Login

russian armor

April 25th patch?

27 Apr 2017, 01:12 AM

Might just be today, but it seems like volks blobs are a lot more potent now. I've played several teamgames today and everyone has just been wiping the floor with volks blobs. I've tried mgs, I've tried indirect, I've even made a fucking m15. Needless to say, all were ineffectual. Did they nijabuff axis last patch or something? Or is it just me?
27 Apr 2017, 01:26 AM

I just played a 4v4 against you on hill 400 with 3xOKW.

On a map that small with so many OKW of course you are going to see crap tons of them. Your top side was just outplayed and we didn't lose many squads allowing us to go down and flank you and your buddy. The other hald of your team was just out played.

Don't know about the rest of your games though. Maybe give it more time.
27 Apr 2017, 01:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2017, 01:26 AMNano
I just played a 4v4 against you on hill 400 with 3xOKW.

On a map that small with so many OKW of course you are going to see crap tons of them. Your top side was just outplayed and we didn't lose many squads allowing us to go down and flank you and your buddy. The other hald of your team was just out played.

Don't know about the rest of your games though. Maybe give it more time.

Sure, our side got outplayed, and they were bad, awful even. But it got outplayed mostly by a bunch of blobbed up volks. Every game I played has been like that. Even when I invest in a .50 AND an m15 the blobs just run it over.
27 Apr 2017, 02:02 AM

Sure, our side got outplayed, and they were bad, awful even. But it got outplayed mostly by a bunch of blobbed up volks. Every game I played has been like that. Even when I invest in a .50 AND an m15 the blobs just run it over.

No very early on we whooped the Brit at top and the USF with him was slow to respond. He set up his Vikers, got flanked lost it and lost some of his other units then his USF buddy came in and got out numbered.

Mid to late game you were swarmed by Volks that is true, but that is because we took top with out much loss, I did see bottom seemed to be going either way; so we came down and flanked. It seemed to be all down hill from there.
27 Apr 2017, 02:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2017, 02:02 AMNano

No very early on we whooped the Brit at top and the USF with him was slow to respond. He set up his Vikers, got flanked lost it and lost some of his other units then his USF buddy came in and got out numbered.

Mid to late game you were swarmed by Volks that is true, but that is because we took top with out much loss, I did see bottom seemed to be going either way; so we came down and flanked. It seemed to be all down hill from there.

Heh. Down hill (bu dum chhhhhh). Still, you saw mid towards the end. That just shouldn't happen. There were literally like 50 volks just running around with stgs chucking flame nades everywhere and not even all my BAR rifles and a squad of rangers could hold them back. I couldn't even use cover because there were so many nades lol. I lost my Stuart because in attempting to back up from one blob and some grens on a flank, it ran smack into another three volks and a Sturm who fausted and shrecked it to death. I probably should've gone lt and built an hmg, but like I said, in the other game I got punished hard for doing that too.
27 Apr 2017, 02:29 AM

I'm a mainly axis player and I'm having a very hard time winning any 4v4's since the patch. Maybe bad luck? GCS stats don't look good for axis either.
27 Apr 2017, 02:34 AM

I'm a mainly axis player and I'm having a very hard time winning any 4v4's since the patch. Maybe bad luck? GCS stats don't look good for axis either.

Well about an hour ago, a mate and I played a 4v4 but two of our teammates dropped, and we absolutely roflstomped the 4 enemy players. They were pretty bad, but after about 3 minutes, I was just blobbing up all my infantry and sending them on their merry way and still had a shit ton of resources and kept beating the enemy with said "strategy". I'm gonna post a replay probably, if I get around to it.
Edit: *4v4 as axis, me okw and him ostheer.
27 Apr 2017, 11:35 AM

Might just be today, but it seems like volks blobs are a lot more potent now. I've played several teamgames today and everyone has just been wiping the floor with volks blobs. I've tried mgs, I've tried indirect, I've even made a fucking m15. Needless to say, all were ineffectual. Did they nijabuff axis last patch or something? Or is it just me?

Hey, we also played a game today, a 2v2. Well, the problem in our game was that you allowed us to have double ammunition so we could happily spam STGs. However, Volks are a very potent unit, which needs some changes. The veterancy should be changed maybe since they are very durable and also the flame nades should be taken into considerations. But when you speak about blob, you should not forget that OKW has no other infantry unit until late when the Flak HQ is up (or you get the overperforming Panzerfüsiliere).

Just in general, I feel more relaxed when playing OKW instead of Ost since your infantry (aka the Volks) are not as squishy as Ost infantry.
28 Apr 2017, 00:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2017, 11:35 AMGarrett

Hey, we also played a game today, a 2v2. Well, the problem in our game was that you allowed us to have double ammunition so we could happily spam STGs. However, Volks are a very potent unit, which needs some changes. The veterancy should be changed maybe since they are very durable and also the flame nades should be taken into considerations. But when you speak about blob, you should not forget that OKW has no other infantry unit until late when the Flak HQ is up (or you get the overperforming Panzerfüsiliere).

Just in general, I feel more relaxed when playing OKW instead of Ost since your infantry (aka the Volks) are not as squishy as Ost infantry.

If I'm not mistaken that's the game where we had a balance discussion afterward right?

Yeah but A) Stgs will be spammed anyway at only 60 muni (it was a blunder on our part, I think my teammate was out of his depth) and B) volks blobs really should be easily countered (easily as in not having to field suppression out the ass and covering each other, as I do now with stated LT build, or spamming rocket arty, which comes too late anyway and is doctrinal for brits and usf), since they are very easily made and won with. If it was that game, we did even manage to pin you guys to a medhq but blobs of volks combined with a rak pushed my M15 back each time, even with a .50 covering, which really shouldn't happen, since they're both dedicated suppression units.
28 Apr 2017, 04:49 AM

here is the problem

- replace flamenade with normal grenade
- if player target grenade to garrison building or emplacement unit will thrown flamenade
28 Apr 2017, 10:47 AM

blobbing is problem for all factions, its not just volks that are doing it and volks are no longer anti everything blobs, unlike USF and UKF blobs.

And after reading NANO's comment, guess it was nothing to do with blobbing, you just simply got outplayed.
28 Apr 2017, 13:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2017, 10:47 AMAlphrum
blobbing is problem for all factions, its not just volks that are doing it and volks are no longer anti everything blobs, unlike USF and UKF blobs.

And after reading NANO's comment, guess it was nothing to do with blobbing, you just simply got outplayed.

No it was blobbing and if you're talking about zook/piat blobs you probably got some more playing to do. Those things suck.
28 Apr 2017, 13:48 PM

here is the problem

- replace flamenade with normal grenade
- if player target grenade to garrison building or emplacement unit will thrown flamenade

That is actually one of the problems too. What do you do with your infantry when he has more with superior cover all the time?
28 Apr 2017, 15:34 PM

I haven't played OKW yet but I have played against them and with them and made two observations.
Volks are super strong with vet
50 cal can't seem to suppress anything in yellow cover
28 Apr 2017, 18:15 PM

If I'm not mistaken that's the game where we had a balance discussion afterward right?

Yeah but A) Stgs will be spammed anyway at only 60 muni (it was a blunder on our part, I think my teammate was out of his depth) and B) volks blobs really should be easily countered (easily as in not having to field suppression out the ass and covering each other, as I do now with stated LT build, or spamming rocket arty, which comes too late anyway and is doctrinal for brits and usf), since they are very easily made and won with. If it was that game, we did even manage to pin you guys to a medhq but blobs of volks combined with a rak pushed my M15 back each time, even with a .50 covering, which really shouldn't happen, since they're both dedicated suppression units.

Yeah, it was. Well, especially in early Volks are not very good but average at best. Actually that is the time that USF and UKF infantry should push back OKW (the early game is decided by Sturms, not Volks). And its not like allies dont have the tools to dispose of German infantry, like double lmgs/double bars, various indirect fire option, strong ai tanks, etc.
28 Apr 2017, 18:32 PM

No it was blobbing and if you're talking about zook/piat blobs you probably got some more playing to do. Those things suck.

says the one losing to volk blobs lol
29 Apr 2017, 01:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2017, 18:32 PMAlphrum

says the one losing to volk blobs lol

Ok snarky know it all pro, how do you play against 20min+ volks blobs? Don't say rocket arty, because that's doctrinal, don't say mgs, because those can't even suppress vet5 volks before they get wiped frontally, and don't say tanks, because then they got their own panther or kt behind it, and don't say make your own blob because they'll get stuka'd and rifle blobs bleed way harder and take 120 muni a pop for double bars (also, bobbling is stupid and I try to avoid it.
29 Apr 2017, 01:18 AM

I haven't played OKW yet but I have played against them and with them and made two observations.
Volks are super strong with vet
50 cal can't seem to suppress anything in yellow cover

Huh. That'... odd. I knew point one already lol, but point 2 is what I was referring to.
29 Apr 2017, 01:41 AM

Ok snarky know it all pro, how do you play against 20min+ volks blobs? Don't say rocket arty, because that's doctrinal, don't say mgs, because those can't even suppress vet5 volks before they get wiped frontally, and don't say tanks, because then they got their own panther or kt behind it, and don't say make your own blob because they'll get stuka'd and rifle blobs bleed way harder and take 120 muni a pop for double bars (also, bobbling is stupid and I try to avoid it.

Mines, (rocket) artillery.

The mines won't kill or wipe volks, but they can thin them out. Sturms are flimsy and expensive, so if you can remove them from the equation you're in a good situation.
29 Apr 2017, 03:19 AM

Mines, (rocket) artillery.

The mines won't kill or wipe volks, but they can thin them out. Sturms are flimsy and expensive, so if you can remove them from the equation you're in a good situation.

Huh. Mines usually get blown up by random explosives and are a bitch to plant in a place where a blob is gonna go. Also, USF, my main, doesn't get mines without doctrinal choice.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 82

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight