russian armor

Why do you like Coh2?

2 Mar 2017, 13:50 PM

2 Mar 2017, 14:29 PM

1) different army=different gameplay
2) unpredictable results of each combat
3) voice acting and quotes
4) the entire system: buildings, abilities, veterancy, suppresion
5) "WOW moments" with democharges, sturmtiger shots, blob wipes, ...
2 Mar 2017, 14:29 PM

Gameplay, more content, workshop.

I like the original because of it's sort of better balance and design choices, Army and unit character, soundtrack, atmosphere and darker graphics.
2 Mar 2017, 14:32 PM

2 Mar 2017, 14:45 PM

I can play as the Americans and kill evil Nazis!
2 Mar 2017, 14:53 PM

It´s the best strategy game (series) I know.

1) In other RTS games you always build units, send them at each other and they die. CoH has fast paced combat, micromanagement, an excellent cover and supression system and flanking features. Also you are forced to cap the map and can´t rely on building something in your base to gather ressources. This leads to the most intense RTS experience I know.

2) I´m interested in WW2.

3) Best voicelines. And an enourmous amount of them.

4) It depicts all sides as soldiers. It´s not your standard: "Gurmuns are ivil"-bullshit.

Thus the series combines everything I´m interested in.

2 Mar 2017, 14:57 PM

- WWII
- team play with friends
- very long learning curve
2 Mar 2017, 15:11 PM

I ask myself that more and more lately...
2 Mar 2017, 15:17 PM

Wasted potential. Very relatable to me.

:p
2 Mar 2017, 15:23 PM

The only thing that keeps me from switching is the cover system, which is unique in Relic games.

If Iron Harvest is going to implement something similar (which they probably will as they use CoH as their main inspiration), I'll be gone.
2 Mar 2017, 15:42 PM

The infantry combat (directional cover, suppression, squad based, preservation focused) and the vehicle combat (armor/penetration, facing, immunity to small arms). The team weapons system (recapturing, set-up, facing). The perfect blend between tactics and strategy. Voice acting and atmosphere. No dumb macro ala Starcraft. Stormless & A_E.
2 Mar 2017, 16:05 PM
Donator 11

• WWII
  • King of Hill style resource gain aka no gathers
  • Unique mechanics: Cover, retreat, vault & true sight

2 Mar 2017, 16:45 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I love the mechanics and especially the infantry engagements in the game.

They cut out all the bullshit in other RTS like resource gathering and microing a hundred units in a blob. The game is stripped down to intensely microing a few, key units in quick engagements instead of being a test of who can command people to chop down wood the fastest. CoH is more focused on making fewer, smarter choices than your opponent.

Also really like the setting; sci-fi and fantasy are gross.

I may bitch about CoH2 and Relic a lot but that's because i still see where the game can improve and be even better.
2 Mar 2017, 18:13 PM

1) Cover system
2) Team weapons with limited arc of fire
3) Suppression mechanic
4) Squad-based unit command
5) Low amount of units to control
6) Resources are scattered around map, so you have actually leave base
7) WWII setting (I thought to add "that includes Eastern Front" at first, but then remembered Soviet campaign)
8) Generally good design of vanilla factions with great combined arms approach in mind
2 Mar 2017, 18:14 PM

2 Mar 2017, 18:15 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Nothing wrong with the OP. But wrong section! Moving from Lobby to Scrap Yard
2 Mar 2017, 18:22 PM
Donator 11

I like many things but what I like the most is detailed infantry combat, modelled better in this game than in any fps I know of. The infantry is powerful, it needs micro and there are lots of mechanics around it. In most rts games infantry either doesn't exist, is modelled in exactly same way as vehicles or is horribly useless.
2 Mar 2017, 18:36 PM
Senior Editor Badge

I really like Relic's focus on authenticity and immersion. To anyone who knows anything it can be a bit odd that soldiers can only see about 35 meters in front of them and people don't die to a rifle bullet to the chest, but the sounds - which relic has taken a great care to create - the voice lines (sometimes I just keep clicking on units repeatedly to see what they'll say; it's pretty funny), the visuals, they're all great.

I appreciate the different tech choices and the factions (although I would've preferred an Eastern front game) and I love the various mechanics thet sets CoH apart from the other RTS games.
2 Mar 2017, 18:51 PM

Platoon level squad based combat that is rooted in "realism" ie. the use of fire and maneuver, cover whilst also conveying passionate dramatics and fast paced arcade elements without getting bogged down in other tedious elements of warfare I find tedious like logistics, command structure, reconnaissance, etc.
2 Mar 2017, 19:56 PM

undiscribable atmosphere through breathtaking sound and graphics (which actually look like made in the 2010s, unlike the MoBA crap or A N Y other RTS ),

lots and lots of different infantry and also vehicle animations which make them "alive" on an unseen level
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★