Login

russian armor

The awesomeness of using multiple bazookas

2 Oct 2017, 07:27 AM

Before I jump into this topic, I know many out there points out that bazookas lack penetration and too expensive etc., I understand that and honestly, they are correct - 50 munitions for one lack-of-penetration stuff is too expensive, multiple AT nades might be better to be honest.

However, in my recent games, I have developed a habit of double equipping my Captain and RE with bazookas. Their performance is impressive - I usually get a 900% efficiency off Captain and 400% off RE. They are not so good at killing KTs or Panthers - too thick armor and too quick for the latter, but they are perfect to scare off the enemy. For example, there was a P2 rushing my inf and I immediately shifted my Captain and later my RE. I don't think my opponent realise the situation he is in, and tries to engage both. Needless to say, after bazooka showering for 20 seconds, his vet 2 P2 is heading off to an early grave.

I agree that such use is expensive: however for myself, I don't use LT that often unless my fuel is dire, and I usually have multiple munitions points before I start double equipping. They are most satisfactory to watch too - using nothing but infantry to melt a Panzer is quite an awesome sight, especially in the heat of the battle where your opponent has too much to manage, and he can do nothing but watch his Panzer die.
2 Oct 2017, 10:00 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Generally a single Bazooka is not enough anti-tank firepower. In my opinion, dual-equipping is probably more of a necessity than an option.

However, there is a problem with dual-equipping too early, which could cause you to lose anti-infantry firepower by either robbing your squads of anti-infantry firepower (Captain squad) or using up munitions which could have been invested in BARs.
2 Oct 2017, 12:29 PM

Generally a single Bazooka is not enough anti-tank firepower. In my opinion, dual-equipping is probably more of a necessity than an option.

However, there is a problem with dual-equipping too early, which could cause you to lose anti-infantry firepower by either robbing your squads of anti-infantry firepower (Captain squad) or using up munitions which could have been invested in BARs.

I agree. For me, I usually build 4 rifleman squad, three double-equipped with BAR, and one BAR+zook for some diversity and handiness. Managing 4 rifleman is hard, but it is rewarding. The only thing to watch out is MG, as a largely soft force composition can be suppressed easily, but as long as the timing of the squads are different, it is still possible to flank.

I also find that double equipping zooks are more deady because you can't tell a squad has one or two zooks until you were shot at, which is sometimes useful for that last shot to kill Panzers.

REs are perfect for double equipping because they lack any sort of firepower anyways. I don't normally equip zooks on rifleman unless i am really low on fuel and cannot get the captain out (which I do in the earliest possible instance, also to vet him up considerably)
2 Oct 2017, 16:05 PM

I agree. For me, I usually build 4 rifleman squad, three double-equipped with BAR, and one BAR+zook for some diversity and handiness. Managing 4 rifleman is hard, but it is rewarding. The only thing to watch out is MG, as a largely soft force composition can be suppressed easily, but as long as the timing of the squads are different, it is still possible to flank.

I also find that double equipping zooks are more deady because you can't tell a squad has one or two zooks until you were shot at, which is sometimes useful for that last shot to kill Panzers.

REs are perfect for double equipping because they lack any sort of firepower anyways. I don't normally equip zooks on rifleman unless i am really low on fuel and cannot get the captain out (which I do in the earliest possible instance, also to vet him up considerably)

Zooks deal deflection damage, so even if they bounce they inflict damage. For this reason all axis armor has to be, or be accompanied by, extensive anti-infantry firepower. They can actually be a deterrent to a panther pushing because a panther, lacking anti-infantry capabilities, can't effectively beat an RE squad with zooks without support.

This doesn't work against KTs, which are exceptional against infantry.
3 Oct 2017, 05:14 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Ever since that latest USF guide came out about a dual RE start (it's been 6-12 months) all of my 1v1 starts are double RE.

I stick zooks on both of those REs eventually and go to town. It's a great deterrent to the Luchs.

My favourite build is RE Rifle Rifle LT AAHT Capt.

When I've been pressuring the fuel it works well because the luchs is slower. It also works well when I get muni because, to play it safe, I often get weapon racks before the AAHT and get 2 zooks. With that build I have soft counters to the Luchs (2x zooks, AAHT 37mm gun, vet 1 rifle) and usually do well.
I can only think of one game where this went horribly wrong and lost in eight minutes on Angoville.
But uh, yeah, 4x zooks together is pretty effective at pushing away light vehicles and will keep medium armor at bay when supported by an AT gun. I often keep the REs with a rifle and so if a P4 or some other nazi tank comes rolling around i'll just AT nade it to force it off as the zooks shoot at it and get me some good vet.

Captain is really good with double BARs (plus Thompson SMG) so I try not to zook up the captain unless I lose an RE or I need AT desperately.
7 Oct 2017, 21:13 PM

5 rifle w LMG and zook into Captain is good too
10 Oct 2017, 08:22 AM

Dosen't the captain have a tommy gun like the lieutenant? In that case wouldn't it be better to reserve zooks solely for RE as they are crap anti-infantry anyways, and then turn the Captain into a solid anti-infantry units.

It might just be a personal preference, but I really don't like turning my squads into Jack-of-all-trades-but-ace-of-none units.
10 Oct 2017, 09:40 AM

Hypothetical double M15, double mortar, double zooks on all inf> Sherman build seems micro intensive but plausible
10 Oct 2017, 09:57 AM

Double Bazooka on M20 crew is nice as well. Imagine the surprise when charging Luchs/222 realises into what it was baited :D
10 Oct 2017, 11:17 AM

I like the comparison KT and Pz2. Its the same tanks.
10 Oct 2017, 11:18 AM

Double Bazooka on M20 crew is nice as well. Imagine the surprise when charging Luchs/222 realises into what it was baited :D

ya
Imagine killed M20 in any case

I better imagine 1 well place mine
10 Oct 2017, 17:02 PM

Dosen't the captain have a tommy gun like the lieutenant? In that case wouldn't it be better to reserve zooks solely for RE as they are crap anti-infantry anyways, and then turn the Captain into a solid anti-infantry units.

He does, but his squad has 2 RE models in it, unlike the LT who just has 4 RMs and then himself. And if you give him double zooks and get him to vet 3 then the passive sprint out of combat makes him really useful as an AT squad.

REs are still great for zooks though, but if you end up going captain then I would still keep him as a zook squad. I feel zook REs are more a part of LT play since better to use the muni on bars for your riflemen if you can just get an AT gun from your Cpt tier.

11 Oct 2017, 09:12 AM

He does, but his squad has 2 RE models in it, unlike the LT who just has 4 RMs and then himself. And if you give him double zooks and get him to vet 3 then the passive sprint out of combat makes him really useful as an AT squad.

REs are still great for zooks though, but if you end up going captain then I would still keep him as a zook squad. I feel zook REs are more a part of LT play since better to use the muni on bars for your riflemen if you can just get an AT gun from your Cpt tier.

Interesting! I only just recently started playing with USF so my knowledge of them (as well as skill compared to the other factions) is still somewhat limited.

I will take this into consideration in my games to come :)
11 Oct 2017, 09:25 AM

Interesting! I only just recently started playing with USF so my knowledge of them (as well as skill compared to the other factions) is still somewhat limited.

These 3 Guides may help you a lot then ;)

https://www.coh2.org/guides/59348/usf-combined-arms-keep-what-you-can-secure

https://www.coh2.org/guides/47115/armor-company

https://www.coh2.org/guides/44135/devm-s-usf-without-tears
11 Oct 2017, 11:41 AM

i think zooks are perfectly balanced. they're not made to kill heavy tanks, they're made to fight light to meduim tanks. but not higher. if you would give them more damage whatever you want, you want more blobs with zooks or you want zooks to be OP, wich will ofcourse lead in zook blobs... but many do it anyways so wtf am i talking about. putting zooks on rifleman is in my opinion (imo) a waste of a rifle squad. i would put them on re's and re's only, unless you have a great reason to put them on anything else(maybe rangers :P)? btw there was one guy saying a KING TIGER(kt) is same as a luchs(pz2)? that isn't true...
12 Oct 2017, 02:07 AM

Can't say enough how fun the sprinting double zook squad is. Makes long flanks to get behind a tank take seconds.
12 Oct 2017, 09:49 AM

all officers are poor investment as Zook squad.

Reason: If the targets can fight back (Pz4, KT, Brumbar) you gonna bleed hard. Coz you have to constantly check reinforce cost. If first model to reinforce is officer you may lose up to 200 PESO to reiforce. (50 for all 4)

Better have 1 (one) AT gun or Jackson and support it with 1 (one RE with zooks)

I don't understand how sprint may help you Coz the ability works till first shot.
12 Oct 2017, 10:50 AM

all officers are poor investment as Zook squad.

Reason: If the targets can fight back (Pz4, KT, Brumbar) you gonna bleed hard. Coz you have to constantly check reinforce cost. If first model to reinforce is officer you may lose up to 200 PESO to reiforce. (50 for all 4)

Better have 1 (one) AT gun or Jackson and support it with 1 (one RE with zooks)

I don't understand how sprint may help you Coz the ability works till first shot.

+1
12 Oct 2017, 20:30 PM

I still wish REs went back to 20mp per model, with the Bazooka bug, they are more of a soft/support AT option than ever.
12 Oct 2017, 22:52 PM

I still wish REs went back to 20mp per model, with the Bazooka bug, they are more of a soft/support AT option than ever.

I used to think that too but then they'd be OP as shit with bars or lmg/bar combo.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★