Login

russian armor

December Balance Preview

• This thread is locked
PAGES (85)down
19 Nov 2017, 18:33 PM

mines only get the vehicle stuck for a moment, they do not get its engine out of its way
1 you can satck them 2 RM will have vet 1 by the time luch hit the field you trowh a at granade abd use your choice of cal 50 zook at gun flack half truck stuart to kill it
19 Nov 2017, 18:40 PM

The Jackson gets 20% Reload too in Vet2, it used to get 50% reload at max vet and now it only gets 35%, I still think it's an improvement or around the same.
its just a 3-5% reduced reload at max vet compared to the old one but 1 you get it earlier and 2 you can actually survive till vet 3 and hey even buffed the ap round attack speed (or rather they fixed it) but still has 200 damage
i personally like all faction ( but fuck brits i just can't play sim city at least at launch they were op, but they played like a coh faction)so a buff to the usf is welcome but i fear this is gonna be a kick in the ball if not well managed , i mean if usf become 2 strong they are gonna either 1 nerf it to oblivion or 2 all play usf and game last 10 min (if you can find 1 at all)
19 Nov 2017, 20:15 PM

For the love of fucking god, why are morter pits not limited to one.

This patch completely misses the mark on so many issues.
19 Nov 2017, 20:41 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Do the new M7 mines trigger engine crit if it's below HP threshhold like fausts? Or is it always just a temporary disable?
19 Nov 2017, 20:44 PM

For the love of fucking god, why are morter pits not limited to one.

This patch completely misses the mark on so many issues.

Mortar Pits have being nerfed to near oblivion, considering what it is. Auto Fire range is only 5 more than a regular mortar, it's rate of fire garrison bonus is removed AND brace is down to 20 seconds. Any more nerfs and the mortar pit will never be built again.
19 Nov 2017, 21:13 PM

Mortar Pits have being nerfed to near oblivion, considering what it is. Auto Fire range is only 5 more than a regular mortar, it's rate of fire garrison bonus is removed AND brace is down to 20 seconds. Any more nerfs and the mortar pit will never be built again.

Good, i hope so. That shit is utter bs in any form. You come across to me as someone who is blind to the problem and perhaps favour brit camping.

All of the changes mean nothing if the player can build more than one, especially if they include bofors, and multiple at guns. The issue is, if the map is suitable and they can obtain critical mass then it is almost impossible to crack because you bleed out.

I just played some F***wit that build 3 pits and a bofors on his cutoff/muni point on langres. 3 pits on a map like that just annihilate any squad they have sight on. Obviously the secret is not to allow him to amass so many emplacements but if you lose units(fail an attack) when trying to knock out a pit or bofors then there is a window off opportunity(while i heal and reinforce) for the brit to build more emplacements.So next attack there is just more shit to deal with.

In hindsight, i should have followed an attack with a double morter barrage after Brace but even that is highly circumstantial and will only work if emplacements are low health and no counters ( like a bofors or other pits ) are present.

I can't really say if this is beatable as I quit in disgust but i do believe the brit player requires less effort because he can just camp and repair shit as well as having far more room for error.
19 Nov 2017, 21:20 PM

Good, i hope so. That shit is utter bs in any form. You come across to me as someone who is blind to the problem and perhaps favour brit camping.

All of the changes mean nothing if the player can build more than one, especially if they include bofors, and multiple at guns. The issue is, if the map is suitable and they can obtain critical mass then it is almost impossible to crack because you bleed out.

I just played some F***wit that build 3 pits and a bofors on his cutoff/muni point on langres. 3 pits on a map like that just annihilate any squad they have sight on. Obviously the secret is not to allow him to amass so many emplacements but if you lose units(fail an attack) when trying to knock out a pit or bofors then there is a window off opportunity(while i heal and reinforce) for the brit to build more emplacements.So next attack there is just more shit to deal with.

In hindsight, i should have followed an attack with a double morter barrage after Brace but even that is highly circumstantial and will only work if emplacements are low health and no counters ( like a bofors or other pits ) are present.

I can't really say if this is beatable as I quit in disgust but i do believe the brit player requires less effort because he can just camp and repair shit as well as having far more room for error.

A zeroing artillery a day, keep the cancer away ;)
19 Nov 2017, 21:21 PM

A zeroing artillery a day, keep the cancer aways ;)

Only if you get someone to drop flares.
19 Nov 2017, 21:45 PM

Do the new M7 mines trigger engine crit if it's below HP threshhold like fausts? Or is it always just a temporary disable?

If they are the same mines USF used to have doctrinally, if you stack 3 of them you get a regular mine effect, but it's just engine damage.
They got removed before for a reason and now they are back.
19 Nov 2017, 22:45 PM

its just a 3-5% reduced reload at max vet compared to the old one but 1 you get it earlier and 2 you can actually survive till vet 3 and hey even buffed the ap round attack speed (or rather they fixed it) but still has 200 damage
i personally like all faction ( but fuck brits i just can't play sim city at least at launch they were op, but they played like a coh faction)so a buff to the usf is welcome but i fear this is gonna be a kick in the ball if not well managed , i mean if usf become 2 strong they are gonna either 1 nerf it to oblivion or 2 all play usf and game last 10 min (if you can find 1 at all)

5% reduced reload?
Shell Rush will fix it!
19 Nov 2017, 23:05 PM

It'd be nice to just get a normal mortar as brits in aaddition to having the mortar pit. It would give a lot more flexibility to players like myself who play mobile and avoid emplacements/sim city building.

Speaking of which, love the commando regiment changes though. Not sure if it's the right place to discuss it, but I saw in the notes for it that the goal is to have more long-term sustainability of the commander, which I think making maybe either the smoke raid or assault an individual squad ability as opposed to global (so like sprint or fire up as opposed to for the motherland or valiant assault) and tweak them to fit that role (ofc), because a lot of times I wish I had something to use tactically but I either can't or am not willing to pop 90 muni for a global ability. I think that'd just help the commander be a little more versatile/usable IMO.
20 Nov 2017, 00:12 AM

The major issue with mortar pits isn't necessarily competitive balance (since competitively-minded players accept they can be annoying but only affect a certain portion of the map while consuming manpower/popcap for a static effect), but the psychological effects they tend to have on casual players. To a casual player, having a mortar pit double-tap wipe a full health squad is a severe case of the feel-bads, and that gets amplified into a "Brits are bullshit" mentality that turns people away from the faction.

Desyncing the two mortars would go a long way towards alleviating that grievance for casual players while not needing to nerf them even harder and thus keep them entirely out of competitive (or at least ranked) play.
20 Nov 2017, 04:08 AM

Well, mortar pits are very map dependent. On 1v1 maps, they're a minor nuisance. Buton 2v2 maps, like Crossing, a mortar pit + Bofors can be a very tough nut to crack, especially when they build the mortars behind the trees and put the bofors out front to cover the mortars.

It's beatable by ceding that side of map and playing for time until King Tiger, or any other combination of heavies since they've sunk all their manpower and fuel into emplacements.

What sucks is it makes for terrible gameplay. You will autowin against the bs as long as you don't get impatient and wait for your heavies, but it's so annoying sometimes I just quit vs it because it's so frustrating and stupid to play against. People with higher skill levels shouldn't have to spend 45-50 minutes to kill some emplacement spamming noob, but they do. That's what's wrong with it essentially. The Brit emplacement spammers aren't learning to play either because they're spending 50 minutes to lose games, so they won't learn as fast as they would getting roflstomped a bunch of times in 15 minute games.

I think the brace nerfs will help a lot though. Stukas ought to be the natural counter because of brace, but they simply aren't.
20 Nov 2017, 05:47 AM

Is there no chance of implementing the Pack-up Emplacement type deal from the Revamp mod? That would solve a lot of problems with emplacements for both sides, letting Brit players move or get rid of unneeded ones, and making them hyper vulnerable for possible surprise attacks.
20 Nov 2017, 08:29 AM

While we are nerfing the deadliness of Volks at higher Vets, perhaps we could look into their missing slots? They cannot pickup anything once they get their STGs. Unlike all other mainline infantry in the game.

Trouble is, they are absolutely worthless without the upgrade, so as it is its essentially "OKW mainline cant pickup dropped weapons, all others can", which is rather unfair.
20 Nov 2017, 08:41 AM

Right on the button, Cobalt! That's exactly my thoughts. The reason the Revamp type nerfs were acceptable in the revamp as opposed to the DBP is the ability to break down emplacements. A short ranged Mortar Pit on larger maps is crippling to a players ability to go on the offensive. You are forced to wait for your enemy to destroy your pits before you can build a more effective fighting force.

Of course, this isn't only true for "Sim-City" spammers. Take 4v4 Maps for example. If you are forced to play on your half of the map and need mortar support, you will build it to help drive the enemy off. But what happens if you do so and drive them out of your territory? Your Mortar Pit effectively becomes dead weight and you have to build another one closer to the front to maintain fire support, decreasing your Pop Cap further.

More advanced players don't like this limitation that forces them to keep playing defensively and waste pop cap. In order to free pop, you have to LET your enemy destroy your rear lines? Not every player wants to embrace that suicidal mentality. Hence, they stay on the defensive, whether they want to or not. Either that or they give up Mortar Pits entirely and try to steal on off the enemy.

Hence, the ability to pack-up your emplacements is essential for these nerfs to be acceptable for live play.
20 Nov 2017, 11:15 AM

5% reduced reload?
Shell Rush will fix it!

90% of all bulletins are fetish including this one.

Learn math in school well
20 Nov 2017, 12:37 PM

While we are nerfing the deadliness of Volks at higher Vets, perhaps we could look into their missing slots? They cannot pickup anything once they get their STGs. Unlike all other mainline infantry in the game.

Trouble is, they are absolutely worthless without the upgrade, so as it is its essentially "OKW mainline cant pickup dropped weapons, all others can", which is rather unfair.

They also can never drop and lose their STGs.
20 Nov 2017, 12:58 PM

They also can never drop and lose their STGs.

That no allied player will ever pick, as they are actually subpar, and amount to a bar/bren like dps increase only if 2 of th would be picked, which means 2 slots for a 60 muni worth upgrade, when they would rather get double bar, equivalent of 4 stg..
20 Nov 2017, 15:45 PM

That no allied player will ever pick, as they are actually subpar, and amount to a bar/bren like dps increase only if 2 of th would be picked, which means 2 slots for a 60 muni worth upgrade, when they would rather get double bar, equivalent of 4 stg..

What about Soviet Infantry that usually have slots to spare?
You trade potential of double upgrade that requires more cost for a safe upgrade that is good at all ranges and can never be lost unless the entire squad is wiped out.
Assymetrical Balance.
PAGES (85)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight