Login

russian armor

Really confused about the December balance patch

• This thread is locked
31 Oct 2017, 15:44 PM

Will it include the previous fall balance patch??
If it does not, why would relic abandon the fall patch?
There were many great changes such as the premium vehicle cost and new mortar pit.
31 Oct 2017, 16:37 PM

Will it include the previous fall balance patch??
If it does not, why would relic abandon the fall patch?
There were many great changes such as the premium vehicle cost and new mortar pit.

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2017/10/30/december-balance-patch

tl:dr They didn't get enough positive feedback on the FBP so they are going to do the DBP which will cherry-pick the least controversial changes or tweak some new things.
31 Oct 2017, 17:15 PM

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2017/10/30/december-balance-patch

tl:dr They didn't get enough positive feedback on the FBP so they are going to do the DBP which will cherry-pick the least controversial changes or tweak some new things.

This is so dumb.
31 Oct 2017, 18:35 PM

This is so dumb.

Better than nothing, plus a lot of good stuff is still making the cut and there is a lot more coming out later this week (the commander overhauls and OKW Vet4-5 fix).

I can live with Call-In Tanks and current Mortar Pit if we get more viable commanders to play with :)
31 Oct 2017, 20:32 PM

Stealing community work, stay classy Relic, with "your" December patch.
31 Oct 2017, 20:55 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

The class doesn't stop there, look at the map making contest.
1 Nov 2017, 06:01 AM

How can i play the december ballance mod ?
1 Nov 2017, 06:38 AM

And there were many dumb changes too. Plus it seemed all over the place
1 Nov 2017, 12:06 PM

IMO at least 80% of the changes are dumb and not very necesary, or maybe not urgent.
1 Nov 2017, 13:27 PM

Well maybe they could credit people who have helped, but common, the community has moaned for years about relic listening to the community, give them some credit for actually doing it, or would you rather they immplemented their own random crap or did nothing at all?
1 Nov 2017, 14:54 PM

Better than nothing, plus a lot of good stuff is still making the cut and there is a lot more coming out later this week (the commander overhauls and OKW Vet4-5 fix).

I can live with Call-In Tanks and current Mortar Pit if we get more viable commanders to play with :)

The call-in and mortar pit in the current state is tolerable, but changing it adds more flavor. I don't really like the cache price increase/panther nerf. They might be bad in team games, but changing so will affect 1v1 imo. Mostly I play 1v1 since I think team games are usually clusters of chaos.
2 Nov 2017, 09:44 AM

Well maybe they could credit people who have helped, but common, the community has moaned for years about relic listening to the community, give them some credit for actually doing it, or would you rather they immplemented their own random crap or did nothing at all?

Maybe? MAYBE? Dude, you're a multi-million (well maybe not so much after DoW 3) company which released one of the most anticipated sequels in recent years (DoW 3) which flopped a few months ago, is developing one of the most anticipated sequels of all times maybe even (AoE 4) and are collecting info for a possible 3rd sequel to one of the most highly rated RTS franchises of all times (CoH 3) and you "postponed" (altho more like cancelled and integrated) a community patch a few months ago and now are trying to do a few small changes and call the work your own.

Not to mention as Tric said the map making contest.

Now sorry but I'll go ahead and just say it, Relic have no shame, and I don't care if my comment gets flagged by the politically correct Relic kiss ass moderators, this is the simple fucking truth.
14 Dec 2017, 04:46 AM

are they doing anything about win button units in 1v1? I'm thinking KT obviously, a unit like that has no place in competitive play.
14 Dec 2017, 05:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2017, 04:46 AMGenMe
are they doing anything about win button units in 1v1? I'm thinking KT obviously, a unit like that has no place in competitive play.

More scatter, repairs from sturms are slower, veterancy slightly worse at like vet 4, popcap up 1 or 2. So several little things
14 Dec 2017, 06:03 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Now sorry but I'll go ahead and just say it, Relic have no shame, and I don't care if my comment gets flagged by the politically correct Relic kiss ass moderators, this is the simple fucking truth.

You have always been able to bash Relic here. Hell you see staff members do it more often than anyone else after trying to work with them.
14 Dec 2017, 08:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2017, 06:03 AMTobis

You have always been able to bash Relic here. Hell you see staff members do it more often than anyone else after trying to work with them.

What are you talking about, I can show you picture proof of my comments getting invi-sed because of something I said against Relic.
14 Dec 2017, 17:45 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

What are you talking about, I can show you picture proof of my comments getting invi-sed because of something I said against Relic.

Then you probably broke some other rules in your post, like being off topic or flaming.
14 Dec 2017, 19:28 PM

Permanently Banned
DBP:
ALLIES = superpower and 2easy to win!
AXIS = crap and 2easy to loose!

And what is the only faction that dont have caches?

Tip: the only chance to win is getting away enemy or wait for king tiger after spend fuel like arabia!
14 Dec 2017, 22:28 PM

The dbp is basically the modders own wet dream with some things jammed in there to get community consent.

Once it hit lives the rosey feelings will go away.

They are using expert opinions and the community's consent in the shape of voting. At the moment, both experts approve this patch AND there is an overwhelming amount of thumbs up on the workshop. You are free to go on streams asking players whether they think that the patch is a positive or negative thing, and they will all agree that it is mostly positive.

If you disagree with changes, vote against it. If you feel like you can do a better job, make your own balance mod and submit it.

You are delusional if you think that this mod would stand a chance without the approval of the playerbase. Just because people debate or disagree with a few chances in this vast patch, doesn't mean that people are against it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★