Login

russian armor

Firefly

8 Nov 2017, 12:05 PM

I think what OP wanted to communicate is that, in his mind, firefly should not be available as early as cromwell. I don't think this is a valid point though becouse all factions get their best respective non doc TDs roughly at the same time and exatly at the same time as their first medium.

For example:
soviets: T4: su85 and t34
ostheer: T3: stug and p4
usf: major: jackson and sherman
okw: flak: jp4 and p4
and finally ukf: T3: firefly and cromwell

Main difference FF has 100% chance to hit and penetrate a PzIV (Ostheer and around 100% OKW) at range 60. It also has a chance to completely obliterate it with Tulips.

The unit is simply too effective both VS mediums tanks and Vs Super heavy ones.
8 Nov 2017, 12:11 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2017, 12:05 PMVipper

Main difference FF has 100% chance to hit and penetrate a PzIV (Ostheer and around 100% OKW) at range 60. It also has a chance to completely obliterate it with Tulips.

The unit is simply too effective both VS mediums tanks and Vs Super heavy ones.

I don't claim that firefly, or actually anything about brits, is ballanced. Just saying that OP's argument that it is not consistently placed in tech tree compared to other factions is wrong.

Still, I don't think it is as good as you make it to be. Tulips usually hit only with one rocket as they often miss or get dodged. And main gun reload time makes ineffective against mediums in general. Against a p4 you are better off with just AT gun or two than a firefly.
8 Nov 2017, 12:16 PM

Firefly is really a t4 unit...not a t3!

look at its performanche compared to other TD ...

brits have in t3 one of the best mediums and infantery shredder!
8 Nov 2017, 12:56 PM

Still, I don't think it is as good as you make it to be. Tulips usually hit only with one rocket as they often miss or get dodged. And main gun reload time makes ineffective against mediums in general. Against a p4 you are better off with just AT gun or two than a firefly...

Think you underestimate the effect of Tulips vs PzIV, if 2 tulips hit the PzIV dies in 2 shots around 8 secs one of the fastest kill vs mediums. If one 1 of the hits the PzIV dies in 3 shots in around 16 secs which still very fast.

That is actually faster than a JT or Elephant will kill a medium in range 60 in DBP and those units can actually miss.

8 Nov 2017, 13:58 PM

Hehe,

well for what you need Pen as axis^^ Allies tankarmor is crap^^ in the most cases

And guys you can cloak rakten and go sneaky close to the tanks. Or put them in a house.

But i'm done here. I will not start here a big discuss^^

So your counter is to say that every situation the raken is able to sneak into close range? Or that every situation has a nearby house? Wtf is wrong with you
8 Nov 2017, 14:47 PM

Permanently Banned
You guys forgot su76. Better pen. tha JP4, with barrage and half the price.
8 Nov 2017, 15:26 PM

You guys forgot su76. Better pen. tha JP4, with barrage and half the price.

SU-76 shreds face. I remember a time when it was such a silly unit.

But man, they can bully a brummbar.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 11
United States 4
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %