Login

russian armor

Using Panzerfüsiliere as main infantry - Could it work?

19 Feb 2017, 17:05 PM

Panzerfüsiliere beat any of the main infantry...No matter if it´s Riflemen, Inf-sections, Conscripts. They can even go toe to toe with Penals. Volksgrenadiere can not reliably beat any of the other mainline infantry at any range (tested in fair conditions in Cheat Mode). Only against conscripts they have an advantage at long-range.

They also have 6 man squads, a (pretty bad) AT nade and a decent AI nade. Plus a recon ability at Vet1.

They get +40% accuracy at Vet2.

They only cost 24MP to reinforce.

They only "cost" 6 pop. Instead of Volksgrenadiere 7. (Not sure why that would make sense)

They have increased range of sight and thus can spot and allow to generally see your opponent before he sees you.

Does anybody think that using them instead of Volksgrenadiere could work?

With a build order like that for example:
- Kübel 2x
- 1x SP/Volksgrenadiere depending on map
-> Truck and T2.
-> 2-3x Panzerfüsiliere

Does anybody play OKW like that in 1on1?

I have tried this strategy in 2on2 and it seemed to work well. Panzerfüsiliere seem very sturdy in all situations and definilty can take a beating.
19 Feb 2017, 17:13 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

You wouldn't survive that long with just kubels and sp's.
19 Feb 2017, 17:22 PM
Donator 11

You sure can use pfusis as main infantry unit if you don't overinvest in volks early on. But going for completely volk-less strategy seems rather foolish.
19 Feb 2017, 18:16 PM

You can use them mid game as pseudo elite infantry, but you will lose a lot of map control playing around with only 2 volks until 2CP.

They are also good as replacement in lategame if you lose volks, but going pfuss spam early on cannot work, also volks are good right now and can hold their ground so 3 volks and 2 pfussiliers will be fine
19 Feb 2017, 18:29 PM

You can use them mid game as pseudo elite infantry, but you will lose a lot of map control playing around with only 2 volks until 2CP.

They are also good as replacement in lategame if you lose volks, but going pfuss spam early on cannot work, also volks are good right now and can hold their ground so 3 volks and 2 pfussiliers will be fine

True. That CP2 requirement makes this very hard to pull off. Seems like I´m going to be stuck with Volksgrenadiers as mainline infantry.
19 Feb 2017, 19:43 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Panzerfüsiliere beat any of the main infantry...No matter if it´s Riflemen, Inf-sections, Conscripts. They can even go toe to toe with Penals. Volksgrenadiere can not reliably beat any of the other mainline infantry at any range (tested in fair conditions in Cheat Mode). Only against conscripts they have an advantage at long-range.

They also have 6 man squads, a (pretty bad) AT nade and a decent AI nade. Plus a recon ability at Vet1.

They get +40% accuracy at Vet2.

They only cost 24MP to reinforce.

They only "cost" 6 pop. Instead of Volksgrenadiere 7. (Not sure why that would make sense)

They have increased range of sight and thus can spot and allow to generally see your opponent before he sees you.

Does anybody think that using them instead of Volksgrenadiere could work?

With a build order like that for example:
- Kübel 2x
- 1x SP/Volksgrenadiere depending on map
-> Truck and T2.
-> 2-3x Panzerfüsiliere

Does anybody play OKW like that in 1on1?

I have tried this strategy in 2on2 and it seemed to work well. Panzerfüsiliere seem very sturdy in all situations and definilty can take a beating.

Paula does it atm

2-3 Kübel into panzerfüssi spam.
19 Feb 2017, 20:18 PM

both WFA faction probably suffer from same thing that they really need to rely on their main infantry because other tool has been locked behide tech if we try to out cap the opponent we might end up in cut off point got lock off with main infantry and CP might come more slower than try to fight normaly

and.... volk really not that bad. PS. from new axis player

you'll be surprised that volk somehow can be good at medium range with cover to cover almost act a same role as riflemen beside their weapon so at somepoint you will feel like it work at intended who shoot first ? cover fit every model ? losing weapon while under fire ?

19 Feb 2017, 20:25 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Paula does it atm

2-3 Kübel into panzerfüssi spam.

As sturmpanther has stated, Paul uses this in live games. His build will vary depending on how the game goes but generally falls under 2-3 kubels -> med truck -> 2 ISGs -> 2 raks -> fusiliers. Depending on how the game plays out fusiliers can come earlier or raks can come later etc.
19 Feb 2017, 20:36 PM

As sturmpanther has stated, Paul uses this in live games. His build will vary depending on how the game goes but generally falls under 2-3 kubels -> med truck -> 2 ISGs -> 2 raks -> fusiliers. Depending on how the game plays out fusiliers can come earlier or raks can come later etc.

that... is a very unique build...

does it have much success?
19 Feb 2017, 21:07 PM

that... is a very unique build...

does it have much success?

Yes, when you can abuse kubel cruch (eg paulina cancer strats)
19 Feb 2017, 21:12 PM

20 Feb 2017, 15:21 PM

isn't there a max limit per day to open forum threads?

Useless thread spammers often get ban for spamming, as long as threads are useful we do not have anything against it. Big brother is watching everyone, even me
20 Feb 2017, 16:09 PM

Ah yes, the Volk-less strats... Me and Wouren used to talk about this. I have tried this a few times in 2v2 before I started to fall in love with Obersoldaten and 1v1, so I just go 3 Volks and Ober rush (So far, it's way better than delaying yourself, waiting for Panzerfusilliers), skip the LVs stage since that's when Allies reign supreme in 1v1... Pass that moment and your Panzers are your best friends! ‎

Nevertheless, try it out if you really want to in 1v1. However, maybe try to go with Mech for Puma, since Panzerfusilliers are slightly more resilient compare to Volks, so make some use out of OKW's LV arsenal.‎
20 Feb 2017, 16:31 PM

The only thing I don't like about this is that you're forced into using Breakthrough which isn't bad for the Fusis but doesn't have much utility outside that (Bad Arty, a Call-In Vehicle that has almost 0 utility in 1v1).

I've found that Volks do okay if you can get their STGs up before Allied Counterparts start to get too much Vet or Upgrades (though with the current Penals/Guard meta I agree that using Volks is pretty painful at times)
20 Feb 2017, 21:55 PM

Big brother is watching everyone, even me

Lul, and you're special because??

Ah yes, the Volk-less strats... Me and Wouren used to talk about this. I have tried this a few times in 2v2 before I started to fall in love with Obersoldaten and 1v1, so I just go 3 Volks and Ober rush (So far, it's way better than delaying yourself, waiting for Panzerfusilliers), skip the LVs stage since that's when Allies reign supreme in 1v1... Pass that moment and your Panzers are your best friends! ‎

Nevertheless, try it out if you really want to in 1v1. However, maybe try to go with Mech for Puma, since Panzerfusilliers are slightly more resilient compare to Volks, so make some use out of OKW's LV arsenal.‎

Does it work though?
From what I understand Fusilers have much better vet bonuses and are exceptional at long range with the upgrade, but lack automatic firepower and anti vehicle capabilities

20 Feb 2017, 23:42 PM

Does it work though?
From what I understand Fusilers have much better vet bonuses and are exceptional at long range with the upgrade, but lack automatic firepower and anti vehicle capabilities

It can work, I guess, but at a cost of very intensive microing! Basically, you'll have to wait till 2CPs with your army only consist of Sturm and Kubels (Which is not that easy, at all!), then when Panzerfusilliers are available, you can't just spam a load of them yet (290MP, 40MP more compare to Volks). Their weapon's profile is actually weaker than Volks, both their normal rifle and the G43s (To compensate for them being 6-man, yes, but I'm not sure how good can that be, since the StGs on Volks are still very potent compare to G43s) so despite the vetting of Panzerfusillier look nice and shiny, I'm not sure if they are worth it. 

To be honest,in 1v1,  just stick with Volks, they're not that bad. Panzerfusilliers can be used as replacement for Volks if things got shady, and that's pretty much it. The doctring itself isn't very potent in 1v1 (Breakthrough Tactic is good; 2 infantry call-ins are meh at best; the arty and the Jadg are just not really worth the investment), unless they make Panzerfusilliers to be call-in at 0CP then Ok, the strat can works, but at it stands now, very little worth you can get from it.‎

21 Feb 2017, 06:23 AM

Lul, and you're special because??

You did not understand. I´m not special. Everyone can get ban if he is excessively doing stupid things on this forum.

now, back to topic
22 Feb 2017, 21:52 PM

You did not understand. I´m not special. Everyone can get ban if he is excessively doing stupid things on this forum.
now, back to topic

Ah, right a mis-understanding.
I thought you were referring to the real world.
Yes, I agree on that note, as the owner, pilizie funk has the final call on who gets the ban hammer.

Breakthrough Tactic is good; 2 infantry call-ins are meh at best; the arty and the Jadg are just not really worth the investment), unless they make Panzerfusilliers to be call-in at 0CP then Ok, the strat can works, but at it stands now, very little worth you can get from it.‎

Sorry, but I am a 4v4 or 3v3 exclusive.
In team games, breakthru with a few flanking squads and a follow up kubel is OP as fuark.
You can make half the map neutral in 30 seconds, or go behind the lines and cut off supply very quickly.

As for barrage and smoke, its a great way to counter sim city.
Jaghtiger is just an OP troll unit that you call in when you're faced with too many t34s.

Good pointers tho

22 Feb 2017, 21:55 PM

Ah, right a mis-understanding.
I thought you were referring to the real world.
Yes, I agree on that note, as the owner, pilizie funk has the final call on who gets the ban hammer.

It´s a bit more complicated but you´re mostly right.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★