Login

russian armor

Inconsistencies that should be fixed

4 Apr 2017, 17:08 PM

List of things that could be fixed:
  • Inconsistencies

• Brit Sandbags, IIRC, have more health than the ones for the other factions

• Brit trenches have a size of 2 vs 22 for others

• Valentine is the only light tank to have crush and one of the highest rotation rates

• Valentine pop too high at 12

• Heroic charge is cheaper and way strong than other munition boosts such as the Arty Officer's Concentrate Fire ability.

• For some reason, its impossible to repair a damaged glider.

• B4 costs 20 pop, dramatically higher than the other howitzers

• Maxim and puppchen has the deathloop and motorcycle pathing, unlike the other MGs.

• Dank Hunter AT barrage has heavy enough scatter that most grenades won't hit a static target at short range.

• ZiS guns (and USF M1s) enter crawl mode when moving through crater cover.

• -Lend Lease Guards in a Halftrack arrive at 5cp, significantly later than any other Halftrack battlegroup.

• USF AT grenade and Panzer fusiliers has a minimal range.

• USF Recon paras have the same vet as their Airborne cousins, but their vet heals don't work.

• Heavy Cav smoke arrives at 1cp and drops instantly. Ostheer smoke planes take time to arrive and come at 4cp.

• USF Recon Runs (and Soviet) will reveal cloaked units. Ostheer ones don't. No clue on Brits or OKW.

• The tooltips and icons for the Mechanized M3 show it arriving at 3cp. Its actually unlocked at 2.

• Fusiliers only cost 6 pop.

• Jagdtiger vet 5 literally does nothing.

• Ostheer Halftrack Grens still have their Vet2 bonus range on Rifle Grenade.

• Centaur gun has some of the lowest penalties when firing on units in cover

• 120mm mortar can survive with a crew of 1

• M10 rotation rate allow it to crush infantry to easily

• T34/76 rotation rate allow it to crush infantry to easily

• Churchill rotation rate, acceleration, deceleration are to high

• OKW thorough salvage takes around 20 secs too long compared to allied ones.

• Soviet engineer salvage kits to expensive for what the provide

• Soviet "Armor vehicle detection" and AT stormtroopers too expensive compared to the "Tank Hunter Infantry Section Detection"

• Tank traps come to late for non USF faction.

• Tank traps are built way too fast compared to wire or reinforced wire

• UKF "destroy cover" ability can be a very powerful ability that cost nothing

• Demo charges vs Goliath. Goliath explosion does less damage if shot demo charge do more.

• HMG34 crew is more expensive to reinforce than HMG42 crew

• tanks that can damage only infantry vet too slow

• Researching Ostheer battle-phases awards no CP.

• Some unit do not get veternacy like 250/S.Officer/251/20

• UKF artillery does very little friendly damage

• UKF 6 pounder has more accuracy via target tables(?)

• repair speed across factions

• Forward retreat points give a massive advantage to WFA and their should be some limitations.

• Vet bonuses

• SU-85/M36/M10 and especially Firefly all get accuracy bonuses while their chance to hit is already very high.

• Stug -E and -G get armor at vet 2 that simply does not help them allot

original post(a very big thanks to Waegukin for bringing allot of the issues.)

• Most vet abilities/vet abilities should scale with veterancy

• Sprint ability (officers/PF/Obers) should be a timed ability

• suppresion for Obers should be a timed ability

4 Apr 2017, 17:32 PM

I would add Assault Engineers Vet 1 ability be changed from Crit Repair for something more useful, why give this useless ability when Vehicle Crews already have that and its even non-doctrinal.

Also Medkit for Gren Vet 1 is like what? At least the Vet 1 Rifles get AT snares but why medkits if you can just build a Med Bunker at base?
4 Apr 2017, 17:35 PM
Donator 11

Your second point it wrong. It's the only mortar that survives with a a crew of one. All mgs survive with such crew and mgs are also support weapons.

There is a much bigger offender than 120mm mortar in the game though: the pack howitzer. Not only it dies under 3 men instead of standard 2, but also has 6 men crew while every other american support weapon has 4.
JB.
4 Apr 2017, 17:38 PM

Sturm Officers don't have Vet, when all other command units in the game do.
4 Apr 2017, 17:53 PM

BRACE. A game set in the 1940's, yet future alien like technology exists.
4 Apr 2017, 18:20 PM

BRACE. A game set in the 1940's, yet future alien like technology exists.

lol +1
Relic should give that magic "brace" ability to all fortifications (pak43, bunkers, etc) or to none. Why only Brits? Completily nonsense.
4 Apr 2017, 20:05 PM

There is a much bigger offender than 120mm mortar in the game though: the pack howitzer. Not only it dies under 3 men instead of standard 2, but also has 6 men crew while every other american support weapon has 4.

It has 6 men because it decrews at 3, since the Pack Howitzer is too big for a 2 man crew to operate.
4 Apr 2017, 21:39 PM
Donator 11

It has 6 men because it decrews at 3, since the Pack Howitzer is too big for a 2 man crew to operate.

Yet, at the moment, this is the biggest inconsistency in the game. If only the LeIG also had same values one could see it as a new type of unit that has different properties, but if it's only one unit then it's nothing more than an inconsistency.
5 Apr 2017, 06:20 AM

-Brit Sandbags, IIRC, have more health than the ones for the other factions
-Brit trenches have a size of 2 vs 22 for others
-Valentine is the only light tank to have crush
-6Pdr arbitrarily has a 50% accuracy boost versus vehicles.
-Heroic charge is cheaper and way strong than other muni boosts such as the Arty Officer's Concentrate Fire ability.
-Vanguard HQ costs only 40 more MP than the weaker Commando Regiment glider. Commando Regiment glider also arrives at 4cp, a full CP later than most other Elite Infantry and pays a higher infiltration premium than other squads.
-For some reason, its impossible to repair a damaged glider.
-Airburst shells, despite how they're advertised, have the same AoE or thereabouts to normal 25Pdr shells. Their "only" strength over normal shells is precision accuracy.

-B4 costs 20 pop, dramatically higher than the other howitzers
-Maxim has the deathloop and motorcycle pathing, unlike the other MGs.
-Dank Hunter AT barrage has heavy enough scatter that most grenades won't hit a static target at short range.
-M42 AT guns have less pen than an anti-tank rifle
-ZiS guns (and USF M1s) enter crawl mode when moving through crater cover.
-Lend Lease Guards in a Halftrack arrive at 5cp, significantly later than any other Halftrack battlegroup.

-USF AT grenade has a minimal range. It also has the most insanely subtle animation in the game that someone had to tell me its there and not bugged.
-USF Sherman pintles cost 70muni instead of 60. IDK if they perform better than the MG42 pintles, which would justify the cost, but thought I'd mention it.
-USF Recon paras have the same vet as their Airborn cousins, but their vet heals don't work.
-Pack Howie crew size
-Heavy Cav smoke arrives at 1cp and drops instantly. Ostheer smoke planes take time to arrive and come at 4cp.
-USF Recon Runs (and Soviet) will reveal cloaked units. Ostheer ones don't. No clue on Brits or OKW.
-A few USF recon abilities are immune to AA fire.
-The tooltips and icons for the Mechanized M3 show it arriving at 3cp. Its actually unlocked at 2.

-Fusiliers only cost 6 pop.
-Jagdtiger vet 5 literally does nothing.

-Ostheer Halftrack Grens still have their Vet2 bonus range on Rifle Grenade.
-Stuka CAS outperforms its equivalents (P47s) while costing 40 less muni.

-WFA rocket arty profiles are much different than EFA ones and behave differently when things like cover are involved. WFA vet also tends to be much better, eg. Calliope's smooth cooldown growth or LM's 20% bonus damage at vet 2.
5 Apr 2017, 06:23 AM

Thanks very much I will try to create a list in OP but it might not include everything people contribute.
5 Apr 2017, 06:39 AM

I would add Assault Engineers Vet 1 ability be changed from Crit Repair for something more useful, why give this useless ability when Vehicle Crews already have that and its even non-doctrinal.

Also Medkit for Gren Vet 1 is like what? At least the Vet 1 Rifles get AT snares but why medkits if you can just build a Med Bunker at base?

Because you have no forward retreat point which means that vs double wielding allied forces a retreat every minute or so to the base sector just to heal. Meanwhile Brits and USF can just safely pull back to their closer FRT and simply heal and be back waiting for your fresh grens.
5 Apr 2017, 07:02 AM

Funny thing is that the Pak40 German AT Gun weighed about 1.400 kilograms and still can be moved ingame by two men :snfPeter:
Vaz
5 Apr 2017, 07:31 AM

Funny thing is that the Pak40 German AT Gun weighed about 1.400 kilograms and still can be moved ingame by two men :snfPeter:

I don't know metric, but I had that converted to pounds and I got 3lbs. I know that this at gun had to weight more than 3 pounds, so your number is off. Tell us how many men would be needed to move a pak40.
5 Apr 2017, 07:34 AM

That is actually around 3.000 pounds but pls contribute something useful...
5 Apr 2017, 07:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2017, 07:31 AMVaz
I don't know metric, but I had that converted to pounds and I got 3lbs. I know that this at gun had to weight more than 3 pounds, so your number is off. Tell us how many men would be needed to move a pak40.

Some backwards parts of the world mistakenly use "." instead of "," to mark thousandths, causing confusion over whether or not they mean thousand (1,005 cupcakes) or thousandth (1.005 cupcakes, basically a cupcake and a crumb).

:hansREKT:
Vaz
5 Apr 2017, 07:44 AM

Oh 3 thousand pounds, so it's like a fucking car. I could be in better shape and I can push a car on my own. So if I was in better shape and had the help of another guy in great shape and both of us had all kinds of adrenaline because we thought we were about to die, I think we could move that gun, just the two of us. I'm sure WM had some sort of standard practice of how many men should move it, I'd still like to know.
5 Apr 2017, 08:10 AM

For me the whole game doesn't make any sense. lul
5 Apr 2017, 08:26 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

IMO, this thread a little bit to early. Untill the end of the April, when Balance team can concentrate on making new general patch.
At the moment all this conversations about inconsistencies are out of scope of the current patch (GCS patch).
5 Apr 2017, 08:45 AM

IMO, this thread a little bit to early. Untill the end of the April, when Balance team can concentrate on making new general patch.
At the moment all this conversations about inconsistencies are out of scope of the current patch (GCS patch).

It seem that the goal of the next patch is decided before the previous patch is released. That why imo the next patch (not GCS patch) should only fix major balance issue if there any and focus on the big number of small issue that exist.
5 Apr 2017, 10:03 AM
Donator 11

Pak43 weighted aroung 4 000kg (10 000lb) and in game it can be rotated by two man crew as well :snfPeter:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★