Login

russian armor

Fall Balance Preview

PAGES (17)down
18 Jul 2017, 16:54 PM

Airburst shells were rejected by Relic on the basis of not wanting to alter the role of the unit. So, we're stuck with the bare minimum changes.

On the other hand, Elefant TWP is a lot more useful now. So, that's something that the Elefant does better than the Jagdtiger now.

which is good, because the idea of airburst shells on a direct-fire weapon system, especially a tank destroyer, is ridiculous. they didn't exist in ww2 and they still don't today (the XM29 or whatever the hell it was being the one exception).
18 Jul 2017, 16:55 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Interesting changes, looking forward to the patch.

Ill be curious to see how the call ins effect 1v1 games!

Cheers for the patch Kyle_RE and Relic
18 Jul 2017, 16:57 PM

No, or you are one of those people who likes: click click I won?

at some point, history has to play a role. conscripts should be the worst infantry on the field. hands down. because they're CONSCRIPTS.

volks are a weird phenomenon, because they shouldn't be as viable as they are, but have to be because obers take forever to come out.
18 Jul 2017, 16:59 PM

Well...I, for one, am glad, Relic has the final word and not the community *cough* *cough*.
18 Jul 2017, 17:02 PM

at some point, history has to play a role. conscripts should be the worst infantry on the field. hands down. because they're CONSCRIPTS.

Youre right. Lets have 99% of all soviet players roaming around with prisoners, criminalists and killer (penals) just because conscripts has to be the weakest unit history wise, yet give them same cost requirement as the trained grens.

Get real,cons need to be a serious main line infantry that doesnt suck til min 0. They can fall off as the battle drags on, but they should have upper hand somewhere.
18 Jul 2017, 17:03 PM

Your idea of periodic small patches taking care of predefined, singular problems (A.K.A. the scope) has failed miserably. You may maintain the view that it is to prevent huge imbalances that would be difficult to predict and fix, but in the end it blocks very meaningful changes; I remember huge patches years ago, not talking about redesigns, but the patches before Western Front Armies. The patchnotes pages long and of quality, not quantity. Where is your ability to balance so many things at once now, where did it go? I am very glad you saw my harsh comment, so you can consider what I wrote now.

Also adding conscripts to the scope would be sweet.

i think this level of venom is kind of unnecessary. all of us have a vision of what we think the game SHOULD be... just because others don't agree doesn't make them wrong.

that said, i too wonder why relic has been focusing on 1-2 large patches per year instead of much smaller incremental changes. i understand the slower system allows for more testing, but it also means a massive change in the way the game is played every time it's updated...
18 Jul 2017, 17:19 PM

Relic just failed here so much good changes. Left every good goddamn work that the modders did
18 Jul 2017, 17:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2017, 16:44 PMKyle_RE

Please, teach us. Grace us with your knowledge.

thanks for patching the game with the community members.
18 Jul 2017, 17:30 PM

Some changes to worldbuilder would be very welcome and might make the 2v2 map contest much more fruitful.

Specific changes detailed in my signature. Wouldn't change anything existing ingame, live, custom, or modded, but would allow for much more flexible map design.

Most design and balance discussions are halted by the issue of available maps. Remedy that and design and balance issues might start being solved instead of moved around.

Just saying, maps are a major bottleneck to gameplay and balance issues. Please consider addressing this.
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 18 Jul 2017, 17:31 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Your idea of periodic small patches taking care of predefined, singular problems (A.K.A. the scope) has failed miserably. You may maintain the view that it is to prevent huge imbalances that would be difficult to predict and fix, but in the end it blocks very meaningful changes; I remember huge patches years ago, not talking about redesigns, but the patches before Western Front Armies. The patchnotes pages long and of quality, not quantity. Where is your ability to balance so many things at once now, where did it go? I am very glad you saw my harsh comment, so you can consider what I wrote now.

Also adding conscripts to the scope would be sweet.

So your advice is to fix everything at once and to add conscripts to scope. And that 20+ pages of patch notes is "small patches" addressing "singular problems". Got it. Thanks for the great feedback, will definitely consider it for the future.
18 Jul 2017, 17:31 PM

"OKW Battlegroup unable to reinforce if cut-off from friendly territory."

why this limitation is for OKW only ? this limitation should apply on British and USF too
18 Jul 2017, 17:33 PM
Senior Referee Badge

GG rekt :thumb:
18 Jul 2017, 17:36 PM

volks are a weird phenomenon, because they shouldn't be as viable as they are, but have to be because obers take forever to come out.

There is History, but there is a game. Then that the main infantry of the Soviets are conscripts and penal (1% of all troops) is a design error. Where is the regular infantry? So let's concentrate on the game.
18 Jul 2017, 17:39 PM
Patrion 310

"OKW Battlegroup unable to reinforce if cut-off from friendly territory."

why this limitation is for OKW only ? this limitation should apply on British and UKF too

I thought OKW was the only that could reinforce when cutoff?
18 Jul 2017, 17:39 PM

I think letting the community balance the game was a step in the right direction.

However, your scopes are limiting, and I think that balance should be aimed at the entire community, and not just towards the 1v1 and 2v2 Competitive such.

And while yes this patch is as the scope specifies aimed towards larger team games, it's a little too little too late as they say.

Oh yeah and one more thing, seeing as this will be the last year in what Duffy called "The 5 year plan" for this game, is anything new coming out, any hints you could give us possibly?

I know this probably won't get a reply but eh, it's worth a shot.
18 Jul 2017, 17:44 PM

I thought OKW was the only that could reinforce when cutoff?

This ignorant fool never played UKF so he obviously doesn't know about that. (btw Ostheer bunker can also still reinforce)
18 Jul 2017, 18:00 PM

Kyle's sass, daaaaaamn.
18 Jul 2017, 18:00 PM

I'm a little concerned with the Centaur changes in respect to light cover. This unit was a saving grace in a recent match I had with bombed out fields with Panzergrenadiers overrunning my position and Infantry not doing enough to stop them. Will have to try this out and see.

I prefer this Crocodile over the one in the other mod (Sorry, Mr.Smith and Miragefla). The range is indeed what makes it worth using the most and it did need to lose that hidden flamethrower.
Croc seems to have lost it's range too. Disregard.

Mortar Pits... While it is good to get cheaper Mortars, the fact the range was decreased without introducing a method of breaking it down when no longer needed is cause for concern. People who would use emplacements start to have armies that get smaller and smaller as the game drags on. While it could be as simple as letting your enemy destroy what you don't need, I'd imagine most players would instinctively try to defend it nonetheless. Those players would take no pleasure in leaving their men to die in that way.

Even if you get no refund, being able to break down emplacements yourself will deny your enemy the XP. The option should at least be given.

I REALLY wanted to see the Infiltration Commandos enter the scope but only time will tell. They need the opportunity to be comparable to their Gilder Brethren. Get their Demos back, have five men, ect...

That's all I have for now. Will give more feedback as I play this mod.
18 Jul 2017, 18:03 PM

In my opinion if you want to nerf penal you have to up conscript in the same patch to compensate.

Without a viable main core infantry i'm afraid that soviet are going to be a dead faction.
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS