Login

russian armor

Unofficial Revamp mod (EFA & WFA & Brits)

PAGES (30)down
29 Jun 2017, 00:16 AM

all excellent changes, just dont agree with kubel as a starting unit. All factions start with a unit that has a use all game, kubel usefulness is map dependent and his little use mid-lategame.
29 Jun 2017, 00:23 AM

M20
- M20 accuracy from 0.75/0.475/0.2 to 0.45/0.375/0.25
- Weapon accuracy increases with veterancy: +10%/+15%/+15%

The far accuracy of the m20 is too high especially at vet 3. It can fire beyond the range of most infantry weapon at 40 and has at that range around the DPS of vickers.
29 Jun 2017, 00:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2017, 00:12 AMVipper

In this patch Stug has only 10 more frontal armor than M36 but less HP, less accuracy, less range,less damage, less sight and far less penetrations.

Stug has 640 which means it can take three AT gun shots and snare with a little bit of HP left unlike the Jackson which will die

The M36 is far more forgiving than the stug, Su-76, Su-85 if one "is too reckless with it", due to sight bonus, turret, and speed.
I did stumble a bit when I said too reckless as I was still thinking of it's current HP of 480 my fault there. However it's speed is no better or slightly better than the P4 or Sherman speed and acceleration

The fact that Su-76, Su-85, Firefly, and M36 can snipe PZIV well beyond their range makes PZIV an expensive later version of T70 having a limited window of opportunity.

Couldn't that be applied to any medium tank like Cromwell, Sherman, or T-76 against Stugs, Panthers, or Jagdpanzer?

The chances to score a "natural hit" on mediums at max range simply needs to way down so buffing the accuracy of the M10 and M36 is a step in the wrong direction. Their accuracy should go down not up.

If the Jackson far accuracy and new buff prove too much for Axis medium tanks then reducing it's far accuarcy should be compensated by heavies target size. Would that work? Maybe earning it's accuracy back through veterancy

29 Jun 2017, 00:47 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

thought u meant m4c and i just played usf in the revamp the HE shells were not op they still miss a ton and dont squad wipe things very often. i didnt get 1 wipe in 4 games with new changes. and wats wrong with the m20? its acc was like 75 and went dont to 40 or something like that? thats a huge anti inf nerf

The DPS output should be fine and consistant now, its the 7 second immobilize mine laying I have an issue with. Immobilize just shouldn't be in the game at all. It's like heavy engine damage from the old mines. If you hit a mine you just lost your tank 60% of the time because you couldnt repair it in time for your opponet to respond.

As far as the HE shells, for a 110F tank they're really good. But when you compare to the tank that is the sad p4 everything seems good. :(
29 Jun 2017, 00:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2017, 21:33 PMVipper

Imo the changes to M36 are in the wrong direction. The unit is simply too good at dealing with all type of vehicles.

For instance the Ostheer Stug had its penetration lower and it can deal with heavies and thus has the role as a counter to mediums while on the other hand the Panther has the role of a counter to heavies.

On the other hand the M36 with high accuracy (and accuracy on the move, long range (still out-ranges all Ostheer vehicles accept Elephant), high penetration, high damage and sight bonus can counter all Ostheer vehicles from Stug, to PZ IV, to Brumbars, to Tigers even to Panthers.

The chances of scoring a "natural hit" and penetrate a PZIV at range 55 (15 units away from PZIV can even return fire) are simply too high at 0.88.

The change of scoring a "natural hit" and penetrating medium tanks at range 50+ need to go down in the vicinity of 50-55%.

If one want to turn M36 into buffed M10 simply make M10 stock and M36 doctrinal

The problem there is that usf has no alternative to the jackson for dedicated AT units. Ostheer has stugs and panthers but usf only has jackson nondoctrinally. Stug is also 90 fuel compared to 145 for Jackson. Besides, it's not like usf lategame is OP or even close to it without calliopes, which got nerfed in the revamp.

Isn't it a bit silly that the m20 still needs to upgrade skirts for 70 muni, which is basically mandatory? Especially when we look at the 222 that used to have to upgrade its 2cm autocannon that now comes stock.
29 Jun 2017, 01:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2017, 00:23 AMVipper
M20
- M20 accuracy from 0.75/0.475/0.2 to 0.45/0.375/0.25
- Weapon accuracy increases with veterancy: +10%/+15%/+15%

The far accuracy of the m20 is too high especially at vet 3. It can fire beyond the range of most infantry weapon at 40 and has at that range around the DPS of vickers.

i just use one at vet 3 it never died and i had around 26 kills in a hour long game. the okw guy i was taking on had like 53 kills with his vet 3 aaht... things like aaht and luchs are way more effective then this thing without vet in alot of situations so i dont think its as bad as u say it is.
29 Jun 2017, 01:04 AM

How many people actually play custom matches against other players with this? Is it enough to realistically find a game?
29 Jun 2017, 01:16 AM

How many people actually play custom matches against other players with this? Is it enough to realistically find a game?
i play sometimes with mirage and smith, but i get games alot of the time when i make one ppl join if u are patient enough to wait 10 mins. sometimes theres noobs that just join not knowing what the mod is
29 Jun 2017, 01:20 AM

Are people really against the buffs that will allow the only stock TD option that USF has to finally do it's job?
I also realized that the FRP from the Major will be something that you want to activate when you retreat and not have it up all the time, I like that change a lot, will reward awareness.
29 Jun 2017, 01:42 AM

Are people really against the buffs that will allow the only stock TD option that USF has to finally do it's job?
I also realized that the FRP from the Major will be something that you want to activate when you retreat and not have it up all the time, I like that change a lot, will reward awareness.
yea earlier i messed up leaving it on for a long time thinking it will deactivate lol
29 Jun 2017, 01:54 AM

Tested a game out as usf and have some observations:

M20 and ambulance both add a pop when decrewed (since they are worth less than the squad). Not a big deal at all, just maybe a heads up.

M20 can actually vet now!

I love the push foward ability on the LT. Used it on Thompson Paras for hilarious effect.

Rocket artillery can be used in combination with tanks when swarming a JT since it can get stunned by the rockets. Finally some avenue for counterplay.

I like the FRP changes. Tried using the major's FRP and it was very punishing to leave on for extended periods of time. Shoutout to whoever came up with that (I think it was ferwiner).
29 Jun 2017, 02:19 AM

I like the changes, but don't you think that 500mp for 2 paratroopers and 1 AT gun too much cheap?
29 Jun 2017, 02:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2017, 02:19 AMBizrock
I like the changes, but don't you think that 500mp for 2 paratroopers and 1 AT gun too much cheap?

tbh its a hard one becuz i only bought 2 rifles cuz i new i was going to get paras. i had 2 rifles, 1RE, 1captain,,1 atgun,1 packhowi, a major, ambulance, and when i got my 2 paras i had so much infantry, i bought a jackson and i hardly had any pop cap. left i have like 14 cap left. and usf mp drain u alot now i think they need to lower some cap on things. and dont forget its 500mp plus munis
29 Jun 2017, 02:27 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2017, 02:19 AMBizrock

There is also a munitions cost attached to it, or should be.

Note that for these units arriving, they have no veterancy when they arrive when most other infantry will and you need to buy them in bulk you that is 18 pop cap + 7 when you recrew the ATG.
29 Jun 2017, 02:29 AM

tbh its a hard one becuz i only bought 2 rifles cuz i new i was going to get paras. i had 2 rifles, 1RE, 1captain,,1 atgun,1 packhowi, a major, ambulance, and when i got my 2 paras i had so much infantry, i bought a jackson and i hardly had any pop cap. left i have like 14 cap left. and usf mp drain u alot now i think they need to lower some cap on things. and dont forget its 500mp plus munis

120 ammo is just for the weapons that come along para. 500 MP is just too cheap. It can snowball pretty easy, and way more easier reducing it CP.
29 Jun 2017, 02:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2017, 02:29 AMBizrock

120 ammo is just for the weapons that come along para. 500 MP is just too cheap. It can snowball pretty easy, and way more easier reducing it CP.

yea see where u coming from but if u try the commander u are going to realize its the most lackluster commander in the game almost.
29 Jun 2017, 03:29 AM

Yes, many of them are. Remember, the more expensive USF dedicated TD should lose to the Ost T3 general tank, because anything else would be unfair. Asymmetric balance - all USF units should be more expensive and make up for that by being worthless.
29 Jun 2017, 04:42 AM

Okay, played some more games and here are my thoughts so far:
-Pretty much agree with Dave, especially when it comes to the airdropped weapons, the MP consumption is crazy. Munitions makes a lot more sense for the drops.

-Major spends a lot of time idle or retreating right now, he basically a glorified sprint bitch 90% of the time. A higher mp cost and an extra squad member or two would leave him durable enough to chill out near the front lines and be in position to drop arty without being a liability. Changing his plane's targeting to mirror the Brit Airlanding Officer's directional targeting would also be a decent QoL change.

-The new Greyhound is pretty awesome, its like a USF T70/Luchs and really fills the void left behind by the Stuart's deserved nerfs, but costs a fortune in munis to get running. I'd rather pay more mp/fuel upfront and have the skirts as stock.

-Heavy Cav smoke drop is still pretty far out of line compared to the later CP and slower arriving Ost smoke plane and should definitely be looked at. Everything else feels really good so far.

I know how thankless the task you guys are undertaking can be and the amount of time and effort you're putting into it. It doesn't mean a hell of a lot, but thank you for doing this, I really appreciate what you're doing for this game.
29 Jun 2017, 05:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2017, 02:29 AMBizrock

Recon needs something to help it justify even being in someone's rooster, this gives it a niche of Paratroopers, though I wish it was thompsons and not a BAR it's good enough as it is.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2017, 03:29 AMGrumpy

Yes, many of them are. Remember, the more expensive USF dedicated TD should lose to the Ost T3 general tank, because anything else would be unfair. Asymmetric balance - all USF units should be more expensive and make up for that by being worthless.

Hell, I say it losses to the StuG quite easily, due to reload speed differences.
29 Jun 2017, 06:02 AM

Elite Armor and the MG34 on the OKW side need some love if you ask me.
PAGES (30)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS