Login

russian armor

USF need changues & remake commanders

11 Apr 2017, 19:44 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Suggestions.PART I

One more topic about X unit needs a buff/nerf :rolleyes:
These are suggestions for US design, there isn't a discussion about up/op units:

-Give Mines(ofAssEngi) for Echelon troops, results:
1st elimination of few Riflemen from his blob, incorporating Echelon Troops.
2nd opens the window of opportunity to more commanders

-Cheaper technology at the level of the other factions, results:
1st Purchase officers independently, this lowers tech costs.
2st Elimination of fewRiflemen from his blob, incorporating tech Troops (MGS, M20, ATguns, etc).
3rd Elimination of linear strategy (Riflemen, Riflemen, repeat, repeat etc) opens the window of opportunity to more strategies.

Suggestions.PART II
This suggestion was brief (PartI) but to detect these bugs and try to solve it has been extended to improve other factions.
The important is to get the idea, the changes can be other.

-Give reconPaSS to FieldOfficerWEHR, SturmOfficerOKW (like AirlandingBRIT and MajorUS),
Swap recons commanders per other units/abilities, results:

1st Remove this bugged ability; The recon P47 overview of its own circle-reticle and when turning
it does in a larger circle by what makes it extremely OP. http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170328/fgtbnw3l.jpg
2nd Swap recons the eliminate great support for artillery in team games.
3nd You can not see back the enemy reaching advanced positions
4th You eliminate factions that can not defend themselves against planes recon and faction that they can. Now it's equally now.
5th To be pass-recon you would only see a line of fow not a large circular extension.
6th In US forces you release 3 slots to replace them by Persings or Elite troops. Necessary upper numbers of heavy in proportion
to be on the level of other factions. http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170328/fnp6526s.jpg
7th "Recon Support Company" have ReconPass, this should replace recon of the Major. 80MU cost. US does not have
non-doctrinal units like sniper or Tracking su85. Therefore, it would help a lot.
8th In WEHR you release 7 slots to replace them by Tigers or Elite troops. Necessary upper numbers of heavy in proportion
to be on the level of other factions.
9th In WEHR you (CAS commander) Swap reconPass to replace them by Elite troops. This eliminates a lot of power to CAS.
And the reconPass gives it to FieldOfficerWEHR. 80MU cost.
10th In SOV you release 4 slots to replace them by IS2 or T34/85. Necessary upper numbers of heavy in proportion
to be on the level of other factions. Maybe Shock troops with flares in vet1
11th In OKW you release 1 slots to replace them by Elite troops. Eliminate FlaresArty ability. Give reconPass to SturmOfficerOKW
to be on the level of other factions. 80MU cost.
12th In Brit Swap recon Command Vehicle by flares mortarSOV. 80MU cost. I suppose was nerfing bonus and fixed penalized speed.

PartII in short: eliminate recon circle(All), flaresartyOKW . This would allow to have many free slots for swaps by units dispatch.
Give ReconPass to officers FieldOfficerWEHR, SturmOfficerOKW, MajorUS. All like AirlandingBRIT.
Resurrected commanders with these changes.
11 Apr 2017, 20:51 PM
Donator 33

Wrong, only wher was allowed to get T0 mg42 for diverse strategy. Your idea would mean USF players would become confused and disoriented by having another unit to open with. GCS stats show USF is overpowerforming anyway.
11 Apr 2017, 22:58 PM

As long as the Western Front faction infantry squads remain 5-man and retain their absurd durability/damage compared to the original factions, they will always be overperforming.

USF infantry can push an Ostheer player into his base and lock him there in the first couple minutes of a match, and the same goes for OKW vs Soviets, though Volksgrenadiers for some reason only have the durability of Western Fronts factions without the insane damage output that Riflemen have up close.

But even then, it's just different pairs of factions from two different games stuck into a single game and allowed to play against non-meshing factions. As long as this remains the case, balance will remain a dream.
11 Apr 2017, 23:31 PM

i would simply love to see any kind of AT in the T2... and no, 50 cal with ap rounds does not counter luchs and flamer HT properly.. its just the meta rush for captain with bazooka, at gun AND stuart, in T2 you only have the pudding 50 cal with ap rounds. wow :guyokay:
11 Apr 2017, 23:57 PM

I may not agree but I will give you props for well thought out and detailed posts. I like it when people try to contribute in productive ways.

If there is to be a fix for recon it needs to be a volume fix, against a British who spams the plane all you hear is this annoying buzzing noise non-stop, it's super distracting.
12 Apr 2017, 01:14 AM

The idea about officers seems interesting to me. There's a lot of times I think "man I wish I had some more manpower for a pack howie or a .50 (or an m20 cuz those things are wayyyy overpriced), but no, gotta have 4 rifle squads (counting officers) at the bare minimum to even survive, which is a huge mp drain, since there's no way you can maintain field control with less than 3 rifle squads up until 50-60 fuel, so I think more teching flexibility would really help. Maybe even make major tier more fuel to compensate.
12 Apr 2017, 01:26 AM

Lieutenant and Captain costing 100mp and not calling in a free squad really opens up USF a whole lot.

Way more than messing with T0 anything.

I agree that Rear Echelon should get mines. If it's so important that they don't initially get mines, they should either get flamethrowers as an upgrade, or the minesweeper upgrade should unlock minelaying.
12 Apr 2017, 01:31 AM

Lieutenant and Captain costing 100mp and not calling in a free squad really opens up USF a whole lot.

Way more than messing with T0 anything.

I agree that Rear Echelon should get mines. If it's so important that they don't initially get mines, they should either get flamethrowers as an upgrade, or the minesweeper upgrade should unlock minelaying.

+1

I would add maybe reducing the fuel cost by 10-15 as well for both tiers and adding that price to he major to make t3 come at the same time.
12 Apr 2017, 02:01 AM

One could also eliminate the 5man vet 3 on REs for the flamethrower/minelaying and transfer that onto Assault Engies.

Both WFA armies have design flaws almost entirely tied to their teching (or lack thereof).

Making the LT and Captain not free also allows for their unique abilities and upgrades to be weighed on. This works well for the Captain as it currently exists. But I feel like the LT might need something to make it a worthwhile squad over riflemen who get AT nades with vet. Perhaps access to frag and smoke grenades without an upgrade, I dunno. That vet 3 sprint is nice though...
12 Apr 2017, 03:07 AM

I love how people use their time to write useless change requests rather then learning to play.
12 Apr 2017, 04:02 AM
Senior Editor Badge

I love how people use their time to write useless change requests rather then learning to play.

rekt.

But in all seriousness, what's wrong with non-doctrinal general purpose mines for USF?

I don't think it's erroneous to say that UKF/USF/OKW are all poorly designed factions and should have greater tech diversity and that all factions should have access to the same equipment - mortar, MG, mines, AT gun - in a non-restrictive manner.
12 Apr 2017, 06:04 AM

I was under the impression that the USF was at the same tech costs as anybody else (minus maybe Brits w/out sidetech). Shuffling costs could be interesting to make them more flexible in their openings, but the less intrusive way would be to fix the USF's terrible Commander roster (the obvious three withstanding). WC51s, AssEngies, Pathfinders and Flamer REs all provide alternatives to the Rifle Rifle Rifle Rifle openeing, but are either utter crap, in a lackluster doctrine or both.
12 Apr 2017, 06:11 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

All factions have no doc mines this would allow more strategies with commanders

12 Apr 2017, 08:16 AM

I just think USF commanders need a remake, especially Mechanized, Recon and perhaps Rifle Companies.

Rifle is just good for spamming E8s and nothing more.
12 Apr 2017, 08:41 AM

Airborne too need some thing too
12 Apr 2017, 08:59 AM

USF need change, conscript need too, UKF need change also, ... The whole game is messed up.

First relic started by releasing an unfinished game, wihch had already balance issue. But instead of fixing it, they kept selling new OP commanders making balance even more fcked up.
3 long years of money whoring instead of fixing their game !

At this point, i think it's better for everyone not happy with current balance state to leave this game and start again with another game company.
I heard that EUGEN made a new game on WWII, should definately check that :)
12 Apr 2017, 09:06 AM

I heard that EUGEN made a new game on WWII, should definately check that :)

Steel divsion 1944 AKA Wargame WWII

Not COH Style
12 Apr 2017, 15:10 PM

Not COH Style

It's tactical, skill based and balanced so we both agree that it's definately not COH ...

My point is that it's very enjoyable to play, and has many charactericstic like coh:

WWII
Different playstyle according to the commander (division in Steel division, around 20 including SS panzer and many other famous).
Cover & stealth mecanics
retreat mechanics

before being a kid and saying "it's not coh so it's garbage", take some time to look at it. It's almost 90% coh like, just a bit more tactical.
12 Apr 2017, 15:34 PM

not garbage but i need some time to L2P form start

-----
back to topic

What about Pack howi
compare ISG
Cost Isg Cheaper
Range Pack 160 in barrage shot ISG 100 in barrage
shot per barrage Pack 3 shot Isg 4 shot
Cooldown pack 60 sec ISG 30 sec
12 Apr 2017, 19:11 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge