Login

russian armor

KT should have penalties

11 Nov 2017, 22:39 PM

Similar to the Tiger Ace maybe but not as strong? As it stands now it's a tank that has no negative impact on the player. It's very difficult to destroy from a decent player and even vs an average player it can be painful to play against.

It takes a lot of combined arms to kill and the massive amount of HP and armour is a ball ache to whittle down (Then get insta repaired by sturms). It can be built when you have teched up regardless if all buildings are up, they just have to be deployed - Another issue.

If you kill the schwer you know a KT will come along (Usually with a command panther), where is the punishment for losing the building? KT Should require all buildings Up at least, not just teched. In theory they save themselves a lot of fuel by not having to rebuild the schwer.

It's not like OKW is starved anymore so what's the excuse for not needing all buildings up? When you kill the schwer you have to prepare for the KT, how do you do this? By getting tank destroyers, the problem here is however that with OKW having decent infantry scale, by the time you can build a tank, you don't want to be building an AT vehicle, you need AI so you have a choice... build several mediums and hope none of them die to invisible AT guns + snares or save up for a couple of tank destroyers that do nothing against infantry with knowing that you can at least scare away the KT

OKW are very strong early game, strong mid game and very powerful late game, the army composition without the KT is already very strong, yet when the KT comes onto the field it just wreaks havoc.

I would much rather the KT need all buildings present than a tiger ace style income decrease, but at this point, I would take any just so I know that as soon as I kill the KT, it's not just going to be called in again after I lost several tanks and AT guns in the fight to kill it. Because remember, games can last an awful long time, and when no new tanks are being made due to the schwer being destroyed, the OKW player is just saving up fuel for a new KT should the current one fail.
11 Nov 2017, 22:50 PM

To correct your statements:

1. Sturmpio repair speed is being nerfed in DBP

2. One player cannot call-in both Kingtiger and Commando Panther

Continue with your discussion :)
11 Nov 2017, 22:54 PM

To correct your statements:

1. Sturmpio repair speed is being nerfed in DBP

2. One player cannot call-in both Kingtiger and Commando Panther

Continue with your discussion :)

1. Good good
2. They can can't they? I've had it before I know I have unless, it's actually been changed so they can't allow it...
11 Nov 2017, 23:14 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Was changed awhile back. Before "GCS" patch IIRC you could call both.
11 Nov 2017, 23:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2017, 22:39 PMLatch
Similar to the Tiger Ace maybe but not as strong? As it stands now it's a tank that has no negative impact on the player. It's very difficult to destroy from a decent player and even vs an average player it can be painful to play against.

So like any other heavy tank in the game?

All in all there is little substance to your argument that it deserves a penalty other than just opinion. It is no harder to take out than any other well supported unit in the game, just get a tank destroyer and learn how to kite.
11 Nov 2017, 23:36 PM

KT ok in general.

Not OK its wipe potential.

Decrease AOE little bit.
12 Nov 2017, 00:30 AM

12 Nov 2017, 00:49 AM

So like any other heavy tank in the game?

All in all there is little substance to your argument that it deserves a penalty other than just opinion. It is no harder to take out than any other well supported unit in the game, just get a tank destroyer and learn how to kite.

To some extent that is true, but there is only so many times a FF can bounce off a KT before you start to get annoyed, I've had a firefly bounce 5 shots in a row (happened in one of my recent stream) off a KT's armour. Yes it was close to max range but if I moved any closer I would get shot, fausted then killed.

Every other comment that adds nothing to the conversation, why bother typing? Disagree with me all you want, but at least have the mental ability to contribute to the topic or just keep silent, this isn't the steam forums last I checked, don't stoop to that level please.
12 Nov 2017, 01:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2017, 00:49 AMLatch

To some extent that is true, but there is only so many times a FF can bounce off a KT before you start to get annoyed, I've had a firefly bounce 5 shots in a row (happened in one of my recent stream) off a KT's armour.

So it needs to be nerfed because you had some bad RNG? That's your best reason for nerfs?

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2017, 00:49 AMLatch
Every other comment that adds nothing to the conversation, why bother typing? Disagree with me all you want, but at least have the mental ability to contribute to the topic or just keep silent, this isn't the steam forums last I checked, don't stoop to that level please.

You mean to the level of saying I have low mental ability like you just did? Pointing out that you have no evidence or good logic for such a nerf doesn't count as adding nothing to the conversation BTW. Again you have yet to explain why the KT deserves such disadvantages yet no other HT in the game needs such disadvantages.

The KT is a strong unit, but it is the most expensive unit in the game. There is an upper limit on how effective a tank destroyer, which has half its cost, should be against the KT without using the TD in an optimal manner. It seems like you want a TD that you can have on the field and expect it to win the game for you, and if you cant have it, therefore you need nerfs to compensate for it.

I still don't like Commets, but just because I don't like them doesn't mean im going to use my bias to try and justify some sort of tiger ace fuel penalty, just because i feel like it.

You say dumb stuff like "As it stands now it's a tank that has no negative impact on the player." and ignoring the fact that it does have a negative manpower impact, this logic is pure WTF
12 Nov 2017, 02:04 AM

Latch the Kt is not too Op when you consider the cost compared to the Ace which comes out free. There are plenty of Strategies that can defeat it. On your record you have over 2500 allies games and not a single OKW game maybe try to play the faction/ use a KT based strategy to help learn its weaknesses yourself.
12 Nov 2017, 03:10 AM

I think the only things that really bother me about the kt (besides the repair thing but that's getting changed anyway) is that they hardly ever miss infantry and are fairly easily able to wipe full health, spaced out (even 5 man) squads, and the fact that they can be called in with lost trucks.

Also @insaneHoshi (because I don't want to quote the whole post or try to snip on my phone) every single unit had upkeep costs lol. Even the ambulance and okw searchlight. I'm not 100% agreeing with OP that it has no negative effects but that doesn't really count as a negative effect. The only time, however, I wouldn't build a kt or even hesitate to is when they have like 3+ TDs or I'm in a teamgame and going for a jt. They even counter at gun walls lol.
12 Nov 2017, 08:45 AM

snip

The mental capacity wasn't about you, it was about the other posts after you such as "Lol no" etc etc.

The king only costs 50 more fuel than a pershing/Crock and 80 MP more than a crock, yet, the crock is getting a massive nerf to its flame weapon and the pershing has paper armour but the KT can still (as mentioned here too) 1 shot 5 man full health squads consistently.

The bounce 5x in a row was bad RNG yes, but its consistent enough for me to notice someone here will be able to do the math better than I can, but im fairly certain at max range, only 1 in 3 of my shots ever pen from a FF. Lets not forget I have to engage from max range with the FF's paper armour.

See, you mentioned comets but they got a nerf facing the KT is like facing the pre nerf comets.

12 Nov 2017, 08:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2017, 08:45 AMLatch

The mental capacity wasn't about you, it was about the other posts after you such as "Lol no" etc etc.

The king only costs 50 more fuel than a pershing/Crock and 80 MP more than a crock, yet, the crock is getting a massive nerf to its flame weapon and the pershing has paper armour but the KT can still (as mentioned here too) 1 shot 5 man full health squads consistently.

The bounce 5x in a row was bad RNG yes, but its consistent enough for me to notice someone here will be able to do the math better than I can, but im fairly certain at max range, only 1 in 3 of my shots ever pen from a FF. Lets not forget I have to engage from max range with the FF's paper armour.

See, you mentioned comets but they got a nerf facing the KT is like facing the pre nerf comets.

I don't think you know what you are talking about when you describe the Pershing as having paper armour when it has 300, the same as a Tiger
12 Nov 2017, 08:59 AM

I don't think you know what you are talking about when you describe the Pershing as having paper armour when it has 300, the same as a Tiger

Tigers are reliably consistent to pen, but the real question here seems to be... would you rather a KT or a Pershing?

Can we also not forget that I made a post here about the Pak 43 vs the 17PDR and because the 17PDR was non doc it deserved to be much weaker, why does that same logic not seem to be applying here? Strange that.
12 Nov 2017, 09:10 AM

KT is almost the same cost as Pershing ? LUL
At least ti require teching , not stall for 13 CP like other call-in.

And say FF cannot counter KT is LUL.
12 Nov 2017, 09:27 AM

KT is almost the same cost as Pershing ? LUL
At least ti require teching , not stall for 13 CP like other call-in.

And say FF cannot counter KT is LUL.

Unit for unit, its not that much cheaper, call ins are BS anyway, that's another issue. A FF can't counter a KT alone, its not 'LUL' it's true, high bounce rate and a high health pool on the KT, there isn't much a single FF can do alone so its best to get 2? That's 310 Fuel 880 MP, more expensive than a single KT and far less effective at killing infantry, or maybe 1 Cromwell and 1 FF, that's 265 fuel and 780 MP, just 15 fuel less expensive than a single KT for more micro and a hell of a lot less punch/presence, if you start talking about teching for comets/Churchill just a single extra one, it becomes far more expensive than a KT. But I have a feeling you are a team game player...

OKW had penalties at the start, they went away and the KT situation remains the same, kill the schwer so you can finally harass the OKW's cut off like they have been doing to you all game, you are going to have to face the best tank in the game. What a wonderful reward.
12 Nov 2017, 09:33 AM
Strategist Badge

Maybe if you played OKW (or any other faction for that matter) you might have a more well rounded and respectable position on this. As it stands you have a reputation for being a Brit fanboy, only ever arguing for improvements to the Brit factions position.

KT is strong, but of all the allied factions, Brits have the best counters to it.
12 Nov 2017, 09:35 AM

Pershing as having paper armour when it has 300

Still can be 1v1'ed by Puma lmfao :lolol:

To the topic: since it's limited by 1 as other heavies (and that limit hasn't came simultaneously with other heavies' limit) i'm ok with it. Manage to snare it and even with support its days are numbered.
12 Nov 2017, 09:44 AM

Maybe if you played OKW (or any other faction for that matter) you might have a more well rounded and respectable position on this. As it stands you have a reputation for being a Brit fanboy, only ever arguing for improvements to the Brit factions position.

KT is strong, but of all the allied factions, Brits have the best counters to it.

Wrong, I advocated for the comet nerf, I want a light gammon bomb nerf, I want double bren tommies to be fixed, I want to see a change to brace. Playing only 1 faction != being a blind fan boi of said faction (I did play USF for many many hours and play a few OST games now and again but everyone seems to ignore that side of things).

If that last statement is your answer to something being broken, then OKW have the best counters to any unit any allied faction can field, right? KT/Jag/(CMD)Panther for any tanks, Obers/Falls for any infantry, LEIG for any indirect, Flame nades for any MG's, Puma for any Light vehicle, Searchlight for any cloaked units. Sounds a little.... much doesn't it, so allies shouldn't get any changes ever as OKW has the best counters to them?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★