Login

russian armor

Vaulting is completely pointless

6 Jul 2017, 02:23 AM
Patrion 14

you make me hate spongebob
6 Jul 2017, 06:23 AM

IMO everyone who says vaulting is not important has not played a lot of vCoH to be honest.
It was a pain in the ass if your soldiers walked around a complete area to get to point B which took almost a minute and still with vaulting they could have been there in 3 seconds.

I think it is perfect the way it is. Auto vaulting could lead to much worse problems, just look at the vehicle pathing right now. Vaulting is something that distinguishes a good player from a very good one.

I don't like the idea to auto vault. You could also say your units should take auto cover. It's still a game where you win because of gameplay and decisions. And vaulting is not so micro intensive. TBH I usually vault about 1-2 times per game, but I am also not pro player.

+1 i remember rails and metal from coh1, the east fence was a pain in the ass. I think also that weapon teams like mgs and mortars need the ability to vault.
6 Jul 2017, 08:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2017, 00:44 AMwouren
About donnie vs soldier

Vaulting adds value to the game. Fenced paths punish transit when under fire. Your maneuverability changes depending on whether you are engaging or not.

Wins what exactly? A cookie for being a troll on the internet and following me around posting my uncompetitive stats just to berate my opinion while having his Steam profile set to private?

I have nothing to hide, unlike him apparently.

But yeah sure, keep cheering him on instead of condemning his methods, you're probably one in the same in real life too.

That's the problem with this community and that's why it's toxic and unfriendly to new people and out of the box thinking and problem solving.

You only keep thinking and seeing things in and through your little competitive bubble and ignore everything and everyone else, which is a bad idea since the casual community is bigger than the competitive one.

You people are partially what brought the downfall of this game and I am glad you don't infest CoH's community anymore.

Have a nice day.
6 Jul 2017, 22:42 PM

I think also that weapon teams like mgs and mortars need the ability to vault.

+1 on this one.
But then how will you execute a well thought of flank?

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2017, 00:44 AMwouren
About donnie vs soldier
Snip

Why are you adding fuel to a fire we want to put out?
Thats not nice of you wouren....

Wins what exactly? A cookie for being a troll on the internet

You only keep thinking and seeing things in and through your little competitive bubble and ignore everything and everyone else, which is a bad idea since the casual community is bigger than the competitive one.

You people are partially what brought the downfall of this game and I am glad you don't infest CoH's community anymore.

Have a nice day.

+1 on the bubble thought.
Mods and forum owners, please, can we get an ignore button or function for particular people?
Chan's public flaming of Soldier (who actually contributes mind you) will have been avoided simply if Soldier did not see his posts.

Mate, I admire your resilience. I would've told him to get fucked a long time ago.

On topic, IMO vaulting was added late in the production cycle simply so COH2 would be different from the first, much like the snow storm mechanic that we know everyone loves.
6 Jul 2017, 23:35 PM

On topic, IMO vaulting was added late in the production cycle simply so COH2 would be different from the first, much like the snow storm mechanic that we know everyone loves.

What is frustrating is that blizzards, mud/heavy snow, and ice all could've been great additions to the game, but they weren't fully fleshed out before implementation.

Blizzards could've had whole different effects and timing than what actually occurred. Soldiers freezing to death on retreat wasn't great.

Heavy snow and mud would've been beautiful if pathing could've taken it into account and it were more interactive. They way they were put into maps were primarily visual and didn't account for gameplay, resulting in tons of heavy snow/mud smearing arbitrarily across maps.

Ice should've been just fine as is, except that there was no variation between shallow and deep water, which resulted in tanks phasing through solid ground because their front tracks touched ice. Ice of otherwise passable water should've just resulted in... water when broken, not lovecraftian pits to the void.
7 Jul 2017, 04:36 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

What is frustrating is that blizzards, mud/heavy snow, and ice all could've been great additions to the game, but they weren't fully fleshed out before implementation.

Blizzards could've had whole different effects and timing than what actually occurred. Soldiers freezing to death on retreat wasn't great.

Heavy snow and mud would've been beautiful if pathing could've taken it into account and it were more interactive. They way they were put into maps were primarily visual and didn't account for gameplay, resulting in tons of heavy snow/mud smearing arbitrarily across maps.

Ice should've been just fine as is, except that there was no variation between shallow and deep water, which resulted in tanks phasing through solid ground because their front tracks touched ice. Ice of otherwise passable water should've just resulted in... water when broken, not lovecraftian pits to the void.

This guys get it.

Concept of blizzard was fine, implementation and execution is what failed.
Removing cost of firepits, mortality on blizzard but keeping the debuffs. More interaction with heavy snow (like clearing with flame sources or vehicles and re-appearing after blizzards) and ice (maybe more resistant during blizzard?). Not so random duration/appearance. Potential was there.
7 Jul 2017, 07:17 AM

This guys get it.

Removing cost of firepits, mortality on blizzard but keeping the debuffs. More interaction with heavy snow (like clearing with flame sources or vehicles and re-appearing after blizzards) and ice (maybe more resistant during blizzard?). Not so random duration/appearance. Potential was there.

Indeed. Two things that I hated most about blizzard were fire pit cost and squads dying on retreat 100 meters before your base.

Oh, wait. There were two more - volksschrek immune to cold and spios not losing speed on deep snow for some reason.

And also... Rostov 4v4... north spawn... as Allies. *cringes in pain*
9 Jul 2017, 22:17 PM

+2 on this post.

I loved doing an unsuspected push with a full halftrack and a light tank during blizzards.
It was oh so satisfying if pulled off properly

This guys get it.

It would've been cool if you also had snow pattern equipped and then hold fire on tanks... Basically the enemy will just pass you by, thinking the tanks are part of the decor, and the BOOM! Surprise buttrape
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★