Login

russian armor

Firefly

8 Nov 2017, 07:06 AM

good day,

why exactly is the firefly already available in t3?
i think that such a strong TD has no place in T3, if you consider that similar TDs can only be built in the last tier of other fractiones (jp4, Su85, jackson)

why do Brits get the firefly so early/ with little fuel tech cost?
8 Nov 2017, 08:21 AM

What mod are you playing? Lol.. Firefly comes out at a pretty decent time and it costs more than any other medium TD.
8 Nov 2017, 08:25 AM

The main issue with FF is its accuracy that remain too high even DBP.

The value are 0.06/0.05/0.4(?) but taking into account the commander upgrade the should be considered 0.066/0.055/0.044 for all practical purposes.

To make things even worse the mid range is extremely long at 45 that firefly has 100% chance to hit a PzIV from range close to 58.

To make things even worse the unit get another x130% accuracy from vetting (another x135% is available doctrinal).

The unit can become so accurate that it can actually start hitting infantry entities with its gun.

And then there are the Tullips. Tullips could easily be locked behind hammer/anvil or behind veterancy.
8 Nov 2017, 08:25 AM

Brits have only 3 tiers so....
Have you ever played Brits your self? Probably not.
8 Nov 2017, 08:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2017, 08:25 AMVipper
The main issue with FF is its accuracy that remain too high even DBP.

The value are 0.06/0.05/0.4(?) but taking into account the commander upgrade the should be considered 0.066/0.055/0.044 for all practical purposes.

To make things even worse the mid range is extremely long at 45 that firefly has 100% chance to hit a PzIV from range close to 58.

To make things even worse the unit get another x130% accuracy from vetting (another x135% is available doctrinal).

Who cares? Most TD's don't miss regardless. The abysmal rate of fire makes it so it needs to hit every shot or the unit would be borderline useless.

I can't imagine anyone who would use the FF if it missed as much as the Jackson.
8 Nov 2017, 09:23 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Yeah Firefly comes very late. His fuelcost are the highest from all medium TD.
And the rate of fire ...

The cheapest Fuelcost has btw Jp4 (ofc okw) and when Jp4 reach vet 2 you can easy solowin vs any other TD.
I will not start to talk about the cloak xD

The accuracy got nerfed now in DBP so no worry that Firefly will be too strong.
8 Nov 2017, 09:42 AM

Who cares? Most TD's don't miss regardless. The abysmal rate of fire makes it so it needs to hit every shot or the unit would be borderline useless.

I can't imagine anyone who would use the FF if it missed as much as the Jackson.

I will not explain to you the importance of accuracy, there plenty of guides you can read.

If you argument is FF damage out put is low you should check you number.
You can actually have a look here
https://www.coh2.org/topic/56469/tank-destroyer-time-to-kill-stats
And the rate of fire ...

The cheapest Fuelcost has btw Jp4 (ofc okw) and when Jp4 reach vet 2 you can easy solowin vs any other TD.
I will not start to talk about the cloak xD

The accuracy got nerfed now in DBP so no worry that Firefly will be too strong.

The FF accuracy nerfs practical effect the unit only when moving.

On JP

8 Nov 2017, 09:55 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2017, 09:42 AMVipper

I will not explain to you the importance of accuracy, there plenty of guides you can read.

If you argument is FF damage out put is low you should check you number.
You can actually have a look here
https://www.coh2.org/topic/56469/tank-destroyer-time-to-kill-stats

The FF accuracy nerfs practical effect the unit only when moving.

On JP

Hehe,

well for what you need Pen as axis^^ Allies tankarmor is crap^^ in the most cases

And guys you can cloak rakten and go sneaky close to the tanks. Or put them in a house.

But i'm done here. I will not start here a big discuss^^
8 Nov 2017, 10:33 AM

Hehe,

well for what you need Pen as axis^^ Allies tankarmor is crap^^ in the most cases

And guys you can cloak rakten and go sneaky close to the tanks. Or put them in a house.

But i'm done here. I will not start here a big discuss^^

couldn't resist

This thread is about FF and the changes in DBP, I don't really the relevance of other AT weapons like JP or raketen.

And the rate of fire ...

You number are simply wrong JP is not the cheapest Fuel cost "medium TD":

8 Nov 2017, 10:56 AM

yes because balance changes are designed around a vacuum and never take in consideration of other units or combined arms play, that is stupid and would never happen in game

firefly = op when getting nerfed in DBP already, hello balance designers can you please nerf it more
8 Nov 2017, 10:58 AM

Brits have only 3 tiers so....
Have you ever played Brits your self? Probably not.

hmm..i played them a lot...maybe u dont know that u need to tech one strategie (Hammer or Anvil ) to get comet or churchill + bonis which is basicly the t4 from brits...but maybe u didn know this...?
8 Nov 2017, 11:00 AM

last days i had a game where my jp4 was not able to hit a t34 while on rotation...4 misses in row...wtf moment... a firefly must only rotate the turent...which is much better in urbans maps / drive around shotblocker/ houses
8 Nov 2017, 11:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2017, 10:56 AMSatire
yes because balance changes are designed around a vacuum and never take in consideration of other units or combined arms play, that is stupid and would never happen in game

firefly = op when getting nerfed in DBP already, hello balance designers can you please nerf it more

I couldn't resist

But this thread is about the FF and changes in accuracy will be hardly noticeable when the unit is stationary.
8 Nov 2017, 11:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2017, 11:06 AMVipper

I couldn't resist

But this thread is about the FF and changes in accuracy will be hardly noticeable when the unit is stationary.

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2017, 10:33 AMVipper

This thread is about FF and the changes in DBP, I don't really the relevance of other AT weapons like JP or raketen.

pls relic nerf firefly more
8 Nov 2017, 11:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2017, 11:12 AMSatire

pls relic nerf firefly more

Or when changing something make a change that make sense, like moving mid accuracy to range similar with other units of type.

Unless you have reason why it should have x150 longer mid range than M36 and Su-85.
8 Nov 2017, 11:37 AM

Permanently Banned
Why same guys nerf all allies units and defend all axis nerfs ?
What about thread about axis nerf ?
8 Nov 2017, 11:41 AM

Why same guys nerf all allies units and defend all axis nerfs ?
What about thread about axis nerf ?

If in your opinion any axis has been overbuffed in DBP or any allied unit has been overnerfed pls let me know which one and I will look into it.
8 Nov 2017, 11:43 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2017, 11:41 AMVipper

If in your opinion any axis has been overbuffed in DBP or any allied unit has been overnerfed pls let me know which one and I will look into it.

People blame me, but even me write about penals nerfs and another things. But i think for you all axis units are balanced and deserve no change or only buffs ? I dont see threads about axis nerf.
8 Nov 2017, 11:45 AM
Donator 11

I think what OP wanted to communicate is that, in his mind, firefly should not be available as early as cromwell. I don't think this is a valid point though becouse all factions get their best respective non doc TDs roughly at the same time and exatly at the same time as their first medium.

For example:
soviets: T4: su85 and t34
ostheer: T3: stug and p4
usf: major: jackson and sherman
okw: flak: jp4 and p4
and finally ukf: T3: firefly and cromwell
8 Nov 2017, 12:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2017, 10:33 AMVipper

couldn't resist

Balance team bias confirmed kappa
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10