russian armor

FBP V1.1 UPDATE

PAGES (9)down
26 Jul 2017, 20:48 PM
Senior Editor Badge

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/comment/270537#Comment_270537

V1.1 Update
26 Jul 2017, 20:52 PM

Call me when they implement Planet Smasher's artillery pit into the game, I'll be in my trench until then.
26 Jul 2017, 23:04 PM

So... Ostwind might actually become useful... nice.
26 Jul 2017, 23:14 PM

Permanently Banned
Again maxim nerf :clap:
Good news taht cons are not in scope, coz i feel thay are next in the nerf list.
Buff for ele price OpieOP.
27 Jul 2017, 01:00 AM

jackson back again with its 60 range whilst still keeping most of its buffs?!! you got to be kidding me. lel stug got nerfed, but did the panther get buffed?!! lool
27 Jul 2017, 01:53 AM

is this patch live or is this more of that useless preview garbage?
27 Jul 2017, 02:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2017, 01:00 AMAlphrum
jackson back again with its 60 range whilst still keeping most of its buffs?!! you got to be kidding me. lel stug got nerfed, but did the panther get buffed?!! lool

I keep saying Jackson is OP, but get dismissed as a Fanboy...

On another note basically now the Jaghtiger can be raped by 2 flanking t34, right?
If the stun is changed to vehicle not able to move, it's more or less GG....

I will test this today sometime.
27 Jul 2017, 02:43 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2017, 01:00 AMAlphrum
jackson back again with its 60 range whilst still keeping most of its buffs?

It's also has much less accuracy at long-range and even worse penetration when firing at range 60. It needs to close to be effective against heavier vehicles and can't snipe mediums as easily.
27 Jul 2017, 05:01 AM

It's also has much less accuracy at long-range and even worse penetration when firing at range 60. It needs to close to be effective against heavier vehicles and can't snipe mediums as easily.

Personally, I feel this design choice suits USF much better, USF got Bazookas blobs and ATGs to handle lights and mediums.
27 Jul 2017, 08:58 AM

Personally, I feel this design choice suits USF much better, USF got Bazookas blobs and ATGs to handle lights and mediums.

The problem is that there should be no bazooka blobs or any blobs in the game for a matter of fact, they exist because of bad design and balance choices by Relic.

As far as ATGs go, everybody has them, the USF just got stuck with a shittier ATG, while the Brits have the best out of the Allies, and the Soviets have a dual purpose one, while the OKW is stuck with the shittiest and buggiest of all of them.
27 Jul 2017, 12:16 PM

We are seeing a resurgence of Maxim spam

I just wonder how far the nerfs could go if we all gonna install FBP and do nothing but spam maxims all days long.
The StuG G is receiving a penetration reduction to make the unit less potent against heavier vehicles

Can somebody who's competent enough compare this new stug with su-76? Because, you see, nobody's talking about how suchka's spam is effective vs heavies...After all, what else you can rely to as Wehr in terms of TDs? Ferdi? LUL
27 Jul 2017, 12:18 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2017, 12:16 PMHater

I just wonder how far the nerfs could go if we all gonna install FBP and do nothing but spam maxims all days long.

Can somebody who's competent enough compare this new stug with su-76? Because, you see, nobody's talking about how suchka's spam is effective vs heavies...After all, what else you can rely to as Wehr in terms of TDs? Ferdi? LUL

I like my Pak40 with stunshot or my panzergrens with 2 shrecks :)
27 Jul 2017, 12:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2017, 12:16 PMHater

The Stug will still be more efficient vs heavies than the SU76. The Stug is also considerably more cost-efficient vs medium armour too, due to the pathetic accuracy of SU76, and the fact that SU76's turret is completely fixed.

We can't fix the SU76 penetration at this point because:
- The SU76 would have to receive accuracy buffs, which would hurt OST even more without T4 buffs
- King Tiger and is out of scope, if you can believe that

On the other hand, we can touch the Stug freely because every single allied vehicle with considerable armour is in scope. If there's a particular allied heavy that causes particular trouble to OST, we can simply adjust the heavy and be done with it.
27 Jul 2017, 13:08 PM

The Stug will still be more efficient vs heavies than the SU76. The Stug is also considerably more cost-efficient vs medium armour too, due to the pathetic accuracy of SU76, and the fact that SU76's turret is completely fixed.

We can't fix the SU76 penetration at this point because:
- The SU76 would have to receive accuracy buffs, which would hurt OST even more without T4 buffs
- King Tiger and is out of scope, if you can believe that

On the other hand, we can touch the Stug freely because every single allied vehicle with considerable armour is in scope. If there's a particular allied heavy that causes particular trouble to OST, we can simply adjust the heavy and be done with it.

Regarding Stug G , in my oppinion its frontal armor is so low (never seen a bullet bouncing). I still remember Stug from Coh1 and I liked it.

Maybe, reduce its power penetration on mid-long, increase fuel cost to 100-110 and increase the frontal armor (180-200 armor) to give that tank the intended role (counter to medium armor).

If i'm not wrong, T34_76 armor is 150 and Stug G is 140.
27 Jul 2017, 13:22 PM

And with the current speed of the Jackson and health buffs it'll never die. Goodbye ostheer tanks :(
27 Jul 2017, 13:23 PM

i seen mostly only buffs for allies and nerfs for axis units.

self spoting jagdpz4? When did u last time played SU-85?

firefly now deals much more dmg to infantery with tulips? i thought its a antoi armor unit? Why in the hell get all allie unit a anti everything performanche?

and now 3 fireflys destroy all units on field, while jagdpanzer has no turrent, no tulips alpha dmg, can´t deal vs infantery...can only sneak around (which was nerfed hard)

looks good.
27 Jul 2017, 13:25 PM

Regarding Stug G , in my oppinion its frontal armor is so low (never seen a bullet bouncing). I still remember Stug from Coh1 and I liked it.

Maybe, reduce its power penetration on mid-long, increase fuel cost to 100-110 and increase the frontal armor (180-200 armor) to give that tank the intended role (counter to medium armor).

If i'm not wrong, T34_76 armor is 150 and Stug G is 140.

Stug is already situational enough. By making it more expensive we would be limiting its flexiblity. A cheap Stug might work well enough side-by-side with a cheap Ostwind. We haven't tested that, so we have to see it for ourselves, first.

T34 has 160 armour; stug-G has 140 armour at vet0 and 180 armour at Vet2. Allied medium tank penetration is between 100(far) and 120-130(near).

Stugs don't really win frontal engagements due to armour; they win these engagements due to overwhelming rate of fire and good accuracy. Giving extra armour to Stugs without lowering their rate of fire might make them OP vs mediums.

Lowering the rate of fire of the Stug means that OST will no longer have a reliable vehicle-based counter to enemy tank destroyers (which don't really care about how much armour the Stug has).

We could trade some additional penetration at far for some armour at front, but that will have knock-on effects on way more units than we can currently control inside the scope.
27 Jul 2017, 13:42 PM

And with the current speed of the Jackson and health buffs it'll never die. Goodbye ostheer tanks :(

Pls dont say like that Jackson now is garbage especially in teamgame mode just let them buff it im pretty sure wermaht can handle it
27 Jul 2017, 13:43 PM

Stug is already situational enough. By making it more expensive we would be limiting its flexiblity. A cheap Stug might work well enough side-by-side with a cheap Ostwind. We haven't tested that, so we have to see it for ourselves, first.

T34 has 160 armour; stug-G has 140 armour at vet0 and 180 armour at Vet2. Allied medium tank penetration is between 100(far) and 120-130(near).

Stugs don't really win frontal engagements due to armour; they win these engagements due to overwhelming rate of fire and good accuracy. Giving extra armour to Stugs without lowering their rate of fire might make them OP vs mediums.

Lowering the rate of fire of the Stug means that OST will no longer have a reliable vehicle-based counter to enemy tank destroyers (which don't really care about how much armour the Stug has).

We could trade some additional penetration at far for some armour at front, but that will have knock-on effects on way more units than we can currently control inside the scope.

wb a slight range buff? because i think right now its at 50?
27 Jul 2017, 13:45 PM

how inaccurate are we talking? can you be more specific for example chance of hitting a panther at max range.. etc...
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 28
unknown 8
France 0
New Zealand 23

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L