Login

russian armor

M36 Jackson double tap

4 Oct 2017, 00:08 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/179512142

Demonstration of the M36 Jackson double tap.

To use: Activate HVAP and fire through the ability without stopping. Final HVAP should go out just before ability ends. Once ability ends, jackson should reload very quickly and shoot a standard shot in quick succession if there is a valid target.

WARNING: If you begin the HVAP ability to quickly after a standard shot goes out it will shift the shot cycle off slightly, making it so the final HVAP WILL NOT BE SHOT and fires a blank instead.

Edit: It seems the same can be done with the M10 Wolverine, however since it has a better rate of fire it won't be perfectly timed with the ability for a double tap at the end of it.
4 Oct 2017, 05:27 AM

I think not many players are aware of this, so GJ ;)

Don't you know if one can do something similar with brumbaar bunker buster ability or kigtigers spearhead ?
4 Oct 2017, 11:07 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/179512142

Demonstration of the M36 Jackson double tap.

To use: Activate HVAP and fire through the ability without stopping. Final HVAP should go out just before ability ends. Once ability ends, jackson should reload very quickly and shoot a standard shot in quick succession if there is a valid target.

WARNING: If you begin the HVAP ability to quickly after a standard shot goes out it will shift the shot cycle off slightly, making it so the final HVAP WILL NOT BE SHOT and fires a blank instead.

?

I don't see it in your short video.

I see you press 1 time the HVAP and they shoot slowly. When the HVAP is done, 1 normal attack comes very fast after it.

But for me it looks like it is normal and you don't double tab?

This has nothing to do like the JT or the pershing. Because there you first shot normal and then use an ability!

Or am I wrong and i don't see your thing^^
4 Oct 2017, 11:08 AM

Isn't anyone more shocked that first two hvap rounds didn't pen and normal did ?
4 Oct 2017, 12:27 PM

?

I don't see it in your short video.

I see you press 1 time the HVAP and they shoot slowly. When the HVAP is done, 1 normal attack comes very fast after it.

But for me it looks like it is normal and you don't double tab?

This has nothing to do like the JT or the pershing. Because there you first shot normal and then use an ability!

Or am I wrong and i don't see your thing^^

The end of the ability allows for an HVAP to be fired followed by a standard. That's what I'm talking about. Significantly more difficult to pull off since it cannot be done on command like the pershing, but still might come in handy.
4 Oct 2017, 12:39 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

The end of the ability allows for an HVAP to be fired followed by a standard. That's what I'm talking about. Significantly more difficult to pull off since it cannot be done on command like the pershing, but still might come in handy.

Did you tried the other side?

Shot first and then acitivate the ability^^

It takes ages^^
4 Oct 2017, 12:43 PM

Did you tried the other side?

Shot first and then acitivate the ability^^

It takes ages^^

Yes I did try that, It actually is faster than shooting 2 standards in succession by about 2 seconds. Dropping the reload from ~8 seconds to ~6 if done fast enough. However as I mentioned above, although this will put out the 2nd round ~2 seconds faster, the final HVAP if shooting consistantly through the ability will be a blank.
4 Oct 2017, 13:46 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Isn't anyone more shocked that first two hvap rounds didn't pen and normal did ?

You are speaking out my thoughts haha :P
4 Oct 2017, 15:30 PM

You are speaking out my thoughts haha :P

:D
4 Oct 2017, 16:26 PM

It´s called the probability. Sometimes even unexpected events must appear in order to keep up with the chance and percentual statistic ;)
4 Oct 2017, 18:04 PM

This has nothing to real gameplay situations. So its has no effect on gameplay.

I see in this video
Aim time for HVAP 4 sec.
Reload time 8 sec.

Both of those parameters make M36 suck.
4 Oct 2017, 18:29 PM

It´s called the probability. Sometimes even unexpected events must appear in order to keep up with the chance and percentual statistic ;)

Yep i know statistics and how penetration works, you just don't expect such nonsense rng XDXDXD
4 Oct 2017, 18:31 PM

This has nothing to real gameplay situations. So its has no effect on gameplay.

I see in this video
Aim time for HVAP 4 sec.
Reload time 8 sec.

Both of those parameters make M36 suck.

8 seconds is the standard reload time of jackson for even normal shells, it's due to the high damage output (200) per shot.

Same for firefly.
4 Oct 2017, 19:19 PM

idk what u trining to tell me.

M36 suck itself but USF has no other TD.

I lisen carfully when some ppl saying wise things.

I don't wanna waste time additional 4 second in battle. Would i have 200 garanteed damage? - video says - double no.

So I prefer to have a hit after 8 sec of reload than rely upon RNG.

PS Rate of Fire - wins - look at the Stug
4 Oct 2017, 22:57 PM

Aaand cue the inevitable degradation into a balance discussion.

On topic: I have noticed this bug before, which has gotten me some pretty randomly fast kills on tanks I was chasing, but it's always confused the heck out of me till this thread. I guess it's kinda useful/abusable.
4 Oct 2017, 22:59 PM

I guess it's kinda useful/abusable.

Its useless/unusable
4 Oct 2017, 23:01 PM

Its useless/unusable

How is an extra shot with a couple seconds slashed off its load time at the end of an ability useless?
4 Oct 2017, 23:03 PM

How is an extra shot with a couple seconds slashed off its load time at the end of an ability useless?

it gives you 12 sec reload.
4 Oct 2017, 23:10 PM

it gives you 12 sec reload.

Yeah but that's for the first round. You can use it preemptively on the offensive, and that's separate from the bug. Personally, I rarely use the ability because of that 12 second reload, but that doesn't mean that the separate effect of the bug in OP is useless.
4 Oct 2017, 23:12 PM

Yeah but that's for the first round.
So it make ur unit worse

You can use it preemptively on the offensive
It gives you 4 sec aim time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %