Login

russian armor

Infiltration nuke

17 Aug 2017, 07:27 AM

Just out of curiosity why is this still a thing? Why is it possible to insta spawn behind a line and throw heavy nades and snares?
17 Aug 2017, 07:50 AM

Just out of curiosity why is this still a thing? Why is it possible to insta spawn behind a line and throw heavy nades and snares?

Which unit has that?

Isn't it only Fallschrim that can snare + bundled nade?
17 Aug 2017, 08:04 AM

Which unit has that?

Isn't it only Fallschrim that can snare + bundled nade?

Jagger Light Infantry

I think he is talking about grenade assault
17 Aug 2017, 08:33 AM

My saltiness was spawned from storm troopers actually, but falls have a bundled nade as well, and partisans have nades,molitovs amd snares (depending on type) jeagers iirc are on a cooldown are they not?
17 Aug 2017, 08:37 AM

Only Jaeger have volley nade on cooldown. Why all pop out cheesy troops ability not coldown like them I wonder . JUSTSCOPE
17 Aug 2017, 08:38 AM

My saltiness was spawned from storm troopers actually, but falls have a bundled nade as well, and partisans have nades,molitovs amd snares (depending on type) jeagers iirc are on a cooldown are they not?

Stormtroopers have no snare, and clearly you havent been hit by light gammon nuke yet.
17 Aug 2017, 08:47 AM

"light" gammon at 35 muni, 120 damage (infantry has 80 hp) spawns from a building and on a squad with camo.
Brits in all it's glory.

Bundle nade is the same, but costs 45 muni, and only storms have camo.
17 Aug 2017, 08:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2017, 08:47 AMzarok47
"light" gammon at 35 muni, 120 damage (infantry has 80 hp) spawns from a building and on a squad with camo.
Brits in all it's glory.

Bundle nade is the same, but costs 45 muni, and only storms have camo.

I thinkthe LGB has an hilarious fuse time too. just make every ability from house spawned units go on cooldown first..
17 Aug 2017, 08:55 AM

I thinkthe LGB has an hilarious fuse time too. just make every ability from house spawned units go on cooldown first..

Oh yes i forget, the "light" Gammon bomb has a fuse time of 0.8 seconds (great when you know the average human reaction time is 1 second)

Bundle nade has 1.2 seconds fuse time.

Because brits...
17 Aug 2017, 09:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2017, 08:55 AMzarok47

Oh yes i forget, the "light" Gammon bomb has a fuse time of 0.8 seconds (great when you know the average human reaction time is 1 second)

Bundle nade has 1.2 seconds fuse time.

Because brits...

The average reaction time for humans is 0.25 seconds to a visual stimulus, 0.17 for an audio stimulus, and 0.15 seconds for a touch stimulus.
17 Aug 2017, 09:57 AM

The average reaction time for humans is 0.25 seconds to a visual stimulus, 0.17 for an audio stimulus, and 0.15 seconds for a touch stimulus.

You can react to an ingame event and execute the right order in 0.25secs?

Even if that is true, take into account the ping of the opponent and yours and Input delay and you will see the fuse time is way to short, and we dont even speak about the fact they come flying out of stealth which means You need to watch the LGB'd squad right before it gets naded (which you cant know because stealth)
17 Aug 2017, 10:29 AM

Plus you have to include the time for the model to move out of the AOE.
17 Aug 2017, 11:31 AM

i find both partisans more annoying then the commandos
17 Aug 2017, 11:32 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

You can react to an ingame event and execute the right order in 0.25secs?

Even if that is true, take into account the ping of the opponent and yours and Input delay and you will see the fuse time is way to short, and we dont even speak about the fact they come flying out of stealth which means You need to watch the LGB'd squad right before it gets naded (which you cant know because stealth)

Except that you can tell when an enemy is going to put out an infiltration unit and throw a grenade. You should always be watching a unit thats in a situation where an enemy squad will throw a grenade or where a unit is near a building and is prone to getting wiped by an infiltration unit. I understand that to some extent its an issue with infiltration units, but to another extent, its a l2p issue that can be heaviliy mitigated (and heavily used your advantage since you just got the enemy to call in an overpriced unit and waste munitions on an ineffective grenade) and be heavily swayed towards your advantage.

Edit: that said, i think infiltration units would stil be in a much healthier spot if they spawned in with grenades on cooldown and had a lower callin cost to compensate to make them less "cheesy."
17 Aug 2017, 11:52 AM

Except that you can tell when an enemy is going to put out an infiltration unit and throw a grenade. You should always be watching a unit thats in a situation where an enemy squad will throw a grenade or where a unit is near a building and is prone to getting wiped by an infiltration unit. I understand that to some extent its an issue with infiltration units, but to another extent, its a l2p issue that can be heaviliy mitigated (and heavily used your advantage since you just got the enemy to call in an overpriced unit and waste munitions on an ineffective grenade) and be heavily swayed towards your advantage.

Edit: that said, i think infiltration units would stil be in a much healthier spot if they spawned in with grenades on cooldown and had a lower callin cost to compensate to make them less "cheesy."

So after calling the commando in it will die? Because as far as i know players will use them on stealth mode behind your lines and ambush your support weapons. And NO i cant watch my support weapons 24/7 just incase a commando is nearby
17 Aug 2017, 12:16 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

So after calling the commando in it will die? Because as far as i know players will use them on stealth mode behind your lines and ambush your support weapons. And NO i cant watch my support weapons 24/7 just incase a commando is nearby

Right, you shouldnt position your support weapons next to garrisons to begin with when you know your opponent is using a commander with infiltration units. In the case that you have no indicator what commander your opponent is using up to this point, then you take the support weapon wipe on the chin, then enjoy the fact that your opponent chose a suboptimal commander (since most of the commanders that infiltration units arent that good commanders overall). Also, commandos having stealth from vet 0 is besides the point of this post since its just about infiltration units being able to spawn instantly from buildings and use grenades/snares.
17 Aug 2017, 12:36 PM

door mines solve a lot of these problems, except sometimes on garrison heavy maps its hard t mine every front and back door. As sovs I sometimes stick a demo next to the mine to make sure they all die
17 Aug 2017, 12:36 PM

Right, you shouldnt position your support weapons next to garrisons to begin with when you know your opponent is using a commander with infiltration units. In the case that you have no indicator what commander your opponent is using up to this point, then you take the support weapon wipe on the chin, then enjoy the fact that your opponent chose a suboptimal commander (since most of the commanders that infiltration units arent that good commanders overall). Also, commandos having stealth from vet 0 is besides the point of this post since its just about infiltration units being able to spawn instantly from buildings and use grenades/snares.

Go figure out which commander that is and how common it gets picked. Would be nice to see your playercard because it seems you lack really basic knowledge
17 Aug 2017, 12:38 PM

Go figure out which commander that is and how common it gets picked. Would be nice to see your playercard because it seems you lack really basic knowledge

mobile ass-hurt regiment
17 Aug 2017, 13:21 PM

I wish to see a video or replay of you reacting in 0.25 seconds to a mando coming out of a house/cloak and throwing a grenade at your squad.

Not possible.

Right, you shouldnt position your support weapons next to garrisons to begin with when you know your opponent is using a commander with infiltration units.

a. Blaming the victim
b. Good luck on semoisky/kholodny/any other garrison infested map
c. Camo very much matters because it makes the commando's even worse, since you can't even burn down all the garrisons to be safe from them...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★