Login

russian armor

Haven't played a long time, need advice

27 Oct 2017, 07:48 AM

Hello fellow CoH2 players and pros. I haven't played the game for too long, maybe more than a year (busy with work and conscription service and all). Now I wanna get back and play a bit but I have no idea what the hell is going on. Watched a few streams, but felt like asking you guys a few questions.

So, I wanna know about the new meta(s) in 1s and 2s (I have all the factions). Also "factions strength" (No balance debates here, just tell me which factions are less demanding and a bit noob friendly right now).
Also, I think there were some major mechanics overhauls (OKW teching for one), if you mention a few I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance.
28 Oct 2017, 13:13 PM

Soviets and OKW are the most noobfriendly factions currently

SOV - 3 penals + clown car into dushka spam into t70 into su76 into lend lease sherman spam

https://www.coh2.org/news/61212/gcs-round-of-sixteen look for The new soviet meta part of the announcement :)

OKW - kubel + 4 volks into fast luchs into puma into commando panther

This is the basic meta, you can experiment a bit with different commanders like feuersturm (OKW)or reserve army (SOV). Basically the meta is call ins.

UKF is very good with Mobile assault regiment

USF is all about the armor company - lieuhtenant + m20 into captain + stuart into m10 spam.

OST is suicide faction :D
28 Oct 2017, 16:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2017, 07:48 AMRMMLz
Hello fellow CoH2 players and pros. I haven't played the game for too long, maybe more than a year (busy with work and conscription service and all). Now I wanna get back and play a bit but I have no idea what the hell is going on. Watched a few streams, but felt like asking you guys a few questions.

So, I wanna know about the new meta(s) in 1s and 2s (I have all the factions). Also "factions strength" (No balance debates here, just tell me which factions are less demanding and a bit noob friendly right now).
Also, I think there were some major mechanics overhauls (OKW teching for one), if you mention a few I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah I'd say OKW is the place to start to shake off the rust. Your t0 has everything you need for the entire game.

Tech at your choice and leisure. Most people go for the Luchs because it can come out very early. (Think CoH1 American m8 rushes. Except OKW isn't really having to choose between BARs and other such decisions.) Since volks have garrison and cover denial grenades and StG upgrades that actually improves their long range performance over their rifles, you can utilize them for everything except for lategame tank killing.

The only think you need to worry about as OKW are lategame tanks, which fortunately USF and Soviets more or less lack entirely without the correct doctrine choices. Plus you got non-doc KT going for you.

That said, in 2v2s if there's a UKF player you might actually have to react to your opponent's strategy. :D In 1v1s UKF is much easier to overwhelm before the lategame as OKW due to the unnaturally strong early and mid game they enjoy.
28 Oct 2017, 17:03 PM

Thanks Hector, I appreciate your comment specially because of the useful links you have provided, I will definitely give them a look.

The meta is kind of stale as you describe it then, too bad.

Also, shame about Ost. I have always loved Ostheer because of the whole combined arms thing, but I think it is too demanding for an average player who haven't played in a long time. But if you wanted to suggest a build order, what would you suggest? I always struggled with map control while playing Ost, what is the situation with Pioneers and Flamers? Have they been changed significantly?
28 Oct 2017, 17:05 PM

So it is Volks spam as usual for OKW, this time with StGs. I didn't know StG also improves their long range DPS! Good to know, and non doc KT sounds good, less reliant on Commanders I guess and a bit stale though.

How have they changed Kuble? The way I see it it is just for harassment and capturing cut off points and the DPS is abysmal. What you think?
28 Oct 2017, 17:20 PM

That's exactly what it is for. After the initial few engagements it's great to hold onto to back cap as you use your volks to push, rather than split your army up to cap. Kind of like the PE kettengrad from CoH1.

And well, nub friendly and stale are more or less the same thing. ;)
28 Oct 2017, 17:24 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2017, 17:05 PMRMMLz

How have they changed Kuble? The way I see it it is just for harassment and capturing cut off points and the DPS is abysmal. What you think?

The DPS of kubel is actually very good for such a cheap and early unit. It works best in combination with sturmpios who can repair it. Kubel is fast so if you also have infantry nearby you can always flank enemy cover position with the kubel increasing the dps of your forces greatly. Some top players even spam kubels and it is considered abuse by some players. One additional thing to note is that you can use kubel not only to cap and flank but also to push enemy infantry out of cover with the vehicle itself. It is especially effective when closing in with sturmpios at the same time but mind that some players consider that as unfair advantage.

As for ostheer, I don't think you should care about that faction being considered UP. You can use them with great sucess in automatch, where your opponents are always around your elo. Just don't use them in tournaments and you will be fine. As for strategies, sniper is still absolutely OP. Stug and pak40 are still amazing. And don't forget about flame ht in urban maps or against simcity. Pretty much the old stuff works fine as this is the faction that changed the least. I find myself pretty well in sniper into grenspam build recently.
29 Oct 2017, 08:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2017, 17:03 PMRMMLz

Thanks Hector, I appreciate your comment specially because of the useful links you have provided, I will definitely give them a look.

Well, all those links are to my content. Who should advertise my guides if not me :D ?

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2017, 17:03 PMRMMLz

Also, shame about Ost. I have always loved Ostheer because of the whole combined arms thing, but I think it is too demanding for an average player who haven't played in a long time. But if you wanted to suggest a build order, what would you suggest? I always struggled with map control while playing Ost, what is the situation with Pioneers and Flamers? Have they been changed significantly?

https://www.coh2.org/guides/33520/mobile-defence-guide - good guide for 1v1, written by Theo

https://www.coh2.org/guides/29278/mechanised-assault-guide - this one is more for teamgames, but still it is a good guide

Current Ostheer meta is all about using Mg/Sniper early on because grens are owned hard. Then it is all about countering allied cheese.

My ussuall OST Build is Sniper + 3 grens (or 3 grens + mg if the map is not good for sniper) into fast 222 into pak and single panzergrenadiers.

If I have a fuel lead I put pressure on my enemy with Panzer 4 otherwise (the more common option) I wait for Tiger and then creep forward with my army, 2 paks and Tiger. Best doctrine is Lightning war because of all abilities it gives you.

G43s for more agressive play,
Recoup losses for more squads = more capping
Tiger = self-explainable
Stuka Close Air Support- best ability in the doctrine, turns the area into no go zone for tanks (or they can die :D)

You can build whatever what you want in the mid game or lategame if it counters enemy composition or lets you to take advantage. Alsways fight with plan and creep forward once you win decisive engangement. Teller works fine too - against light tanks or medium spam ;)
30 Oct 2017, 19:24 PM

Well, all those links are to my content. Who should advertise my guides if not me :D ?

Makes sense =))) still, thank you.

https://www.coh2.org/guides/33520/mobile-defence-guide - good guide for 1v1, written by Theo

https://www.coh2.org/guides/29278/mechanised-assault-guide - this one is more for teamgames, but still it is a good guide

Current Ostheer meta is all about using Mg/Sniper early on because grens are owned hard. Then it is all about countering allied cheese.

I was always horrible at countering cheese, and I become super salty. Not gonna play Ost I guess...

My ussuall OST Build is Sniper + 3 grens (or 3 grens + mg if the map is not good for sniper) into fast 222 into pak and single panzergrenadiers.

PGs for flanking and AI or with Schreks?

If I have a fuel lead I put pressure on my enemy with Panzer 4 otherwise (the more common option) I wait for Tiger and then creep forward with my army, 2 paks and Tiger. Best doctrine is Lightning war because of all abilities it gives you.

Do you have to tier up for Tiger? I remember something about that. Also, is Tiger AI/AT right now?

G43s for more agressive play,
Recoup losses for more squads = more capping
Tiger = self-explainable
Stuka Close Air Support- best ability in the doctrine, turns the area into no go zone for tanks (or they can die :D)

Lightning War was always a good commander.

You can build whatever what you want in the mid game or lategame if it counters enemy composition or lets you to take advantage. Alsways fight with plan and creep forward once you win decisive engangement. Teller works fine too - against light tanks or medium spam ;)

Thanks a lot, further question in the quote. Btw, I played one game and totally sucked at microing even 1 single unit... I was never a good player, average 700 to 500 ranking, not that good but not that bad either. but man I feel old.
30 Oct 2017, 19:27 PM

The DPS of kubel is actually very good for such a cheap and early unit. It works best in combination with sturmpios who can repair it. Kubel is fast so if you also have infantry nearby you can always flank enemy cover position with the kubel increasing the dps of your forces greatly. Some top players even spam kubels and it is considered abuse by some players. One additional thing to note is that you can use kubel not only to cap and flank but also to push enemy infantry out of cover with the vehicle itself. It is especially effective when closing in with sturmpios at the same time but mind that some players consider that as unfair advantage.

As for ostheer, I don't think you should care about that faction being considered UP. You can use them with great sucess in automatch, where your opponents are always around your elo. Just don't use them in tournaments and you will be fine. As for strategies, sniper is still absolutely OP. Stug and pak40 are still amazing. And don't forget about flame ht in urban maps or against simcity. Pretty much the old stuff works fine as this is the faction that changed the least. I find myself pretty well in sniper into grenspam build recently.

I mostly have problem with 2 things. Enemy vehicle rush and cheese. Also I cant guess what the enemy is doing, because you should always guess how many units the enemy has, map awareness, stuff like that.

How is Kubles damage against enemy sniper, specially Sov? Are there any Acc modifiers?
30 Oct 2017, 19:27 PM

And well, nub friendly and stale are more or less the same thing. ;)

Right!
30 Oct 2017, 20:22 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2017, 19:27 PMRMMLz

I mostly have problem with 2 things. Enemy vehicle rush and cheese. Also I cant guess what the enemy is doing, because you should always guess how many units the enemy has, map awareness, stuff like that.

How is Kubles damage against enemy sniper, specially Sov? Are there any Acc modifiers?

Sadly, I don't remember exact values, but you are right that kubel has increased dps against snipers and ability to detect them. Still, its not exactly sniper hunting unit like 222. Its not durable enough for that role and its damage is much smaller on the move than when stationary. Still, if you manage to get sniper in your cone of fire while your kubel is stationary, the damage should be significant.

If we are talking 1v1s, then you can use enemy decision to go sniper to your advantage and outcap your opponent. Kubel is very useful in that as it can quickly capture points behind while your volks hold the frontline. If you do this right you should be able to get more territory than your opponent and be able to rush luchs very early on. This tank is the right tool to kill any amount of snipers and generally your best friend in 1v1. Remember to use sturmpio medical crates in base to heal your troops as you are not going to have medics.
30 Oct 2017, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2017, 19:24 PMRMMLz

Thanks a lot, further question in the quote. Btw, I played one game and totally sucked at microing even 1 single unit... I was never a good player, average 700 to 500 ranking, not that good but not that bad either. but man I feel old.

Pgrens for AI - to nuke some weapon teams with bundle nade, to stay at long range and protect HMG from flanking squads. Their long range DPS is as good as LMG Grens. No point to close in them. Just keep them at mid-long range and enjoy the carnage :D

Tiger is still very good tanks, both AI and AT, its like a buffed p4 :D

No, it wasnt nerfed, FBP never made it through.
30 Oct 2017, 20:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2017, 17:05 PMRMMLz

Kubel is kind of hard to use vs. Sov since Tier 1 Penal meta is so pervasive that more often than not a scout car is going to rape it pretty fast. Double Kubels is actually pretty brutal vs. USF since they have no natural counters until they get Vet 1 and if Riflemen try to shoot it out with Kubels they do so much HP damage that more often than not you're forced to go Early Ambulance or have early engagements with half-health squads. As long as your micro is good and you don't throw them away they are usually worth it versus USF since you win either way.

Against Brits Kubels can be good for harassing cut off points since they usually have less capping power early on. You can also cheese it up and use Kubels to push Infantry Sections around out of cover while you close in with your other squads.
2 Nov 2017, 07:16 AM

Thanks for the tips, I will use it against USF and UKF then. Although my micro (and micro) suck at the moment.

Any tips for Sov sniper?
2 Nov 2017, 07:18 AM

Pgrens for AI - to nuke some weapon teams with bundle nade, to stay at long range and protect HMG from flanking squads. Their long range DPS is as good as LMG Grens. No point to close in them. Just keep them at mid-long range and enjoy the carnage :D

Tiger is still very good tanks, both AI and AT, its like a buffed p4 :D

No, it wasnt nerfed, FBP never made it through.

Wow, so they perform pretty well, also the tiger. Good to know. Thanks mate.
2 Nov 2017, 07:20 AM

Thanks for the tips man, this "Sniper detection" is new to me! I will look up the stats, it appears to be very useful. Also luchs and Sturmpio medical boxes which I always forget about.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 47
Germany 36

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment