Login

russian armor

[1v1] Struggling as USF

1 May 2017, 14:06 PM

I lately started playing USF after playing with wehr/okw for a while, I find this faction really a struggle to play with and I need help to see what are the deciding factors whether to go for a liutenant or captain. It seems like this is the faction that is the hardest to play with, USF struggles to deal with MGs and has no good tanks such as p4, the tanks are either ANTI tank or anti infrantry, not both, like a p4. Pack howie is great to deal with mgs and great support gun in general, it has a good wipe potential, but whenever they see pack firing at their mg they just move it somewhere else, smoke is really good, but it just doesn't work for me.

Here is a replay for some input, would be really good if someone could give me some tips or what wrong, I am doing etc.. Because I don't want to go back to play okw/wehr just because they are easier to play for me.

1 May 2017, 19:35 PM

Will look at it ASAP (probably tomorrow) :)
1 May 2017, 20:10 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2017, 19:35 PMDanyek
Will look at it ASAP (probably tomorrow) :)

Don't forget to "set yellow" when you claim a replay review. :)

/set yellow
2 May 2017, 08:26 AM

Don't forget to "set yellow" when you claim a replay review. :)

/set yellow

You are right, thank you for the notification! :)
2 May 2017, 13:54 PM

Fucking hell, I already typed a long ass essay and I lost it because I had to relogin. Just when I wanted to help.
2 May 2017, 13:56 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Fucking hell, I already typed a long ass essay and I lost it because I had to relogin. Just when I wanted to help.

I know your feeling.:(

This happens to me already as well :P

--> I always copie the whole text, before i click on Reply since this happens.
2 May 2017, 15:01 PM

Too passive overall you camped the bot a lot when the top was wide open to push. Need to rush either an m20 if going lt or a Stuart if going captain (on such a big wide map harder to use a pack howi well). Nades work great vs mgs, smoke makes them almost useless.
2 May 2017, 15:31 PM

Without looking at the replay I'd say you go Lt when you want to be more aggressive and/or push an early advantage whereas Captain is more of a play it safe strategy where you can get access to AT Guns and a Stuart that can easily counter light vehicles (if you struggle against Luches for example).

Against OKW M20 rush is a viable strategy now that their panzerfausts are delayed - get the armor upgrade and use it to force off Strumpios and lone Volks squads - you can force him to waste MP on an early Raken or Munitions on Fausts with no follow-up that way. LT is also good on maps with dominant garrisons that you can use .50 Cal to good effect. Early Weapons racks are good with LT so you can get zooks out early in case of Luches (which is a hardcounter to LT tech). If you go LT against OST then the AAHT is pretty good since it can counter single 222s with ease and the suppression can really frustrate some players.

If you want to go LT -> Captain you can try experimenting with commanders with call-in armor like Armor or Heavy Calv so that you can get proper tanks out without having to wait for Major Tech.
2 May 2017, 16:03 PM

I see a lot of things happened since then, do you need any more further assistance with this particular replay or are you satisfied with those comments?

Also, sorry for taking too long :/
2 May 2017, 20:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2017, 15:01 PMCon!
Too passive overall you camped the bot a lot when the top was wide open to push. Need to rush either an m20 if going lt or a Stuart if going captain (on such a big wide map harder to use a pack howi well). Nades work great vs mgs, smoke makes them almost useless.

I really wanted to avoid top, because it is very open area with loads of negative cover and mgs + grenadiers will have easier time to deal with my infrantry than they would have had bottom in closer combat. Can a double bar squad outgun a grenadier LMG squad from the farthest distance?

@Danyek Well, now I know I was a bit too passive and was focusing too much on the bottom. I will get a hang of using tactical map so it is a bit easier to micro USF big amounts of squads, unlike I have to do with ost/okw, so I can focus on multiple fronts and be more aggressive early/mid game. If you can still give me some review, I would greatly still appreciate that ;)
2 May 2017, 22:49 PM

So, I decided to just rewrite the entire thing again, but this time I put short notes instead because screw rewriting the entire thing again:
1. First Rifle should always accompany RE unless your strat involves 2 Rifles rushing his fuel.
2. Rifles should not retreat vs lone MG if they get suppressed, move them out of the arc and only retreat if he has units going after your suppressed infantry. You also should have backup Rifle coming to flank the MG.
3. Chose a doc too early and revealed it. OST could've counter pick doctrines that can wreck you early-mid game.
4. Always send a squad to cap the side where you're not fighting. This applies to all factions.
5. Pack Howie is very situational in the current meta. Better avoid it and get Stuart.
6. You teched for Lieu and Major together after your Captain which significantly delayed your Sherman. Always tech 2 tiers only unless the game drags out and you have tanks on the field.
7. AT guns must never be sent alone.
8. You did not push North which was wide open, screw red cover, you need to make him send squads somewhere else so you have better chances of winning the main fight.
9. You did not Double BARS on Rifles which was a huge mistake.
10. Dodge rifle nades, the Gren will kneel and face your units' direction. Get out of cover immediately and come back in once the grenade has exploded. Your Cap got wiped because of it.
11. Panzer 4 was damaged at minute 18 yet you didn't snare it, and it even had the courtesy of driving right by your Rifles for a swift Bazooka/AT gun sex. Rifles have snares at vet 1, use them.
12. Your opponent made the mistake of going HMG in this map, too easily flanked and can't cover wide areas in middle of the map.
13. Rifles sent to die by mines which could have been avoided by your RE with sweepers, and yet you still insist on sweeping mines with your men. (Bottom fuel and top resource point)
14. Cap should not be upgraded with Zooks if you get AT gun, he is a very combat capable unit and should be given BARs instead unless you lost your RE or you didn't build an AT gun.
15. Rookie mistake of not finishing reinforcing multiple times throughout the match. Always have full squads and at full health.
16. Get an ambo if you have full-model, half-health squads. You have one such squad and you neglected to heal them, so they get clobbered by PzGrens.
17. Sherman did nothing useful. Could have pushed away his Pz4 and smoked his AT gun while Rifles focus fire Shrecked PzGrens.
18. You have 100 points left and he has triple cap yet still stalled for Pershing, should have just gotten a Jackson and pushed North to slow down VP bleed.
2 May 2017, 22:57 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

So, I decided to just rewrite the entire thing again, but this time I put short notes instead because screw rewriting the entire thing again:
1. First Rifle should always accompany RE unless your strat involves 2 Rifles rushing his fuel.
2. Rifles should not retreat vs lone MG if they get suppressed, move them out of the arc and only retreat if he has units going after your suppressed infantry. You also should have backup Rifle coming to flank the MG.
3. Chose a doc too early and revealed it. OST could've counter pick doctrines that can wreck you early-mid game.
4. Always send a squad to cap the side where you're not fighting. This applies to all factions.
5. Pack Howie is very situational in the current meta. Better avoid it and get Stuart.
6. You teched for Lieu and Major together after your Captain which significantly delayed your Sherman. Always tech 2 tiers only unless the game drags out and you have tanks on the field.
7. AT guns must never be sent alone.
8. You did not push North which was wide open, screw red cover, you need to make him send squads somewhere else so you have better chances of winning the main fight.
9. You did not Double BARS on Rifles which was a huge mistake.
10. Dodge rifle nades, the Gren will kneel and face your units' direction. Get out of cover immediately and come back in once the grenade has exploded. Your Cap got wiped because of it.
11. Panzer 4 was damaged at minute 18 yet you didn't snare it, and it even had the courtesy of driving right by your Rifles for a swift Bazooka/AT gun sex. Rifles have snares at vet 1, use them.
12. Your opponent made the mistake of going HMG in this map, too easily flanked and can't cover wide areas in middle of the map.
13. Rifles sent to die by mines which could have been avoided by your RE with sweepers, and yet you still insist on sweeping mines with your men. (Bottom fuel and top resource point)
14. Cap should not be upgraded with Zooks if you get AT gun, he is a very combat capable unit and should be given BARs instead unless you lost your RE or you didn't build an AT gun.
15. Rookie mistake of not finishing reinforcing multiple times throughout the match. Always have full squads and at full health.
16. Get an ambo if you have full-model, half-health squads. You have one such squad and you neglected to heal them, so they get clobbered by PzGrens.
17. Sherman did nothing useful. Could have pushed away his Pz4 and smoked his AT gun while Rifles focus fire Shrecked PzGrens.
18. You have 100 points left and he has triple cap yet still stalled for Pershing, should have just gotten a Jackson and pushed North to slow down VP bleed.

Thx for your help here.

/ Set green
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 27
Peru 10
unknown 8
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W