own for less than half the cost meaning you can build multiple tank destroyers . The king tiger is 100% helpless against them and will lose every single time as it cant fight back.

How you can suggest the most expensive tank in the game needs even more penalties just shows your inexperience.
12 Nov 2017, 11:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2017, 08:59 AMLatch

Tigers are reliably consistent to pen, but the real question here seems to be... would you rather a KT or a Pershing?

No I still think the question is why should anyone take your suggestions for game balance seriously when you blatantly make up information, like the Pershing having paper armour.

Oh and tigers are consistent to pen because USF and UKF pen values (and damage too) were power creeped to make tiger armor obsolete.

12 Nov 2017, 11:43 AM

And another thing.
People say "use TD". Ok, but if a support my KT with two clocked raketen, the TD can kiss my azz :D
Some things are easier said than done. And to deal with KT is easier said than done. You can deal with it but its very very hard. For all skill levels

And if you support a blob of inf with two at guns who are as good as cloaked from 60 range the KT can kiss your ass.

Any unit in this game is strong when "properly supported" to the degree that critical mass can be achieved and become impregnable.
12 Nov 2017, 11:59 AM

No I still think the question is why should anyone take your suggestions for game balance seriously when you blatantly make up information, like the Pershing having paper armour.

Oh and tigers are consistent to pen because USF and UKF pen values (and damage too) were power creeped to make tiger armor obsolete.

As stated earlier, Pumas can pen the Pershing reliably. It's commonly known that the pershing doesnt have great armour.
12 Nov 2017, 12:33 PM

So like any other heavy tank in the game?

All in all there is little substance to your argument that it deserves a penalty other than just opinion. It is no harder to take out than any other well supported unit in the game, just get a tank destroyer and learn how to kite.

insaneHoshi you have 4000 games literally all as Axis, 90% as OKW. Every post you made should have a big red asterisk next to it.

The whole "get a TD and kite" is a very naive comment and clearly highlights your lack of any allied play.

Cloaked raketens are a thing. Any good player won't advance or over extend their KT unless they know for a fact they have raketen support.

There needs to be some sort of drawback for a player to call in the KT in its current state because right now it's literally an iWin button in most occasions.
12 Nov 2017, 13:02 PM

So like any other heavy tank in the game?

All in all there is little substance to your argument that it deserves a penalty other than just opinion. It is no harder to take out than any other well supported unit in the game, just get a tank destroyer and learn how to kite.

True, its an L2P issue. Same goes for a well supported Churchill or IS2.

When OP complained about "You need combined arms to beat it" I knew its an L2P issue. What do you want? Rush it with 2 T34s head on and win?
12 Nov 2017, 13:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2017, 13:02 PMRMMLz

True, its an L2P issue. Same goes for a well supported Churchill or IS2.

When OP complained about "You need combined arms to beat it" I knew its an L2P issue. What do you want? Rush it with 2 T34s head on and win?

Probably not, but when you have 3 6 pounders in front of KT at mid range and KT is just sitting there taking all bullets and at the same time slowly wiping at guns one by one, then you know there is something wrong because none tank should win vs 2-3 at guns head on.
12 Nov 2017, 13:23 PM
Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2017, 09:44 AMLatch

Wrong, I advocated for the comet nerf, I want a light gammon bomb nerf, I want double bren tommies to be fixed, I want to see a change to brace. Playing only 1 faction != being a blind fan boi of said faction (I did play USF for many many hours and play a few OST games now and again but everyone seems to ignore that side of things).

If that last statement is your answer to something being broken, then OKW have the best counters to any unit any allied faction can field, right? KT/Jag/(CMD)Panther for any tanks, Obers/Falls for any infantry, LEIG for any indirect, Flame nades for any MG's, Puma for any Light vehicle, Searchlight for any cloaked units. Sounds a little.... much doesn't it, so allies shouldn't get any changes ever as OKW has the best counters to them?

According to your player card you have never played OKW, or soviets for that matter. You also have 104 Ost games compared to 1645 games as Brits. You have played a fair amount of USF but, you haven't played either of those factions in over a month.

You may advocate for a few fair changed in the past, but that does not make you a fair or balanced source of knowledge or opinion.

The KT is a very powerful unit, however my position is that its counters need buff's rather than the KT nerfed. The only faction i think that currently has an unfair time against the KT is USF (only if they dont pick M10's), and they are getting some kind of Jackson buff.

One last thing; there is nothing wrong with playing only one faction, I simply don't believe you can provide an unbiased, experienced opinion.
12 Nov 2017, 13:35 PM

Permanently Banned

According to your player card you have never played OKW, or soviets for that matter. You also have 104 Ost games compared to 1645 games as Brits. You have played a fair amount of USF but, you haven't played either of those factions in over a month.

You may advocate for a few fair changed in the past, but that does not make you a fair or balanced source of knowledge or opinion.

The KT is a very powerful unit, however my position is that its counters need buff's rather than the KT nerfed. The only faction i think that currently has an unfair time against the KT is USF (only if they dont pick M10's), and they are getting some kind of Jackson buff.

One last thing; there is nothing wrong with playing only one faction, I simply don't believe you can provide an unbiased, experienced opinion.

Frist of all, why kt have 240 damage, but is-2 adn tiger dont have ?
Why KT have so big AOE, he wipes units and AT guns, after brumbar its most wipe unit imo.
You whanna buff tiger and is-2 to KT level for wipes ?
12 Nov 2017, 13:40 PM

Probably not, but when you have 3 6 pounders in front of KT at mid range and KT is just sitting there taking all bullets and at the same time slowly wiping at guns one by one, then you know there is something wrong because none tank should win vs 2-3 at guns head on.

never seen that happen. Though i have seen KT wipe lone AT guns
12 Nov 2017, 14:10 PM

12 Nov 2017, 14:18 PM
Strategist Badge

Frist of all, why kt have 240 damage, but is-2 adn tiger dont have ?
Why KT have so big AOE, he wipes units and AT guns, after brumbar its most wipe unit imo.
You whanna buff tiger and is-2 to KT level for wipes ?

KT is tied to Tech and you cant have a commander panther or ST with it. Maybe its AoE should be reduced, coz AT guns lol.

But Tiger and IS2 are call in untied to tech
12 Nov 2017, 15:23 PM

Maybe the penalty is that it cost 1600 MP 520 FU?

So Sherman is more expensive than Tiger or IS2, aye?
12 Nov 2017, 15:31 PM

needs a nerf. impossible to crack through even with just AT guns/TDs.

given comparable support on both sides, the KT will always come out on top. firstly, the KT can take hits well. 375 frontal armor with 1.2k hp is pretty much a monster. the KT can take alot of shots, more than enough time for its supporting forces to get into positions and fire back at the TDs.

2ndly the KT doesnt need to push. it just has to sit there and wipe squads left and right then pull back to repair and let ur own TD/panthers to snipe off su85s/fireflies/jacksons which are pretty much the best counters in the game for KT.

it takes an all-in tactic for the allies to destroy a KT to which only then they will come out on top or even out the trade. should the allies take a couple of pot shots at the KT. chances are, KT can bounce off some shots, blow up a couple of infantry and pull back to repair for free and also spotting some positions for artillery. all these benefits are nothing compared to risks that the KT has to take.

this is what makes a KT so powerful.
12 Nov 2017, 16:00 PM

So Sherman is more expensive than Tiger or IS2, aye?

1600mp and 520fu whilst having nothing else but infantry and rakettens to fight that penal blob supported by m4cs Kappa
12 Nov 2017, 16:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2017, 22:54 PMLatch

1. Good good
2. They can can't they? I've had it before I know I have unless, it's actually been changed so they can't allow it...
this just show us that you either 1 don't play the game or 2 you play the game but only with allied faction, and i would prefer if it was 1 and not 2
12 Nov 2017, 16:43 PM

Permanently Banned
It already has:

Slower than snared churchil
Slow rotation
Slow turet rotation
Need minimal range, because how long turret is.
Super expensive
Limited visibility
Requires to choose doctrine.
Solo is very vulnerable to anything.
Snared is a dead tank
Easily destroyed by TD's

No reason to nerf it, if a player is good at micro this beast.
12 Nov 2017, 16:49 PM

Permanently Banned

1600mp and 520fu whilst having nothing else but infantry and rakettens to fight that penal blob supported by m4cs Kappa

hector says, you can float this much resources, even if you have no map control and make many mistakes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
Germany 26
Germany 81
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %