Login

russian armor

Unofficial Revamp mod (EFA & WFA & Brits)

PAGES (30)down
10 Oct 2017, 04:13 AM

Well, that was fun while it lasted. I'll always favor the sweet feeling of pushing around Grens with my now anti-cover REs.

Seriously, they made for amazing support. Still squishy as heck, but if left to their own devices, will push squads out of cover or outright destroy yellow cover, making it all the easier for my Rifles to push up and take ground.

There's a bug though, when in the FP they fire two grenades. Even for me, that seems a little much.
10 Oct 2017, 14:08 PM

I have released the next version. Changelog is mostly the same.

I liked all changes, but the smoke price increase is gonna hurt.

Edit 1: Just tested, RE rifle grenade is too much overpower in my opnion
10 Oct 2017, 18:11 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Did a quick fix. Here are the notes for the Rifle Grenade:

Rear Echelon Rifle Grenade Changes (Does not apply to fighting pit)

10 Oct 2017, 18:15 PM

The nerfs are already on the way!

Though rifle grenades are being toned down with the following changes with possibly more incoming:

-Grenade timer from 0.75 to 1.35
-Minimum range from 10 to 15

Can definitely get behind that, Echelon grenades are an awesome idea, but damn are they broke right now, even when not thrown in a Doge for a makeshift mortarcar.

EDIT: New changes look good, will test and report back later
10 Oct 2017, 21:18 PM
Patrion 14

I'm a bit late to start to try this out but I loved what you guys did with the WBP. Is there a summary somewhere available that consolidates all changes until now?
19 Oct 2017, 21:46 PM

I've been holding off on asking, but I gotta know: how did y'all get the team weapons to reinforce via beacon?

I've been fiddling around with the Paradrop part of the reinforce_ext, but I just can't seem to get it right.
20 Oct 2017, 11:07 AM

I'm a bit late to start to try this out but I loved what you guys did with the WBP. Is there a summary somewhere available that consolidates all changes until now?

The mod summary at the front page already aggregates all changes from version 1.0 to 2.3.

So, all you need is front-page info & the changes in 2.4, 2.4.1 & 2.4.2. I've been a bit busy and didn't have the time to update the OP yet.

I've been holding off on asking, but I gotta know: how did y'all get the team weapons to reinforce via beacon?

I've been fiddling around with the Paradrop part of the reinforce_ext, but I just can't seem to get it right.

Check the github link on the OP. What you are looking for is some paradrop thing at the weapon_team sbps file.

To make this change work, we've added a check so that only paratrooper-manned teamweapons have access to paradrop reinforcements.
23 Oct 2017, 19:12 PM

The mod summary at the front page already aggregates all changes from version 1.0 to 2.3.

Was just curious about this myself since this mod has so many changes to keep track of. Thanks for making it easy to follow!
23 Oct 2017, 21:00 PM

Did a quick fix. Here are the notes for the Rifle Grenade:

Rear Echelon Rifle Grenade Changes (Does not apply to fighting pit)

Nice, it was definitely needed, but now RE are actually decent =)

Am I the only one to think that design-wise panther (ost/okw) would make more sense to be a medium spam counter/tank hunter with high fire rate and moving accuracy but 185 pen, while casamate TD would be better if reworked for anti heavy/anti tank destroyer with high pen and damage but lower rof to give more space to allies TD like jackson and firefly ?

It would finally solve stug spam issue as stug can't counter everything (like it do anyway in this mod IMHO, the only one unaffected by TWP changes are heavies, which can be easily stunned with pak and get swarmed by stugs), while we could increase it's price and even reduce mobility as trade for pen and damage.

The casamate TD wouldn't counter so hard allies TD with overwhelming fire rate.

It would also finally give ost/okw an offensive tank hunter reliable.

I like a lot of changes, but I can't really understand why changing panther like that, a turretted static tank destroyer that may as well be unturretted.

@Mr.Smith @Miragefla have you ever evaluated/tested such kind of armor overhaul or something like that ?

Stug/jadgpanzer 4
-unturretted
-200 damage
-240 pen
-8 seconds reload
-stug g hitpoint to 640 (it needs a bit more durability due to low rof and higher price, now it's actually an investment.
-IMHO I would nerf jadgpanzer 4 armor, give stug g 60 range and give both a similar price considered changes up there, both TD wouldn't have upper hand over allies TD 100% of the time, so I think stug 60 range could be needed, while mediums would be able to reliably pen at mifd-close range jadgpanzer 4 now.
-Some price tag between 150-160 fuel

Panther
-lower range (45)
-160 damage
-4.whatever reload speed
-185 mid pen
-armor down to 290
-mid range base accuracy increased (like in mod)
-0.75 moving accuracy multiplier
-okw mg's
-some price tag between okw price and ost, 185 fuel circa.
26 Oct 2017, 21:20 PM
Patrion 14

So, all you need is front-page info & the changes in 2.4, 2.4.1 & 2.4.2. I've been a bit busy and didn't have the time to update the OP yet.

Perfect. Thanks a lot :)
27 Oct 2017, 12:48 PM

OP updated with 2.4 - 2.42 changes.
27 Oct 2017, 13:49 PM

Nice, it was definitely needed, but now RE are actually decent =)

Am I the only one to think that design-wise panther (ost/okw) would make more sense to be a medium spam counter/tank hunter with high fire rate and moving accuracy but 185 pen, while casamate TD would be better if reworked for anti heavy/anti tank destroyer with high pen and damage but lower rof to give more space to allies TD like jackson and firefly ?

It would finally solve stug spam issue as stug can't counter everything (like it do anyway in this mod IMHO, the only one unaffected by TWP changes are heavies, which can be easily stunned with pak and get swarmed by stugs), while we could increase it's price and even reduce mobility as trade for pen and damage.

The casamate TD wouldn't counter so hard allies TD with overwhelming fire rate.

It would also finally give ost/okw an offensive tank hunter reliable.

I like a lot of changes, but I can't really understand why changing panther like that, a turretted static tank destroyer that may as well be unturretted.

@Mr.Smith @Miragefla have you ever evaluated/tested such kind of armor overhaul or something like that ?

Stug/jadgpanzer 4
-unturretted
-200 damage
-240 pen
-8 seconds reload
-stug g hitpoint to 640 (it needs a bit more durability due to low rof and higher price, now it's actually an investment.
-IMHO I would nerf jadgpanzer 4 armor, give stug g 60 range and give both a similar price considered changes up there, both TD wouldn't have upper hand over allies TD 100% of the time, so I think stug 60 range could be needed, while mediums would be able to reliably pen at mifd-close range jadgpanzer 4 now.
-Some price tag between 150-160 fuel

Panther
-lower range (45)
-160 damage
-4.whatever reload speed
-185 mid pen
-armor down to 290
-mid range base accuracy increased (like in mod)
-0.75 moving accuracy multiplier
-okw mg's
-some price tag between okw price and ost, 185 fuel circa.

I know that this game is not that historically accurate.
But stugs have literally the same weapon as pz4, I liked your idea, but I don't know if that will make sense. (realistic wise)
But for jadgpanzer maybe be good.
27 Oct 2017, 15:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2017, 13:49 PMBizrock

I know that this game is not that historically accurate.
But stugs have literally the same weapon as pz4, I liked your idea, but I don't know if that will make sense. (realistic wise)
But for jadgpanzer maybe be good.

You talk like right now there is no difference ^_^
27 Oct 2017, 18:52 PM

When do people play this? I play occasionally in the evening Pacific time and haven't seen anyone playing this. I tried a couple comp-stomps and it seems better than the live version but would like to play real games on it.
27 Oct 2017, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2017, 18:52 PMGrumpy
When do people play this?

No one do.

It is a fetish.

sadly.

I wish there would be a possibility to play this mod amongst the automatch just by clicking the next picture
27 Oct 2017, 20:36 PM

When do people play this? I play occasionally in the evening Pacific time and haven't seen anyone playing this. I tried a couple comp-stomps and it seems better than the live version but would like to play real games on it.

Invite a friend to play. That is your best bet. Even with the official preview patch mods there was never anyone playtesting them in public lobbies.

I am US west too and evenings are usually when I can play, and I can confirm it is probably the worst time zone for finding players in any game mode.
29 Oct 2017, 09:19 AM

Your best bet is coordinating with friends near your skill level to arrange a match to play with/against. Alternatively, you can ask around the shoutbox/Discord channel to see if somebody is interested. Just make sure that the guys that want to play have actually read and understood the changelog; otherwise it's a waste of everyone's time.

I used to have daily matches with the Revamp mod (europe) until FBP got postponed.
PAGES (30)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 43
Germany 777
unknown 19
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W