Login

russian armor

Replacement of old EFA abilities

17 Apr 2017, 12:44 PM

I think it would be not bad to think about new abilities instaed old useless for EFA factions (OST and Soviets).

Soviets:

"Flare mine" - it can stay only for engineers
Conscripts vet1 ability it would be passive "Fast building" - increase speed of sandbags and mines (Tank hunter doctrine) building to increase defensive ability of cons.

"Cap point" - T-34,IS-2,KV-1,KV-8,KV-2,T-70. Only one unit have this ability in right place and this happy one is T-70.
T-34 - i thought about ability to "Repair engine" - crew will be repair engine and tank can't do anytihing else in this time, also crew will be high vulnerable (like ability to reair crits in ST doctrine). From one side it will increase of usefull of Ram and vige you chance to rescue your tank. From other side unaccurate usage will be hard punish, one penetration and you tank was abandoned or will had chance to fully destroyed (even if health maximum).
IS-2 - 2 variants. 1 - "throw RGD grenade" from hatche (historically accurate, IS-2 crew could throw grenades from hatches and holes to defend tank). 2 - "Concrete piercing shot" like ISU-152 have (historically unaccurate, because IS-2 had only AP and HE rounds, but very good fit with tole of IS-2 as breakthrough tank).
KV-1 - boost aura for infantry to fit with soviet combined army style.
KV-8 - "Wall of fire" ability similar to btit Centaur, it will give you opportunity to fill area with fire.
KV-2 - i don't know exactly, but it can be "Concrete piercing shot".

OST:
Very one ability that useless it "Medkit" from grenadiers. All OST smart players build medbunkers for healing. Ability to heal at ammo is awfull for such ammo starve nation like OST.
2 variants:
Passive "Increased range of sight" it will give OST more knowledge about battlefield.
"Emergency Aid" - you can rescue 1 wounded soldier (guy that crawling on the ground and only Axis factions) and return him to squad of grenadiers, ability must be had timer (like USF crew have) and can be interrupt by enemy fire (wounded soldier will die in such case and you lost ammo). IT will increase durability of grenadiers.

You can offer your variants of abilities and units (maybe i missed someone).

17 Apr 2017, 12:56 PM

Vet abilities and veterancy bonuses for EFA needs to be looked at and fast.

Imo most vet abilities should scale with veterancy.
17 Apr 2017, 13:01 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

17 Apr 2017, 13:10 PM

Do not remove medkits the allow my grens to fight for longer time in the lategame2
17 Apr 2017, 13:14 PM
Donator 22

IMO medkit is good ability after last patch, i use it near by every game.

medkits are great now, no doubt about that. But having medkits on all your Infantry is boring and lame design. At the very least Panzergrenadiers should have another ability. In my opinion, only pios and osttruppen should have medkits, to strengthen their role as Support units. Other infantry should have different abilities, to improve their role as well as their uniqueness.
Same goes for Blitzkrieg. Having it on almost every tank is boring. At least Ostwind could use something else.

17 Apr 2017, 13:15 PM

The IS-2 for crew self-defense had 12 F-1 hand grenades and was equipped signal pistol.

And I agree with Osinyagov, I constantly use first aid kits.
17 Apr 2017, 13:22 PM

because i read kv1 again. this is a forgotten unit which has been left behind and needs a buff badly. apparently nobody cares and its also out of school. thanks lelic
17 Apr 2017, 13:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2017, 12:44 PMMaret

Very one ability that useless it "Medkit" from grenadiers.

A smarter Ostheer player would know to use Medkit wisely to keep his troops on the front all the time, rather than pull them back all the way to base, render them no where near the frontline for up to 30 seconds, and you are literally 1 squad less fighting the enemy.

Don't underestimate the power of the new medkit (Yes, the new one. The previous one was sh*t, I agree, but this one is way much better). Of course, you'll need med bunker later on, but that doesn't make medkit useless. It give you the power to keep squads on the field much longer, rather than constantly retreating due to low health, combine that with command bunker or 251, your army can maintain a formidable frontline presence.

The only thing I would suggest to change is the Infantry Awareness on the 251. The ability fits the 222 since the 222 is a reconnaissance vehicle, but not the 251. Maybe give the 251 the ability to passively deal a small amount of suppression (Similar to that in CoH1). ‎
17 Apr 2017, 13:49 PM

I agree that after making WFA heavy tanks using hatch grenades IS-2 should also be able to do this, the question is: are the animations there?
17 Apr 2017, 14:10 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I agree that after making WFA heavy tanks using hatch grenades IS-2 should also be able to do this, the question is: are the animations there?

Yes, it should be possible, but it might look a little wonky if the pintle DShK is upgraded. You'd have to disable the MG, make the gunner duck down, fire the grenade, have the gunner come back up and then re-enable the MG.
17 Apr 2017, 14:12 PM

medkits are great now, no doubt about that. But having medkits on all your Infantry is boring and lame design. At the very least Panzergrenadiers should have another ability. In my opinion, only pios and osttruppen should have medkits, to strengthen their role as Support units. Other infantry should have different abilities, to improve their role as well as their uniqueness.
Same goes for Blitzkrieg. Having it on almost every tank is boring. At least Ostwind could use something else.

PGs can have the ability to repair, many doctrines give the ability to conscripts to repair, plus the Soviet windustry repair post.

Wehr currently has no other way of repairing except for pioneers.
17 Apr 2017, 14:28 PM

PGs can have the ability to repair, many doctrines give the ability to conscripts to repair, plus the Soviet windustry repair post.

How would you implement this?
17 Apr 2017, 14:32 PM

Another good sugestion is a 3-second sprint with a 30sec. cooldown. Good for flanking maneuvers, closing on an enemy or running to cover.
17 Apr 2017, 14:38 PM

As stated above the new Medkits on Grenadiers are actually rather good now (especially times when you have 4 models but 50% health). Rather the problem is that EVERYTHING has Medkits (or Flare Mines in the case of Soviets). I'd say it makes more sense to design new abilities for Doctrinal and Elite Units because you don't really need Med Kits on Panzergrens, Stormtroopers, Etc. as its very redundant and would encourage more diverse army compositions.

17 Apr 2017, 16:22 PM
Patrion 14

cap points for sov tanks might not 'make sense', but it is extremely useful ability. also flare mines.

this is personal suggestions and is not really critical in any sense.
17 Apr 2017, 16:32 PM
Donator 22

Another good sugestion is a 3-second sprint with a 30sec. cooldown. Good for flanking maneuvers, closing on an enemy or running to cover.

I don´t think that's a good idea. Panzergrenadiere are already quite powerful and to give them a tool to quickly reposition themselves would make them really broken against certain factions. Infantry Section would be absolutely demolished and don't even start with conscripts. Sprint plus the bundlenade is the death of every team weapon. Also, sprint in combination with Schrecks doesn't sound well. And finally, it would overlap with certain commanders.

If PGrens receive a new Vet ability it shouldn't be a raw combat buff. It should reinforce the design of Ostheer as combined arms. Also be aware of the two roles, one without schrecks one with them.
I generally like the Idea of making them able to repair vehicles but it should come with the schreck upgrade. Pgrens without schrecks should receive a more infantry oriented ability. Miragefla experimented once in his mod with a damage buff similar to the okw officier. It might be a bit too good but in my opinion that's the sort of ability they need.
17 Apr 2017, 16:32 PM

"Capture point" is useful for T-70 and T-34. But the T-34 ability "Rum" I would be replaced by "Jerk" - increase speed and tower rotation speed, accuracy reduction
17 Apr 2017, 17:26 PM

Im still waiting for doctrinal abilities patch.
So many of them simply sit in corner and cry :foreveralone:
17 Apr 2017, 21:41 PM

How would you implement this?

Like I've done with my mod?

They'll basically be your T2 combat pioneers that can only repair, and if you further want to make it vehicle specific, I'd make it so you wouldn't be able to repair structures, the same as the Infantry Section repair that's only for structures.

It would help with the Ostheer's lack of repair capabilities compared to everyone else and create a new synergy between the PGs and Ostheer Armor, I mean, they are PANZERgrenadiers after all.

So a no vet/vet 1 repair ability that can only repair vehicles doesn't sound too bad to me, of course they won't be able to heal so you won't be able to entirely rely on them as your only infantry if you wanna go tank heavy, unless they also retain their med kits of course.

Edit: And yes, it's partially due to nostalgia from CoH where I used to love PGs and the Panzer Elite there.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS