Login

russian armor

FBP Update v1.2

PAGES (8)down
24 Aug 2017, 00:58 AM

If it weren't for the balance team's unofficial mod, I would already be clearing space on my SSD.
24 Aug 2017, 03:11 AM

It's terrible news !!!!

Relic !!!! tell us at least why ?

Maybe we can help ?

If it's a corporate decision, that the worst one i've even seen !!!!

Still a big thanks to all modders !!!
24 Aug 2017, 10:58 AM

Unfortunately I was afraid this might happen. Ami did warn us this had strong potential to be the outcome.

On a brighter side, the game is not perfect right now, but it is in much better shape thanks to all the work the community did to address a number of issues. Just a shame a number of units feel halfway finished now.
24 Aug 2017, 13:47 PM

This really sucks. It's a big let down, I thought the community and Relic kinda met halfway : Relic doesn't have to invest as much in making patches, and the players get a more balanced game with features they want or at least where feedback contributes to this general goal... I feel really bad for the FBP modders.
24 Aug 2017, 17:31 PM

The majority of players are secretly happy OKW and Ostheer will still shine in team game.
24 Aug 2017, 19:27 PM

This community rekt itself. No need to blame Relic who just provided the game in the first place.

#Teamkill

GG, wads
24 Aug 2017, 21:20 PM

Let's see what will happen ... still thinking positive :-)
25 Aug 2017, 02:45 AM
Donator 11

I still think the community can pick pack up with the available in game match browser and if we create our own Community patch. Again finding a game might be tough and automatch would be pre-patch but at least we can still make some changes.
25 Aug 2017, 04:20 AM
Patrion 26

Just when the community were finally getting the game into a decent state.

Would it really be that hard for them to implement 1.2 as a patch right now? Assuming there were no bugs added it would still be a big improvement.
25 Aug 2017, 06:15 AM

New material? No.
Okay, maybe polish or remake the existing material? No.
Sadly, the dead game.
25 Aug 2017, 06:19 AM

Just when the community were finally getting the game into a decent state.

Would it really be that hard for them to implement 1.2 as a patch right now? Assuming there were no bugs added it would still be a big improvement.

The saddest part is that it woulnd take them much effort to balance the game. Its as if they intentionally are trying to derail the game.
25 Aug 2017, 08:15 AM

That's the point. I think CoH2 consists of a lot of spaghetti code which will bring up bugs even if you do some "safe" changes.
A new patch brings risks of some major functionality issues that need hotfixes which will take up manpower ressources from Relic.
They currently have no spare colleagues because everyone is working on AoE IV.
25 Aug 2017, 11:16 AM
Patrion 14

what strikes me the most is that this is "an unforeseen event".

Who in their right mind "forgets" to plan a resource shift of this magnitude?

It's not like the Relic/Microsoft deal was done overnight...

I feel like they either forgot to give the FBP guys a deadline or someone completely ignore the fact that Relic still needed some resources available to work on whatever had to be done for CoH2's FBP.

Smells like a cock-up to me.
25 Aug 2017, 11:49 AM
Benefactor 115

How dare you accuse Relic of cocking up. They are the paragon of competency in the videi game industry.
25 Aug 2017, 14:07 PM
Patrion 26

This is incredibly grim news. As someone who has been playing COH2 since the beta, I've been incredibly happy to see that in the last few months a lot of really good - community driven - changes/improvements have been added to the game.

I understand that the engine code is incredibly unstable. But once Relic stop supporting the game that's it. We're left with whatever state it is in.

So for the sake of honouring their '5 year plan' model. It would be nice if they could at least finish this patch and then dedicate any remaining time to addressing map issues/balance, and any other bugs they might be able to remove from the game.

At the very least it would be great if Relic made a statement to the community. To confirm if they will still be releasing their own patches, and if so what we can expect them to address with them.

On the plus side it means the demo+mine super trap lives on, but we'll probably never see a decent Jackson.
And we're doomed to forever have a lot of useless/totally underwhelming commanders.
25 Aug 2017, 17:30 PM

Are we really truly shocked by this? Kappa :romeoMug:
25 Aug 2017, 18:30 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

That's the point. I think CoH2 consists of a lot of spaghetti code which will bring up bugs even if you do some "safe" changes.
A new patch brings risks of some major functionality issues that need hotfixes which will take up manpower ressources from Relic.
They currently have no spare colleagues because everyone is working on AoE IV.

Probably correct, but it ignores the fact that people - many people - have paid for DLC to keep this game going. I am not alone when recalling COH1 players who offered cash to keep COH1 patched. Here, it is different: the playerbase has been paying all along.

If the Devs want loyalty, they have to reciprocate when $ are in play.
25 Aug 2017, 19:50 PM

Probably correct, but it ignores the fact that people - many people - have paid for DLC to keep this game going. I am not alone when recalling COH1 players who offered cash to keep COH1 patched. Here, it is different: the playerbase has been paying all along.

I agree here I bought all the DLCs (although I prefer to play for the Soviets), several commanders and Skins, I supported Relic. What happened? No new material or balance and redesign.
25 Aug 2017, 21:49 PM

Not surprised. Not to discount the work put in by the FBP team but with the amount of changes proposed there was sure to be other hiccups (which is normal with any large change). I don't think there was one single reason to squash FBP - lack of manpower, additional workload coupled with Microsoft contracting Relic for AOE4 probably all contributed in someway to killing FBP. Timing is pretty poor but I think we all knew this day was coming sooner or later.

I do hope Relic creates a nice working relationship with Microsoft, makes some money and reinvests it into COH3.
26 Aug 2017, 01:07 AM
Patrion 26

I completely agree. The community have been supporting Relic for years via DLC purchases and especially skin purchases. Not to mention providing and improving maps for them. Which frankly is a major part of the game and something you'd usually expect the actual company to do themselves (it was especially insulting when they released them with known bugs that hadn't been removed when added to the game).

I know the '5 year plan' wasn't exactly a contract, but it still feels a bit insulting and short sighted to stop now. When we have a decent patch virtually ready to be added.
It wouldn't make the game perfect, but it would improve a lot of units, and most importantly make 4vs4 less of a blobfest due to changes to FHQs.

It would have been great (and shown respect to the community) if when making their announcement, they had confirmed if they will be producing any more patches for the game. If not then this is a really grim way to end support for the game, and one they will probably become infamous for.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS