Login

russian armor

Fall Balance Preview

PAGES (17)down
18 Jul 2017, 18:04 PM
Patrion 14

You people can't be serious. Relic actually introduces the things we asked for (allowing community members to have some control over balance chances) and now you are bashing Kyle for it. Get real....

yeah let's go back to bashing AE
18 Jul 2017, 18:11 PM
Donator 11

In my opinion if you want to nerf penal you have to up conscript in the same patch to compensate.

Without a viable main core infantry i'm afraid that soviet are going to be a dead faction.

The nerfs are quite slight and maxim got a buff plus axis recieved a sprinkling of nerfs - Soviets will probably be fine
18 Jul 2017, 18:15 PM

No adjustments to the Panther while the Stug remains the same. Ostheer will still have to rely on T3 spam to surfive. Topkek.
18 Jul 2017, 18:36 PM

yeah let's go back to bashing AE

I already apologized to him personally. It seems you can't let go of anything either. You resemble your country's diversity it seems.
18 Jul 2017, 18:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2017, 16:44 PMKyle_RE

Please, teach us. Grace us with your knowledge.

I have one for you: How about making the game more fair by normalising teching structures, so that certain factions don't get fucked by your team's refusal to put balance over the asymmetrical bullshit we had to endure for all those years?

And I have another one for you: How about normalising repair speeds across the factions, in order to make tank play from all factions more enjoyable?

Well, I guess actually taking players seriously is out of the scope. Which is not surprising, considering Relic's idea of community management over the past four years. Doesn't mean it isn't disappointing though, because Relic used to communicate on eye-level with its players in the distant past. Oh well, it ain't my selling figures that continue to drop with each and every release...
18 Jul 2017, 18:39 PM

No adjustments to the Panther while the Stug remains the same. Ostheer will still have to rely on T3 spam to surfive. Topkek.

That is probably the best that could have happened, imagine a nerf to the StuG without anything else. Oh well, since we all don't have the clarity of vision Relic has, I guess we can never know the true glorious masterplan they have for this game...
18 Jul 2017, 18:43 PM

That is probably the best that could have happened, imagine a nerf to the StuG without anything else. Oh well, since we all don't have the clarity of vision Relic has, I guess we can never know the true glorious masterplan they have for this game...
A nerf to the StuG would have killed Ostheer from the game. However not buffing the Panther keeps T4 out of the game.
18 Jul 2017, 18:43 PM

This is great news!!!!! Big kuddos for all the mod team !!!!

And thanks Relics for listening to the community and giving us this new patch !!!!

****Now, if Relic would add the option to launch a mod focus testing match to the automatch launching screen that would help a lot !!!!! *****
18 Jul 2017, 18:45 PM

A nerf to the StuG would have killed Ostheer from the game. However not buffing the Panther keeps T4 out of the game.

Exactly, and Ostheer is already not that great. So all things considered, I'd rather have them not change anything about the StuG and the Panther, instead of nerfing only the StuG (because let's be real, Relic won't do a thing about the Panther, the problem with Ostheer Tier IV has existed for years and they didn't give a shit, why would they start now)...
18 Jul 2017, 18:46 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Buff P4 please :(
18 Jul 2017, 18:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2017, 17:31 PMKyle_RE

And thanks Relics for listening to the community and giving us this new patch !!!!

****Now, if Relic would add the option to launch a mod focus testing match to the automatch launching screen that would help a lot !!!!! *****

Hey Kyle make this happen. Its generally hard to find 8 players (4v4) to play a custom patch match. This will faster whole proccess considerably, provided that you can implement thisin first change
18 Jul 2017, 18:49 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

"OKW Battlegroup unable to reinforce if cut-off from friendly territory."

why this limitation is for OKW only ? this limitation should apply on British and UKF too

It does already in automatch. Pls play first all 5 faction and then come back :rofl::rofl:
18 Jul 2017, 18:50 PM

Link to official forums: https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/244194/fall-balance-preview-changelog

put the download link in please: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1079044359&searchtext=FALL+BALANCE+PREVIEW
18 Jul 2017, 18:57 PM

I thought OKW was the only that could reinforce when cutoff?

i dont have UKF dlc and i just seen replays, they have this limitation already ?

This ignorant fool never played UKF so he obviously doesn't know about that. (btw Ostheer bunker can also still reinforce)

close your mouth kooni, next time i don't follow rules of the forum.
18 Jul 2017, 18:58 PM

which is good, because the idea of airburst shells on a direct-fire weapon system, especially a tank destroyer, is ridiculous. they didn't exist in ww2 and they still don't today (the XM29 or whatever the hell it was being the one exception).

Actually you are completely mistaken.

The German Flak 88 was never designed as direct fire weapon but as AA gun able to have its shell explode in mid air so that the explosion and the shrapnel could knock out planes.

Since the same weapon was used against land targets a similar technique was used to provide "indirect" fire support, and the same timer fuse was used to explode the shell over the intended soft target for instance a trench.
18 Jul 2017, 19:02 PM

A shame this kind of ignorance makes the game rot

I agree, the new material? Nope.
Smooth existing material? Maybe one or two patches per year, not more.

Boat abandoned
18 Jul 2017, 19:05 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Some small action about the new Calliope, Vet1 isg and Stuka dive bomb:

look here

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/160044170

ISG vet1 hit on T70
1 hour. 31 min. 50 sec

Calliope closerange vs house:
2 hour 16 min.00 sec

Calliope closerange vs Gren:
2 hours 18min 28 sec.

Stukadive bombe:
2 hour 16.min 54 sec.
18 Jul 2017, 19:07 PM

is a necessary option.
18 Jul 2017, 19:10 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Feedback

If anyone's interested in what live version luchs -> command panther meta looks like in FBP:
https://www.coh2.org/replay/62373/great-game-on-fbp-vs-top-okw-player

Soviet Sniper continues to be very strong (too strong?), but with the OKW earlygame steamroller unchanged perhaps this is necessary.

Luchs meta still will remain imo since pretty much nothing of that was changed bar the Kubel but the command panther followup is evidently much less dominant, which is nice. OKW T1 is still unattractive - flak HT has very poor impact for its cost.

Walking Stuka change isnt the biggest deal in 1v1, but judging from what I saw this game I think it might be situationally even more lethal in teamgames.

T34 got away without the fuel increase, which I think was necessary especially now that call-ins aren't nearly as potent.

Maxims are a lot better than they were. This is good.

ML20 might be too strong - it seems very lethal even out to max range scatter, making base bombardment almost always rewarding. Howitzer cost changes are excellent though.

Feedback not derived from gameplay

KV8, Command P4, Hetzer, AVRE probably do not need a price premium.
18 Jul 2017, 19:13 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Feedback

Luchs meta still will remain imo since pretty much nothing of that was changed bar the Kubel but the command panther followup is evidently much less dominant, which is nice. OKW T1 is still unattractive - flak HT has very poor impact for its cost.

Walking Stuka change isnt the biggest deal in 1v1, but judging from what I saw this game I think it might be situationally even more lethal in teamgames.

Maxims are a lot better than they were. This is good.

ML20 might be too strong - it seems very lethal even out to max range scatter, making base bombardment almost always rewarding. Howitzer cost changes are excellent though.

Well in teamgames maxims are still too expensive to reinforce. There is more mortar arty etc

ML20 dies to Wehrmacht/ OKW arty. also some airdrops. So ML20 is not too strong.

Well atlteast you can't go 2-3 Kübel anymore and don't lose manpower.
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS