Login

russian armor

Volksgrenadier's Panzerfaust range

• This thread is locked
Should they get a Panzerfaust range increase through vet ?
Option Distribution Votes
30%
70%
Total votes: 27
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
20 Feb 2017, 02:48 AM

I'm fine with them coming out with shorter-range faust since OKW have T0 AT guns to deal with LVs, but later on into the game, where medium tanks roll in and AT guns at this stage are needed and already on the fielded quite a while for all factions, the shorter-range panzerfaust Volks has kinda make them hard at closing in for a faust, compared to Grens/Osttruppen further range and Conscript who can Oorah to close the distance (I'm not sure about Rifleman's AT grenade range though since I can't find that file on stat.coh2.hu ). Maybe at vet 3 or so on, they can get an increase faust range by 50% (from 20 to 30, same as Grenadiers and Osttruppen) since "Oorah" kinda is a Russian thing, don't know Volk would fit it.‎
20 Feb 2017, 02:53 AM

If you are charging your Volks at a medium tank you are throwing lots of man power away; unless you can guarantee a cripple then a kill it's a big gamble.

That is how it should be, a risky move since they aren't AT units. If you aim to cripple tanks it's better to use mines for OKW.

Probably the issue is that it isn't the same for the other factions since the P4 has terrible acc and the Panther can't really shoot inf very well. So they can more or less charge at you and cripple your medium tank with little punishment.
20 Feb 2017, 05:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2017, 02:53 AMNano
If you are charging your Volks at a medium tank you are throwing lots of man power away; unless you can guarantee a cripple then a kill it's a big gamble.

That is how it should be, a risky move since they aren't AT units. If you aim to cripple tanks it's better to use mines for OKW.

Probably the issue is that it isn't the same for the other factions since the P4 has terrible acc and the Panther can't really shoot inf very well. So they can more or less charge at you and cripple your medium tank with little punishment.

I said closing in, NOT charging in. There are differences, especially cover-usage is there in the "closing in".The thing is, when you're closing in, they'll start backing up and since Volks' faust have a shorter range, Allies medium can still lingering around for much longer, while you can't do that against Ostheer.‎ Also, they only get that buff at either vet 3 or more, so LVs will still have its dominace (I mean, Grens and Osttruppen have better range and Conscript has Oorah, no one said that's bad or OP. So why not Volks got it too, they are at the back foot here)‎
20 Feb 2017, 07:29 AM

... Maybe at vet 3 or so on, they can get an increase faust range by 50% (from 20 to 30, same as Grenadiers and Osttruppen) since "Oorah" kinda is a Russian thing, don't know Volk would fit it.‎

The range of Ostheer ability "P.Faust" is not 30. That is the max range of the weapon which means the weapon will not fire if the target moves beyond range 30 before the weapon it is fired.
20 Feb 2017, 08:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2017, 07:29 AMVipper

The range of Ostheer ability "P.Faust" is not 30. That is the max range of the weapon which means the weapon will not fire if the target moves beyond range 30 before the weapon it is fired.

it said range of grens'faust on the stat.coh2.hu is 30 so I thought it was that firing limit when you start targeting/aiming for targets... I might be wrong, i'm not sure, but still, gameplay-wise, Volks do have a shorter target-acquiring range so I think they should get to the same as Grens through veterancy, like vet 3, for example.
20 Feb 2017, 14:31 PM

It's the range of the ability that determines the range of the snare, not the range of the weapon. I don't think that the range of the weapon, in anyway, affects the maximum range of the ability.

If I wanted to order snares according to their range, this would go as follows:
- Tommy HEAT nade: 20
- Grenadier/Ostruppen/Volksgrenadier snare: 18
- Everything else (includes Fallschirmjager snare): 15
- Penal satchel charge (WBP): 10

Certain units (e.g., Riflemen/Pfussies, have a minimum range as well)
20 Feb 2017, 14:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

So they have the same casting range? Can we just close the thread if so? (Don't have access atm to check that info)
20 Feb 2017, 15:12 PM

It's the range of the ability that determines the range of the snare, not the range of the weapon. I don't think that the range of the weapon, in anyway, affects the maximum range of the ability.

I am almost certain that Ostheer Pfaust will not fire if the vehicle moves out of range 30 before the animation is done the same way rifle AT grenades will not fire if the vehicle moves closer to minimum range.
20 Feb 2017, 15:16 PM

If I wanted to order snares according to their range, this would go as follows:
- Tommy HEAT nade: 20
- Grenadier/Ostruppen/Volksgrenadier snare: 18
- Everything else (includes Fallschirmjager snare): 15
- Penal satchel charge (WBP): 10

Certain units (e.g., Riflemen/Pfussies, have a minimum range as well)

So basically their casting ranges are the same... if that's so then you can close the thread then. I thought/felt that the Volks' snare kinda shorter than Grens'... Maybe just a feeling and mis-info.‎
20 Feb 2017, 17:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

So basically their casting ranges are the same... if that's so then you can close the thread then. I thought/felt that the Volks' snare kinda shorter than Grens'... Maybe just a feeling and mis-info.‎

I'm a hero hear and obey.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS