Infiltration nuke

19 Aug 2017, 01:52 AM

They have the best healing in game...

and the best AT gun...

OST have the best AT gun...
19 Aug 2017, 02:30 AM

and the best AT gun...

It's largely subjective. Sure they can heal in the field by themselves while not in combat unlike other Allied factions. However Volks do so for free at Vet 3 whereas IS pay 30 muni each.

Plus you don't have any non-doctrinal way to heal any of your other units so when retreating units or anything like that your IS has to retreat with them, or walk over to wounded squads to patch them up.

Also best AT gun is subjective too. Ost Pak40 beats any other ATG soundly in penetration and insane Vet 1 ability, Brit ATG falls behind in raw stats, I think beating it only in accuracy. However other ATGs have their own selling points like USF having awesome range and arc especially with the vet ability, or Raks being able camo A-move creep around and retreat if needed.

Mortar Pit is a valid complaint and is being adjusted in FBP. But if Brits are so OP then just go play them all the time and enjoy your 100% winrate I guess.
20 Aug 2017, 05:23 AM

It's largely subjective. Sure they can heal in the field by themselves while not in combat unlike other Allied factions. However Volks do so for free at Vet 3 whereas IS pay 30 muni each.

Plus you don't have any non-doctrinal way to heal any of your other units so when retreating units or anything like that your IS has to retreat with them, or walk over to wounded squads to patch them up.

Also best AT gun is subjective too. Ost Pak40 beats any other ATG soundly in penetration and insane Vet 1 ability, Brit ATG falls behind in raw stats, I think beating it only in accuracy. However other ATGs have their own selling points like USF having awesome range and arc especially with the vet ability, or Raks being able camo A-move creep around and retreat if needed.

Mortar Pit is a valid complaint and is being adjusted in FBP. But if Brits are so OP then just go play them all the time and enjoy your 100% winrate I guess.

People keep forgetting about the Soviet OP AT gun that can act as an artillery piece

))))))))))))

:crazy:

Please do note the sarcasm.
Vaz
20 Aug 2017, 05:49 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing a timer on the actual unit as well. Like when your order them to spawn from a building there is a few seconds delay either before they come out or before you have control of them.Players pretty much get teleported troops and it's not very good for skilled play. There isn't really a way to protect yourself from it or predict it. You can just avoid buildings.
20 Aug 2017, 06:10 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2017, 05:49 AMVaz
I wouldn't mind seeing a timer on the actual unit as well. Like when your order them to spawn from a building there is a few seconds delay either before they come out or before you have control of them.Players pretty much get teleported troops and it's not very good for skilled play. There isn't really a way to protect yourself from it or predict it. You can just avoid buildings.

You can prevent infiltration units by keeping the house garrisoned. Admittedly not the most reliable way of countering something since it requires map/garrison control, but the counterplay is there in some form. It may be hard to do, but it punishes the enemy heavily since when you deny the instant spawn, the enemy is put severely on the back foot (miscalculates the engagement because he expected to have a unit that isnt actually there) and has spent manpower on an inefficient unit. And its subjective, but id disagree and say that its very obvious when an enemy will pop infiltration units (whenever a weapon team is alone near a building, when a low health squad is retreating, when youre running up to a garrison in the middle of a firefight with another unit).
20 Aug 2017, 06:17 AM

People keep forgetting about the Soviet OP AT gun that can act as an artillery piece

))))))))))))

:crazy:

Please do note the sarcasm.

I mean people probably would actually use it as an arty piece if it wasn't 60 fracking munitions. That's crazy for a relatively weak and inaccurate barrage that also exposes your AT gun.
20 Aug 2017, 07:05 AM

I mean people probably would actually use it as an arty piece if it wasn't 60 fracking munitions. That's crazy for a relatively weak and inaccurate barrage that also exposes your AT gun.

Well, Manpower only unit that can barrage is insanely spammable in team games, I think thats why the ammo cost is there.
20 Aug 2017, 07:26 AM

Well, Manpower only unit that can barrage is insanely spammable in team games, I think thats why the ammo cost is there.

I'd just like to point out that it doesn't cost the leig 60 muni to frontally pen my shermans kappa. Although, back when t2 strats were actually viable, you would end up sitting on like 500 muni from just using maxims and cons lol.
20 Aug 2017, 17:19 PM

There's plenty of manpower only units that can barrage, I don't see the problem. If you spam ZiS you will for sure be easily punished by a decent opponent. And like I said the barrage range isn't amazing so you are exposing your gun to a lot of danger. It's not like a Rak where you can just retreat when pudding hits the fan, if you're in the middle of barraging and some OKW infantry roll up there's not much you can do to prevent decrew.
20 Aug 2017, 18:14 PM

I'd just like to point out that it doesn't cost the leig 60 muni to frontally pen my shermans kappa. Although, back when t2 strats were actually viable, you would end up sitting on like 500 muni from just using maxims and cons lol.

A UKF mortar pit penetrated my Panzer IV.
20 Aug 2017, 22:23 PM

A UKF mortar pit penetrated my Panzer IV.

My sherman bounced something once. Weird shit happens. I also saw an ele round bounce once too (I forget what on). But leigs consistently penetrate pretty much any allied vehicle up to advanced mediums for some reason. Same thing with pack howies but not at 100 range on autofire.
21 Aug 2017, 00:18 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

My sherman bounced something once. Weird shit happens. I also saw an ele round bounce once too (I forget what on). But leigs consistently penetrate pretty much any allied vehicle up to advanced mediums for some reason. Same thing with pack howies but not at 100 range on autofire.

Fairly certain the only thing the elephant can bounce on is the IS-2 at max range.
21 Aug 2017, 11:47 AM

and the best AT gun...

I would change a QF-6 with a PaK40 everyday to be honest.
Also I dislike the Brit healing the most because it means that my healing squad needs to be near my other units all the time in order to heal and I need extra micro.
21 Aug 2017, 12:02 PM

i prefer the m1 Gun from USF...this AT shot like a maschinegun with a huge accurracy and wide range
Vaz
21 Aug 2017, 16:01 PM

but shoots tennis balls
22 Aug 2017, 00:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2017, 16:01 PMVaz
but shoots tennis balls

Lol just ignore him. Everyone knows the usf at gun has trouble penetrating tanks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 25
Germany 536

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment