Login

russian armor

Maxim.

2 Jun 2017, 17:59 PM

I believe the official line from the balance team is that the Maxim has randomized aim-time so it's pretty herpaderp when switching targets or acquiring targets (if you get the long end of the RNG scale you get grenaded easily). Fixing that might be enough to make it more appealing but rolling back some of the previously stacked nerfs like the Re enforcement Cost could help too. Penal Meta is a whole other kettle of fish - even if Maxim is good you won't see it as much until Conscripts are more than fancy meat shields with AT grenades.
2 Jun 2017, 18:14 PM

you lose a bit of supression but you gain that glorious arc.

still not the worst MG out there... *stares at the hmg34*

I'd rather have a 34 than a maxim. At least it does its job.
2 Jun 2017, 18:17 PM

I believe the official line from the balance team is that the Maxim has randomized aim-time so it's pretty herpaderp when switching targets or acquiring targets (if you get the long end of the RNG scale you get grenaded easily). Fixing that might be enough to make it more appealing but rolling back some of the previously stacked nerfs like the Re enforcement Cost could help too. Penal Meta is a whole other kettle of fish - even if Maxim is good you won't see it as much until Conscripts are more than fancy meat shields with AT grenades.

It still has super low suppression when it starts shooting too though. I always just laugh when I see maxims if I'm playing axis and run straight at it with one squad and nade it. I'm sure this compounds the problem too though.
4 Jun 2017, 14:45 PM

Maxim is utter trash. The suppression/Defensive capability is a joke. And thanks to the longer setup time it's not useful as a offensive support weapon anymore.
4 Jun 2017, 19:40 PM

Suppression is decent vs OKW with all the mg bulletins equipped(5% sup, with dbl 4% faster fire rate), and somewhat ok vs Ost.
4 Jun 2017, 20:51 PM

Barton made great use of it vs Korean army. Even mortar can't counter it well vs its fast teardown time. And using only 2 penals I might add. Those maxims were pulling their weight.
4 Jun 2017, 22:57 PM

Suppression is decent vs OKW with all the mg bulletins equipped(5% sup, with dbl 4% faster fire rate), and somewhat ok vs Ost.

Yeah I've found that it's serviceable if you start shooting at max range, but I've still had instances where squads just run up and made the maxim (they usually do get suppressed, but still crawl close enough to pop a flame/rifle nade. The inconsistent aim times are definitely annoying though.

I think another thing is that it's basically a regular mg with a smaller arc, but bigger crew and faster teardown time, but has much less competent infantry to support it (conscripts compared to grens or tommies). I only ever bother using cons with a doc that has ppshs for them now, and even then they barely pull their weight.
5 Jun 2017, 19:28 PM

So the two major nerfs were setup time and suppression. The thing is, now it takes a normal amount of time to set up, but about an hour to suppress squads so its not really worth building anymore in my opinion. I just wantto hear thoughts on it balance-wise, and I want to add that my opinion comes both from using it and having it used on me.

I am prepared for the salt on both sides that will ensue from this thread (I think).

I wouldn't mind it getting supp buff if MG34 gets one too. + blob suppression. Also can't suppress for sh1t.
5 Jun 2017, 21:45 PM

I wouldn't mind it getting supp buff if MG34 gets one too. + blob suppression. Also can't suppress for sh1t.

Correct me if I'm wrong but mg34 seems to suppress faster than the maxim (which isn't saying much). Apparently the maxim has a random aim time which doesn't help either.
6 Jun 2017, 00:17 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but mg34 seems to suppress faster than the maxim (which isn't saying much). Apparently the maxim has a random aim time which doesn't help either.

The MG34 has no business existing, it is a joke. You only see the stupid thing when there are no MG43s around and no other guns to steal, or the OKW are desperate against some kind of blob.

It can suppress but it is hardly useful when you have better tools like the flak half track, which is actually a useful unit now. It just doesn't fit with the inherently aggressive nature of the team and layout.
6 Jun 2017, 15:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jun 2017, 00:17 AMNano

The MG34 has no business existing, it is a joke. You only see the stupid thing when there are no MG43s around and no other guns to steal, or the OKW are desperate against some kind of blob.

It can suppress but it is hardly useful when you have better tools like the flak half track, which is actually a useful unit now. It just doesn't fit with the inherently aggressive nature of the team and layout.

That's true. I almost never make them as okw, but it still suppresses faster than maxim rip.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★