Login

russian armor

Churchill Crocodile needs adjustment

18 May 2017, 20:57 PM

I honestly don't get it why the Crocodile as the only flamer tank in the game also keeps his main canon.
I know, I know, they replaced the MG with the flame thrower in real life but still it is stupid in terms of game logic. The M4 Calliope was also able to shoot his main gun and is not able to do so in the game.

Calipe rocket launcher was disposable and after barrage that was normal sherman i think too hard to show that in game . Crocodile is my favorite unit but i dont think so its OP its like brumbar for alies i guess
If someone think crocodile and firefly is ultimate combo try elefant and brumbar

Ele and Jagtiger is true cancer yo
18 May 2017, 21:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2017, 17:06 PMofield

The Croc needs 10 penetrating hits to kill a panther with a 30-40% of penetrating the front armor.
The Panther needs 9 penetrating hits with a 85-100% chance of penetrating the front armor.

It's not impossible but very very unlikely for the croc to win that kind of engagement.

Add to that 6 pounder support and the fact that the croc can fire at the Panther and kill all support weapons at the same time is a recipe for abuse. But hey, that is just my opinion.
18 May 2017, 21:15 PM

Add to that 6 pounder support and the fact that the croc can fire at the Panther and kill all support weapons at the same time is a recipe for abuse. But hey, that is just my opinion.

Whats next ? aec and 6 pounder vs kt ?
19 May 2017, 04:18 AM

Whats next ? aec and 6 pounder vs kt ?

Well apparently the aec is supposed to be the brits answer to "no infantry snare". Lul. If it had more health that'd be fine but it gets what like 3 hit by average at sources? It's also super slow and clunky.

To the post quoted: the main gun on the croc does whatever the fuck it wants (unless they changed that) and cannot be targeted. It also does half damage and rarely penetrates anything with more armor than the ostheer p4. Also, if they have a croc, the axis should have heavies of their own if okw, possibly an ele ad ost or at least stug spam and both factions have access to rocket arty that can deal with at guns easily (which aren't exactly spammable if you want an army to back that up too). I'm more concerned with the fact that it has, due to a bug, another flamer or something. Can someone vetify that? I don't know how accurate that statement is or how much of an impact it would have if true.
20 May 2017, 11:06 AM

Wehrmacht vet 1 pak stun?
20 May 2017, 15:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2017, 11:06 AMofield

Wehrmacht vet 1 pak stun?

Sure but the crocodile will just crumble away after that since it has 14 million health. Meanwhile once the croc approaches it burns your pak to deaht and if your pak survives and gets the stun of, the croc will then rumble away and burn it to death then. It has insane range.
20 May 2017, 17:05 PM

Sure but the crocodile will just crumble away after that since it has 14 million health. Meanwhile once the croc approaches it burns your pak to deaht and if your pak survives and gets the stun of, the croc will then rumble away and burn it to death then. It has insane range.

So will kt so does kt so will kt so can kt so does kt. And which one's doctrinal?

It's just good heavy tanks in general. And croc is useless against tanks period.
21 May 2017, 08:27 AM

So will kt so does kt so will kt so can kt so does kt. And which one's doctrinal?

It's just good heavy tanks in general. And croc is useless against tanks period.

Yeah but the croc has a flamethrower and a main gun that can penetrate tanks (even panthers lol) and does decent damage vs mediums while having insane health. Well technically the KT also needs a doctrine and all tech buildings to get. Meanwhile the croc only needs a doctrine with which you can effectively stall for it.

In my other post I also made the same point about the KT, so calm down.
23 May 2017, 14:14 PM

Yeah but the croc has a flamethrower and a main gun that can penetrate tanks (even panthers lol) and does decent damage vs mediums while having insane health. Well technically the KT also needs a doctrine and all tech buildings to get. Meanwhile the croc only needs a doctrine with which you can effectively stall for it.

In my other post I also made the same point about the KT, so calm down.

It does as much damage as one bazooka right? Have fun with that. It also still shoots at whatever it wants unless that got fixed recently. The stalling thing is probably an issue but that's just dumbass call-in mechanics, and applies to a lot of other heavy tanks as well.
23 May 2017, 15:55 PM

It does as much damage as one bazooka right? Have fun with that. It also still shoots at whatever it wants unless that got fixed recently. The stalling thing is probably an issue but that's just dumbass call-in mechanics, and applies to a lot of other heavy tanks as well.

Considering the croc's health it firing at it with a panther or a pak 40 will have relatively the same effect as a Croc firing and penetrating a Panther.
24 May 2017, 04:14 AM

Considering the croc's health it firing at it with a panther or a pak 40 will have relatively the same effect as a Croc firing and penetrating a Panther.

After a game I had my full health vet0 croc run up against a vet2 stug and the stug killed it. Both penetrated most of the time, but the croc deals very negligible damage to tanks. It also shot the wrong target until I got right up to it. This wasn't an empirical test, but I don't have the time to recreate it in cheat mode. Also, more health means it will take more time to repair when it gets shot a whole bunch, and this too applies to other heavy tanks.
24 May 2017, 06:14 AM

After a game I had my full health vet0 croc run up against a vet2 stug and the stug killed it. Both penetrated most of the time, but the croc deals very negligible damage to tanks. It also shot the wrong target until I got right up to it. This wasn't an empirical test, but I don't have the time to recreate it in cheat mode. Also, more health means it will take more time to repair when it gets shot a whole bunch, and this too applies to other heavy tanks.

If you payed attention you would easily have gotten it away and dealt good damage to the stug as well. Yes more health means more repair time. But with the insane repair speeds of the wfa it won't take as long. Go repair a Tiger with pioneers or an IS2 with combat engineers, that takes ages.
24 May 2017, 08:51 AM

Croco is ok leave it alone, usefull alie heavy tank is rare
24 May 2017, 14:40 PM

So 2 vetted TD killed a mostly AI tank...and the Problem is? Test the Croc vs a Panzer 4 which is actually a tank and not a TD.
24 May 2017, 14:49 PM

If you payed attention you would easily have gotten it away and dealt good damage to the stug as well. Yes more health means more repair time. But with the insane repair speeds of the wfa it won't take as long. Go repair a Tiger with pioneers or an IS2 with combat engineers, that takes ages.

That's not the point though. The point is that he croc is easily countered by any non ostwind tank, so it really shouldn't be an issue. This was after a game, when you can hit "continue playing" so I called in a croc and made it 1v1 a vet2 stug and it lost. To a 90 fuel tank destroyer. So anything equivalent to the croc in cost should counter it easily, or at least force it back if 1 stug can.
24 May 2017, 14:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2017, 14:40 PMVipper

So 2 vetted TD killed a mostly AI tank...and the Problem is? Test the Croc vs a Panzer 4 which is actually a tank and not a TD.

It's not a problem, cloth was just claiming that the croc can shrug off panthers and paks (the latter usually gets burned tho). It's a counter working as intended so /thread.
24 May 2017, 15:12 PM

That's not the point though. The point is that he croc is easily countered by any non ostwind tank, so it really shouldn't be an issue. This was after a game, when you can hit "continue playing" so I called in a croc and made it 1v1 a vet2 stug and it lost. To a 90 fuel tank destroyer. So anything equivalent to the croc in cost should counter it easily, or at least force it back if 1 stug can.

Easily countered? You are forgetting there is an entire army supporting that huge driving health pool fire shooting mammoth of a tank? I understand your point that a vet 2 stug will beat it 1v1, but it never is a 1v1 fight. Whilst your stug is trying to kill it, it will have burned your pak40 to death, raped a few mgs and is burning your grenadiers whilst you have to deal with tommies, most likely a mortar pit, a 6 pounder and perhaps a vickers.

The same goes for facing a KT as soviets. The KT will be beaten at range by a SU85, but that KT is supported by multiple rakettens, volks, a sturmpioneer and perhaps an leig and a mg.

24 May 2017, 15:13 PM

It's not a problem, cloth was just claiming that the croc can shrug off panthers and paks (the latter usually gets burned tho). It's a counter working as intended so /thread.

Never said that, I just said it isn't instantly countered by a panther due to the lower dps on the panther and the huge health pool of the croc itself.
24 May 2017, 19:30 PM

Maybe we are going about this the wrong way and please hear me out fully. Making the Panther "Instantly" counter the Crocodile is never going to be fully accepted by the Allied side of the argument.

The Croc is an endgame tank and we shouldn't keep nerfing it and expect people to keep using it. That being said, there needs to be a way to counter the threat of Infantry getting burned to death with no hope of a quick solution.

I propose that we add a new Critical that the Croc could suffer from. I believe that their should be a chance from AT Snares or Puma's "Aimed Shot" to knock out the Flamethrower of the Croc! It's kinda daft that you can only disable the Main Gun since nobody really fears it.

The main death dealing weapon would have a hard counter, without nerfing the Croc into uselessness. ;)

Of course, we might need to lengthen the amount of time it would take for it's Vet 3 to remove the Critical to make it viable.
24 May 2017, 19:34 PM

Ahh I'm deleting my opinion about this unit
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight