Login

russian armor

P-47 Rocket Strike

2 Aug 2017, 18:52 PM

What do you guys think about the ability of the Airborne company P-47 Rocket Strike?
Overpowered? Balanced? Underpower? Useless? Situational?
What would it take to get balanced?

My opinion: The rockets strafes seem to miss a lot, even at stationary targets, the price seems too expensive too but they come in the right CP. They are a little under power comparing to others airplane strafes like the Wehr "Stuka Close air support" and the Brit "Strafing Support" in my opinion.
A way to balance would be to just decreases the price, should be good enough.
2 Aug 2017, 19:09 PM

Too costly for an RNG Coin flip, sometimes the P47s crit damage or obliterate their targets, sometimes they fail to do much and get shot down before another pass, it needs some buffs but not much... We don't need them to be like the busted Stuka AT strafe, but they are definitile underpowered for their 240 munitions cost, a buff to accuracy and cost reduction would be ideal.
Making it so Airborne has the constant threat of sudden AT Support from the Air, due to being the "Air Superiority" Commander of USF, cost to like 200 with a buff would be totally fair.
2 Aug 2017, 19:20 PM

this ability is super garbage.... i hate how much it misses... and the fact that axis has anti air on structures, and every tank it gets shot down to easy... to expensive... to little damage for its bogus accuracy. and when the tanks run out of its circle it should at least attack inf
2 Aug 2017, 20:08 PM

IMO, bump the accuracy, make it a strafe rather than a loiter and cut the price.
2 Aug 2017, 20:25 PM

IMO, bump the accuracy, make it a strafe rather than a loiter and cut the price.

That's what I think too. The rockets just need to be closer together as anything smaller than the broadside of a KT will usually just sit in the center of the rockets and not take any damage. Probably 100-120 muni would be a good price for it as a strafe IF it was able to reliably hit targets.
2 Aug 2017, 20:25 PM

The whole commander does not work. I would fix paratroopers and pathfinders cps first. However, they would have to push back their weapon upgrades to a later cp to keep them balanced. Also, Weapon team need to be cheaper and come earlier too. You can't skip captain because the at gun comes to late. The p47's are the only late game at this commander offers, so it better be dam good.
2 Aug 2017, 20:50 PM

sometimes its good, sometimes dont do sh*t. But doesn't this one not need vision as in you dont need to scout your target unlike the axis equivalent (forgot what its called)
2 Aug 2017, 21:41 PM

The whole commander does not work. I would fix paratroopers and pathfinders cps first. However, they would have to push back their weapon upgrades to a later cp to keep them balanced. Also, Weapon team need to be cheaper and come earlier too. You can't skip captain because the at gun comes to late. The p47's are the only late game at this commander offers, so it better be dam good.

True that.
sometimes its good, sometimes dont do sh*t. But doesn't this one not need vision as in you dont need to scout your target unlike the axis equivalent (forgot what its called)

It doesn't need vision but that doesn't really make up for the inconsistency, which is due to the fact that the rockets are spaced very far apart, far enough that the tank will usually just sit in between them and take 0 damage. Half of them are over/under shot as well, unlike the JU-87 37mm loiter.
2 Aug 2017, 21:56 PM

the ju87 either decimates tanks or does absolutely nothing without vision. if p47 is buffed to the ju87 levels it will need to lose its self spotting, it cant have the best of both worlds
2 Aug 2017, 22:01 PM

Its just fine really. Situational of course, it is by no means overpowered, but can be very useful in lategame engagements.
2 Aug 2017, 22:12 PM

the ju87 either decimates tanks or does absolutely nothing without vision. if p47 is buffed to the ju87 levels it will need to lose its self spotting, it cant have the best of both worlds

Of course.
2 Aug 2017, 22:12 PM

JU87 etc have 100% accuracy, which means the shots will always hit, regardless of an obstacle.

Rocket-attack airplane have 0% accuracy which means that rockets will have their travel time & intermediate obstacles to work. Basically the best way to fix the ability is do the same thing Mirage did for the revamp mod; just make the rockets cluster together so that they, at least, don't miss immobile shit.
2 Aug 2017, 22:16 PM

JU87 etc have 100% accuracy, which means the shots will always hit, regardless of an obstacle.

Rocket-attack airplane have 0% accuracy which means that rockets will have their travel time & intermediate obstacles to work. Basically the best way to fix the ability is do the same thing Mirage did for the revamp mod; just make the rockets cluster together so that they, at least, don't miss immobile shit.

No cost reduction?
Maybe if JU87s get nerfed, it won't look so bad in comparison, they can be very powerful IF both rockets hit.
2 Aug 2017, 23:07 PM

Hi Smith.
Did you see if it really helps? Doesn't feel better than Stuka even with rockets cluster together. It has to justify 240 ammunitions. (Just curious, I love this ability, but it feel so lackluster)

Which is the correct stats of the P47 rockets here in this site, the "p47_rockets" or the "pm_p47_rockets_left/right"?
http://www.stat.coh2.hu/weaponlist.php

"p47_rockets"
"pm_p47_rockets_left/right"?
3 Aug 2017, 00:07 AM

Seems like No one knows what targets they should be used vs

THis ability is only for teamgames.

So first of all u need Line of sight to a target.

Secondly P47 NEVER miss vs next list of targets and always pentrate (with 0 frendly fire)So you gonna get Guarateed hit at:

Jagdtiger

KingTiger

Elefant

Tiger

SturmTIger

They may miss vs Panther and Brumbar Coz of their speed. So If u hit target and was abile to snare it. You can get 480 HP damage (according to MirageFla) per first pass (2 planes) and same amount for the second pass.

Which will kill any Heavy if you combine it with your 2 tank attack.

P47 always miss vs mediums and all light vehicals due to their ingame size (P4s, jpz4, Ostwind, Stug and so on. P47 hit mediums in case they groupped together only.

Even in that case Price is high could go down to 200 ammo.
3 Aug 2017, 00:22 AM

Seems like No one knows what targets they should be used vs

THis ability is only for teamgames.

So first of all u need Line of sight to a target.

Secondly P47 NEVER miss vs next list of targets and always pentrate (with 0 frendly fire)So you gonna get Guarateed hit at:

Jagdtiger

KingTiger

Elefant

Tiger

SturmTIger

They may miss vs Panther and Brumbar Coz of their speed. So If u hit target and was abile to snare it. You can get 480 HP damage (according to MirageFla) per first pass (2 planes) and same amount for the second pass.

Which will kill any Heavy if you combine it with your 2 tank attack.

P47 always miss vs mediums and all light vehicals due to their ingame size (P4s, jpz4, Ostwind, Stug and so on. P47 hit mediums in case they groupped together only.

Even in that case Price is high could go down to 200 ammo.

Yeah well if the p47 decides to attack the front or back of the tank all rockets will miss most of the time. They will even miss the sides if the target is moving sometimes. You also don't need line of sight. Have you ever used the ability recently? It's really hit or miss (literally). I have had rare times where it does hit the target and that's great, but it's like expecting PPSHs to wipe a guy who's already 30m away.
3 Aug 2017, 00:54 AM

Yeah well if the p47 decides to attack the front or back of the tank all rockets will miss most of the time. They will even miss the sides if the target is moving sometimes. You also don't need line of sight. Have you ever used the ability recently? It's really hit or miss (literally). I have had rare times where it does hit the target and that's great, but it's like expecting PPSHs to wipe a guy who's already 30m away.

I don't give a damn what u think or say

Coz I killed so many Jagds and KT so i can't even count them Some times not even lose a single sherman
3 Aug 2017, 00:57 AM

Sometimes I killed 2 jagdtiger in a row from same player..So he rage quit
3 Aug 2017, 00:59 AM

People still using airborne these days? lulz hat off to them
3 Aug 2017, 01:18 AM

I don't give a damn what u think or say

Coz I killed so many Jagds and KT so i can't even count them Some times not even lose a single sherman

If you don't give a damn what he thinks, he shouldn't give a damn to what you think, stop being a jerk.

True is, P47 miss too much, and if I'm correct (waiting for the response of Smith) rockets doesn't always even penetrates.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 15
South Africa 1
Germany 820
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %