Login

russian armor

Things you wish your 2v2 random mate knew

15 Mar 2017, 12:54 PM

Please try to keep it constructive. I'll start.

1. Two strategic points are pretty much equal to one fuel (+6 vs +7), even before counting the munitions income. Spending the first 6 minutes throwing manpower at the enemy who's camping the fuel while there's a blank strat point next to your base is suboptimal.

2. Speaking of resources, multiple caches early on are all fine and dandy until you realize they gift half the map to your opponent and potentially leave your mate to 2v1, losing you the other half. If you don't like using infantry, CoH is not your game.

3. If the opposing team shifts flanks behind the fog and double you, you will need to stand your ground for a while until your mate can help, or pull out immediately. Unlike DoW, units in CoH can't teleport, regardless of how hard you spam the flare and "both here were are u". Don't complain if you don't keep track of what's where, and your retreat path.
15 Mar 2017, 14:21 PM

All of these are mostly associated with new players, I haven't seen anyone with above 200-300 hours do those things.

Not that I check the hours of every person I play with but it's noticable if they're new or not.
15 Mar 2017, 14:30 PM

I was preaching all three of presented points to my mates time to time when they do these mistakes. These are 100% applicable to 4v4 as well.

It's good to know that there is someone, who come to same ideas.

I'd like to throw in a point:

- if your teammate going glasscanon composition (early sniper, early mortar), then don't rush into enemy MGs. You risk ending up retreating and leaving your teammate without cover for sniper (he can't cover himself because of manpower issues early).
He should take MGs down or lure the rest of enemy forced into your positions.
15 Mar 2017, 14:51 PM

4. If you want some really hard nonmeta, ask mate(mates) at the start if they are able to cover you or not
16 Mar 2017, 01:07 AM

Communicate plans early on. If you're hellbent on pursuing a specific build order or commander, let me know. I try to communicate my build order or commander picks as much as possible. I mean, if you're going to Guard Motor or Special Ops or something, then I may not. I might go for an IS2 commander or any commander with offmap arti as a result.

Sometimes I wish there was a 5-30 second prematch period after the load screen in teamgames so players could coordinate a plan.
16 Mar 2017, 01:46 AM
Donator 11

“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” Quote from Bruce Lee

I wish some people could understand this applies to strategy as well. Basically pick and choose your battles, just because you think throwing more manpower at one point is a good idea, it can lose you the game.
16 Mar 2017, 03:31 AM

Communicate plans early on. If you're hellbent on pursuing a specific build order or commander, let me know. I try to communicate my build order or commander picks as much as possible. I mean, if you're going to Guard Motor or Special Ops or something, then I may not. I might go for an IS2 commander or any commander with offmap arti as a result.

Sometimes I wish there was a 5-30 second prematch period after the load screen in teamgames so players could coordinate a plan.

i really like this idea. 30 seconds before the match... especially one that shows you where the hell you're starting from... would be fantastic for encouraging teamplay and larger strategy vs the "side by side 1v1" thing that a lot of people end up doing.
17 Mar 2017, 01:00 AM

I hate when " I have 2 opponents now! where are you mate??" , unfortunately my infantry squads have 2 legs, not space rockets on their feet. Preserve units, retreat or something else, and i will cap the empty part of the map. Sometimes is better put pressure capping free points. But use 2 mins to send units at your mate already on retreat then retreat all your army too vs 2 opponents, seems to be very popular.
18 Mar 2017, 06:25 AM

Please try to keep it constructive. I'll start.

1. Two strategic points are pretty much equal to one fuel (+6 vs +7), even before counting the munitions income. Spending the first 6 minutes throwing manpower at the enemy who's camping the fuel while there's a blank strat point next to your base is suboptimal.

Wait. Do u claim that VPs give resource points?
18 Mar 2017, 14:52 PM

Wait. Do u claim that VPs give resource points?

I don't think he is. The standard resource territory points provide both fuel and munitions. Contesting a fuel point instead of securing one or two of these territory points is highly inefficient.

However in annihilation mode matches all VPs are converted into standard resource territory points.
18 Mar 2017, 15:20 PM

I usually do not write anything in team games at all, besides the standard 'hey mate hf gl'.

You usually get 3 types of mates:

a) The guy who doesn't write anything but plays very descent, pings from time to time to warn you and also likes to support you.

b) The guy that has no plan, writes 'what are we going to do?', starts a chatty conversation about where you are from, loses a few squads and leaves after a few minutes.

c) The guy who does not suck that bad but starts flaming you from the start, calling you a gardening nice guy and either leaves, blaming you or manages to win flaming you. In the end you see that you lost half as much squads as he did and you did more than double the damage.

I simply want the ability to mute players.
If you are a hard boiled egg like me and play 2v2 Random Mates all the time, you know that you will never ever be able to communicate a nice strategy (besides which side you take) over chat. In 99% of the time, chat is simply abused for stupid flaming.
18 Mar 2017, 18:01 PM
Donator 11

That point with helping across a the map....

Just had this guy, who double and triple pinged the whole game for anything he spotted on his opponent.
Telling hims thats this is kinda irritating doesn't mak him to stop. :D

Then he loses squads by alot, instead of soft retreat he sacrifices everything because i'm currently not helping him within a minute across the entire map, destroying tanks at that exact moent on my side...While leading 450 vps to 60 vps and having 2\3rd of the map. All of this obvs with the default pinging pattern of his. ^_^

if i could get him somekind of reward for teammate of the year, that would be awesome. A special kind of player i guess, living in bizarro world.. /rant

OT: WHat i want to to know? .It starts with multiple pinging, and help won't come exclusivley fo him sometimes. Goes over to retreating basics, esp. when you on the lead (why sacrifice stuff at this point?)
AAnnd maybe...maybe i not bringing real life problems into a teamgame. :loco:
18 Mar 2017, 19:30 PM

Please don't build nothing just to then pop out a KT when the game is already over/enemy has a swarm of t34/85s and comets by then... as I see most ransoms do
19 Mar 2017, 21:52 PM

The teammate who decides to shift and drag a tank trap build order across the entire map.
19 Mar 2017, 22:08 PM

To be familiar with maps.
22 Mar 2017, 12:18 PM

Please don't build nothing just to then pop out a KT when the game is already over/enemy has a swarm of t34/85s and comets by then... as I see most ransoms do

Those okw players are the worst. the best thing you can do is watch his build and support your teamate while putting defence in your own cut point.
23 Mar 2017, 21:45 PM

1/ DON'T BUILD only an infantry blob.
2/ Don't send your infantry blob without scouting.
3/ Don't let your blob die to mgs.
4/ Don't ask for surrender 10mns in the game.
5/ Don't call your teammate a "noob" because his army is still alive.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★