Login

russian armor

December Balance Preview

• This thread is locked
PAGES (85)down
18 Nov 2017, 00:24 AM

Tommies' and more Jackson's buffs? Is this for real?!!

Also, can I ask to clarify this
Tulips no longer cancels move commands upon stun when hit

Does this mean that Tulips cause no stun now? If so - please buff reload speed. It is the worst among TDs, even axis heavies.
18 Nov 2017, 00:28 AM

Demos were fine. Please don't change. Why take away one of the only early allied ways of destroying bad blobbers?

OKW sturmpio buffs are not needed, they are very powerful early game units, they don't need the build or reinforce time decreased. You're going to see 3-4/match now, and will be whined about once people realize how much field presence they can keep with sturmpios.

18 Nov 2017, 01:12 AM
Patrion 26

Demos were fine. Please don't change. Why take away one of the only early allied ways of destroying bad blobbers?

Absolutely. Rather than easily allowing a blobber to avoid the explosion by retreating, why not change the way it works, so that it never wipes squads, and instead takes model health first, and kills some models, as well as pinning the surviving models. Like a giant mine.

I'd rather see that compromise than a cheaper demo that is useless against blobbing. The vast amount of videos showing how incredibly useful demos are as a hard counter to blobs is a constant reminder of how essential they are for allied players in 3vs3 upwards.
18 Nov 2017, 01:16 AM
Patrion 26

Reducing slots for conscripts is stupid, conscripts don't have access to weapons racks, no access to DP / Shreck or other powerful weapons. Only the British can help the Soviets with weapons and only one Commander. In the doctrine of hunting tanks, they now have one PTRS? Stupid change

+1

In the mid and late game cons rely on obtaining better weapons (especially shreks) to help them become useful against increasingly powerful enemy units. Or as a deterrent to Axis players for being too reckless with shrek squads (a con squad with two shreks is the nearest the SU get to having a hard inf counter to late game armour).

The previous changes helped them scale and improved them a lot, only to then take a big step backwards by making them much weaker in the late game.
I really hope this change doesn't make it into the final patch. The other changes for cons are great, but this one is too excessive.
18 Nov 2017, 01:34 AM

more and more stupid changes.... i don't wanna see this patch going real never!
18 Nov 2017, 01:44 AM
Developer Relic Badge

+1

In the mid and late game cons rely on obtaining better weapons (especially shreks) to help them become useful against increasingly powerful enemy units. Or as a deterrent to Axis players for being too reckless with shrek squads (a con squad with two shreks is the nearest the SU get to having a hard inf counter to late game armour).

The previous changes helped them scale and improved them a lot, only to then take a big step backwards by making them much weaker in the late game.
I really hope this change doesn't make it into the final patch. The other changes for cons are great, but this one is too excessive.

PPsHes Conscripts take up no slot items, PTRS we can look at for the upcoming tank hunter revamp. And gaining slot weapons is something rare, let alone two. One of any axis weapon is generally strong in their hands. It's only in team games where the ability to double up weapons can affect cons.

Realistically, in the late game in DBP, Conscripts will hold their due to the boost in accuracy and if you're smart, fighting behind cover. Not because they've stolen double MG42s or have been decked out with British lend lease.

18 Nov 2017, 01:56 AM
Patrion 26

PPsHes Conscripts take up slot items, PTRS we can look at for the upcoming tank hunter revamp. And gaining slot weapons is something rare, let alone two. One of any axis weapon is generally strong in their hands. It's only in team games where the ability to double up weapons can affect cons.

Realistically, in the late game in DBP, Conscripts will hold their due to the boost in accuracy and if you're smart, fighting behind cover. Not because they've stolen double MG42s or have been decked out with British lend lease.

PPsH cons are commander specific, so that isn't a valid argument. You are basically saying if you want useful late game cons you'll always need to use specific commanders.

Having accurate rifles is great, but not if you are facing panthers or a tiger. The ability to pick up whatever AT weapons you can find means cons are viable against mid and late game armour. And provide the SU with some much needed AT inf in the late game.

The idea that more accurate bolt action rifles (low dps regardless of accuracy) makes up for not being able to have two shreks, or two lmgs, etc, doesn't sound at all convincing.
18 Nov 2017, 02:56 AM

Demos were not fine because they equally punish blobers and non blobbers alike.

Plus they encouraged blobbing around a single minesweeper.
18 Nov 2017, 03:25 AM

unbelievable that still nerfing allies and buffing germans.
18 Nov 2017, 04:14 AM

M36 playstyle have been change play like M10 until good performance long range like SU-85 (compare Su-85 same penetration but su-85 fire faster about 0.4-0.6 sec no windup wind down time )

This mean should give more speed ?
18 Nov 2017, 04:41 AM
Patrion 26

Demo Charges
* Can no longer be planted on territory points
* Fuse timer change reverted
* Demo charges are now revealed by all units within 7m.

I feel like just removing the ability to plant them on points would be enough to fix demos.
That way they can't be used to wipe capping squads, but are still useful as a hard counter to blobs.

Are there any plans to make an official commander revamp thread for feedback? I think the changes to the 'Royal Engineer Regiment' commander are fantastic. It's A LOT better now and well worth using. Great job!
18 Nov 2017, 05:07 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Surprised no cromwell and comet buffs to scatter. Those units can't hit infantry for their lives since their nerf.
18 Nov 2017, 07:32 AM

1.4 looks great; pretty much every necessary brit change I could think of is in there. Only change I would disagree on is the buff to the Bren; double bren vet 3 tommies are incredibly powerful, even vs. Vet 5 OKW upgraded stuff.

Surprised no cromwell and comet buffs to scatter. Those units can't hit infantry for their lives since their nerf.

Rather not go back the comet being incredibly good vs. everything while surviving more than a Tiger... and not being doc-locked... or limited to 1 on the field.

18 Nov 2017, 07:42 AM

PPsHes Conscripts take up no slot items, PTRS we can look at for the upcoming tank hunter revamp. And gaining slot weapons is something rare, let alone two. One of any axis weapon is generally strong in their hands. It's only in team games where the ability to double up weapons can affect cons.

The same can be said about the Panthers Fusiliers, they have three G43 and two slots for weapons, and these guys are very powerful, but no one runs nerf their.
18 Nov 2017, 09:06 AM

The thing is that the commander is not 5 individual abilities; it's a collection of them. Live-version commander has 0 synergy between the units.

If you can't see a synergy forming around the 4 new non-stand-fast abilities, I don't think I can help you :O

Remove stand fast, the ability will never be useful, maybe only to cheese with emplacements.

I suggest to replace it with engineer flamethrower.

This will

a) give UKF option to chose different commander in urban maps (faction diversity)
b) fits well into the doctrine - engineer theme
c) gives UKF more commanders with core faction tools
d) give evidence UKF ultimate urban commander (like OKW feuersturm)
e) gives UKF another viable 1v1 doctrine

What do you think ?

18 Nov 2017, 09:20 AM

The thing is that the commander is not 5 individual abilities; it's a collection of them. Live-version commander has 0 synergy between the units.

If you can't see a synergy forming around the 4 new non-stand-fast abilities, I don't think I can help you :O

Synergy is a great thing but I feel like in this commander it's all about one unit - vehicle. And if you don't want to change your AEC or Cromwell into CV, then then whole doctrine look rather weak. WOuld be better if AVRE wasn't nefred.
18 Nov 2017, 09:57 AM

Why nerfing AVRE so much? It was already really tricky to use.

Clicking twice is tricky for you?
18 Nov 2017, 11:28 AM

The same can be said about the Panthers Fusiliers, they have three G43 and two slots for weapons, and these guys are very powerful, but no one runs nerf their.

Long Range DPS > Close range DPS

And if you bothered reading PFs are getting nerfed
18 Nov 2017, 12:00 PM

Permanently Banned

So fussi can get gevers43 and pick up droppen weapons in 2 slot ?
18 Nov 2017, 12:30 PM

What's the point of a demo charge now? can someone explain?
PAGES (85)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS