Login

russian armor

CoH2 vs DoW3 players comparison

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
24 May 2017, 09:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2017, 06:46 AMEsxile

They explained why already. They like to build campaign around an immersive character or group of characters. The problem with the German faction is how can you make a cool and nice character belonging to the Wermarch.
There are many games were you can make the bad guys looking cool, but it is a really risky task when your bad guys are based on the Nazi. This could be assimilated to Nazi propaganda, revisionism etc...
Not to mention the potential interdition to sale in Germany and some others European countries.

such bullshit, you can take a famous wehrmach commander like Rommel who was one of the best panzer commander and in the same time tried to assasinate hitler.

no one is going to say that rommel was nazi..

And many other games made a german solo, like the recently released STEEL DIVISION where you can take control of 21 PANZER in normandy and push back the americans out of france.

there is absolutely no reason, except being lazy, to only do an allies campaign.
24 May 2017, 09:51 AM

such bullshit, you can take a famous wehrmach commander like Rommel who was one of the best panzer commander and in the same time tried to assasinate hitler.

no one is going to say that rommel was nazi..

And many other games made a german solo, like the recently released STEEL DIVISION where you can take control of 21 PANZER in normandy and push back the americans out of france.

there is absolutely no reason, except being lazy, to only do an allies campaign.

Coh2 campaigns try to much more impersonate the characters than Steel division, I'm talking about the scenario around the missions, not the mission themselves. The argument of lazyness is inappropriate in my opinion, if Relic really wanted to do a Axis campaign they would have done it already since long. They didn't and already explained why back during vCoh after releasing Opposing Front.
They explained how they did for Opposing Front and how hard it was to not breach the line of empathizing Axis in a campaign. They explained that Germany would have never allowed to sell on their territory a RTS game based on WW2 empathing the Nazis.
This last statement is definitively to take in consideration as there is no handbook telling you what you can do and what you can't do. If we can have an idea of the limit, all of that is subjective and can be refused because someone front any validation commitee somewhere in Germany didn't like it.

I'm not saying it is good or bad, just that I understand the consideration and it is really inapropriate to blame Relic to not play with the Devil.
24 May 2017, 11:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2017, 08:59 AMEsxile

In fact, when you really think about it, no it is not pathetic at all. They did it with Opposing Front and the script was as much as neutral possible, really far from vCoh campaign theme.
Germany was Nazi at that time and building a fictive story based on true events on this period putting you in a German officer boots is definitively not something anybody can take nicely.

The ww2 hoax lives on then!
24 May 2017, 12:20 PM
Donator 11

Guys, are you sure this thread is about propaganda and coh campaigns, not dow3? Becouse I smell one of the hardest off tops in the history of .org
24 May 2017, 13:05 PM

Lol pathetic when you think about it that we can't tell the story of a German soldier because western History dictates them as baby murdering racists.

Well, technically speaking, we were :snfPeter:
24 May 2017, 14:25 PM

Well, technically speaking, we were :snfPeter:

lol good one
24 May 2017, 15:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2017, 09:51 AMEsxile

I'm not saying it is good or bad, just that I understand the consideration and it is really inapropriate to blame Relic to not play with the Devil.

yes indeed, coh2 campaign makes much more empathize on the soldier.
i never played it but after looking on youtube, i get your point of view.

Still, there was good guy in the german army, SS included, as there was also rapist in american army.
(diferent french girl farm rapped, mostly by black american soldier).

but since relic is a company which has to earn money, i understand why they want to avoid making campaign from german point of view.

on the other hand, they had no problem making the player burn farm with citizen inside in coh2 soviet campaign ...
Is there that much a difference between nazi and soviet burning people inside farm ?
24 May 2017, 17:08 PM

Is there that much a difference between nazi and soviet burning people inside farm ?

It is said one won the war... Or at least one lost it.
24 May 2017, 21:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

AND one of the numerous reasons the campaign was criticised (specially Russia)...

They might had made a realistically based SP campaign, but it didn't feel like a Company of heroes "Saving private Ryan" story. Some people expected more of a vcoh2 style of campaign, which would be more neutral friendly.
24 May 2017, 21:55 PM
Senior Editor Badge

24 May 2017, 22:31 PM
Patrion 310

24 May 2017, 23:00 PM

COH1 will soon beat DoW3 :facepalm:
http://steamcharts.com/cmp/228200,285190#48h

oh men :rofl:

at least DOW3 will be soon completely forgoten, no one will even remember this relic failure.
25 May 2017, 06:26 AM

25 May 2017, 09:42 AM
Senior Editor Badge

25 May 2017, 12:13 PM

LOL. The next DOW 3 patch on the 31st will be a make or break for me. With no ladder and boring meta I lost interest pretty fast. Will be interesting to see the numbers after the patch.
25 May 2017, 14:34 PM

Or just sell nicely in US fucking A.

like big hollywood movies where the US army swoop in and win the war singlehandedly
25 May 2017, 14:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2017, 22:23 PMButcher
Oh come on. We have partisans in the game who are pretty much terrorists. No reason not to have a German capaign about regular soldiers then.

On topic: I didn´t buy DoW 3 since DoW 2 was a huge disappointment for me. At least the Coh series kept it´s basic concept.

Oh right, at the end of that mission, those partisans got executed by soviet soldiers xD
nee
25 May 2017, 21:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2017, 06:46 AMEsxile

They explained why already. They like to build campaign around an immersive character or group of characters. The problem with the German faction is how can you make a cool and nice character belonging to the Wermarch.
There are many games were you can make the bad guys looking cool, but it is a really risky task when your bad guys are based on the Nazi. This could be assimilated to Nazi propaganda, revisionism etc...
Not to mention the potential interdition to sale in Germany and some others European countries.

1) CoH1 Opposing Front's market garden campaign: a bunch of dudes resisting the airborne invasion, the main character's brother is killed at the end
2) CoH1 ToV Tiger Ace mission: tank crew with names run around blasting Tommy
3) CoH2 Theatre of War missions, including DLC; no named characters, but not technically campaign

Which leads to
4) No one IIRC made a fuss about these missions existing; the closest was Soviet campaign and that was by Russians that were butthurt over a comically fictional portrayal.
25 May 2017, 21:33 PM
Patrion 14

comically fictional but not based on fiction - actually grounded in facts... just the delivery was on the nose too many times.

I wouldn't care for german campaign. don't think anyone on this forum would really mind. but look at BF1. WW1 setting and campaigns only follow the Entente factions... that is the state of the market.
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 25
Germany 611

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak