Login

russian armor

Smoke/Phosphorus shell reproduction steps request

15 Feb 2017, 14:31 PM

We all know that bug, when you try to use a Cromwell/Comet, try to use their shell ability, but the command gets thoroughly ignored, right?

However, we don't know how to reliably reproduce that bug. i.e., what kind of clicks does the player have to do for the ability to bug at least 50% of the time. If this bug is ever going to get resolved, we need accurate reproduction steps.

PS: There seems to be a similar issue with Churchill/Comet crew grenades
15 Feb 2017, 14:45 PM

They mostly occur while moving for me. Or when I order too many orders at once
15 Feb 2017, 16:52 PM

I guess you would need the testers to use Inverse's replay analysis tool for identifying this.
15 Feb 2017, 17:04 PM
Donator 22

It only happens if you give move orders after you ordered the smoke shell. If you stand still or gave your orders while in movement the ability works fine. Important thing is, if you give move orders after you clicked on the smoke shell button 7 out of 10 times it won't work. Sometimes it removes the muni and even starts the cooldown, even if the UI tells you otherwise. Its the whole time in "ability is launched state", but tooltips say it's on cooldown.
15 Feb 2017, 20:19 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

Can we leave this bug till nerfing brits is in scope?
15 Feb 2017, 20:22 PM

Next patch will be nerf the brits, so fixing this ability will be mandatory. Thats why Smith wants to start working on fix right now
15 Feb 2017, 20:58 PM

PS: There seems to be a similar issue with Churchill/Comet crew grenades

I can confirm the nades ability rarely works.
I've lost counteless comets to a cheeky faust because the crew must moved up to them and dindt throw nade.
I cant seem to pin down exactly when this bug happens either :\

Next patch will be nerf the brits, so fixing this ability will be mandatory. Thats why Smith wants to start working on fix right now

On who's authority do you say that?

15 Feb 2017, 21:01 PM

On who's authority do you say that?

On authority of no one. It´s common sence that after first balance patch there will be second patch with second pool and once soviets and USF was nerfed, brits will be the next target because they are most OP faction with worst army composition - 2-3 OP units and lacking core features like building clearing tools, snare ...
15 Feb 2017, 21:05 PM

On authority of no one. It´s common sence that after first balance patch there will be second patch with second pool and once soviets and USF was nerfed, brits will be the next target because they are most OP faction with worst army composition - 2-3 OP units and lacking core features like building clearing tools, snare ...

Oh boy, that's gonna be fun. The amount of rework necessary to make them both not OP and still playable will move them even closer to Ostheer than ever. And considering how any buffs to Ostheer are apparently out of scope, it will still be a better Ostheer than the Ostheer itself...
15 Feb 2017, 22:39 PM

Yeah what others reported, the ability doesn't work after you issue a move order after the ability.

Can't you just make it like the M81's barrage ability, which can be fired on the move?

Also, if you nerf the Brits and not compensate them in any way they WILL become Ostheer 2.0, Firefly is still out-matched by StuG spam and needs constant support while the only thing the Cromwell has going for it is it's speed and crush, and that's it. Comet... I don't see why not give it a 200 fuel price but that's the most I'd go with it seeing as it doesn't have an MG like the rest of the tanks in the game and it's abilities are still bugged.

But perhaps instead of nerfing something into uselessness it's counterparts should be a bit buffed? Panthers are underperforming, we can all see that, as well as the OKW's Elite Armor doctrine seriously needs some adjustments made to it for example, especially the repair and the tank commander abilities.

I also noticed that sometimes the artillery from the tank commander won't land, or it is just me?

But in all seriousness I think we should all look at everything one by one, each commander and each Army with it's respective units need to be looked at before the release of DOW III and the officially cutting of support for this game.

P.S.

Also forgot to mention Churchill is useless and only noobs use it, or people that just aren't aware that the Comet is a better choice.

I feel bad for Anvil tho.

Only viable Churchill is the Croc, and that's about it.
16 Feb 2017, 00:40 AM

On authority of no one. It´s common sence that after first balance patch there will be second patch

Technically this is the second community member made patch. And, uh, I try not be cynical but common sense and relic patching are sort of adversarial concepts.
16 Feb 2017, 03:28 AM

I don't know if it was fixed already, but mortars also have this annoying bug, especially the soviet where you pay 45 munitions for a flare that don't fire.
16 Feb 2017, 04:38 AM

The ability also seems to be touchy when issued while moving. I have lost comets countless times to 1 raketen because the rak gets that extra 2-3 hits while I try to pop off a WP shell. Also worth stating that were the ability to work properly it would probably need a range reduction to maybe at least a little less than at gun range.
16 Feb 2017, 12:57 PM

Okay, I tested for a while today, and I am fairly confident I have nailed it down. Note that I was testing in Janne252's CheatCommands 2 mod.

This is for Comet & Cromwell normal smoke & Comet phosphorus rounds.

What consistently makes the ability not fire is issuing the order when the tank is about to start decelerating. In fact, it doesn't seem to matter at all whether the tank is moving or not once the ability has activated properly, and you can issue move orders afterwards - it works fine on the move. The only thing that matters is whether the tank was about to start decelerating (it was approaching the move command location) just after the order to fire smoke was issued. From what I can tell, if the tank is already decelerating, the ability works, which means that there is probably a very narrow range of time in which the bug can trigger. The problem is that when a lot of short movement commands are given (such as when microing intensively), that moment seems to occur often.

Issuing a 'stop' order (even if the tank doesn't come to a full stop), firing the ability, then moving again, also works 100%. The way to use it reliably until it's fixed is to either do this, or simply issue longer move orders. I couldn't trigger the bug when doing either of these.

As to the grenade abilities, the only problem I can find is that ordering the command while the tank is stationary will cause it to be unable to move until it's completed. I couldn't trigger any other bug.

Edit:Nevermind, something similar is happening with the grenade. I could only get it to misfire when in combat, might have to do with acquiring targets or turret rotation, seems to work 100% out of combat. I'll keep testing.

Edit2: Might actually be the same issue as the smoke, only more difficult to reproduce due to Churchill's movement stats. I really can't tell.
16 Feb 2017, 13:10 PM

LOL agreed :sibHyena:

16 Feb 2017, 13:11 PM

Meanwhile WBP team moved on from the faust bug because its "unfixable" :guyokay:
16 Feb 2017, 13:15 PM

Meanwhile WBP team moved on from the faust bug because its "unfixable" :guyokay:

Lol rly ? Oh god ...
16 Feb 2017, 14:13 PM

What consistently makes the ability not fire is issuing the order when the tank is about to start decelerating. In fact, it doesn't seem to matter at all whether the tank is moving or not once the ability has activated properly, and you can issue move orders afterwards - it works fine on the move. The only thing that matters is whether the tank was about to start decelerating (it was approaching the move command location) just after the order to fire smoke was issued. From what I can tell, if the tank is already decelerating, the ability works, which means that there is probably a very narrow range of time in which the bug can trigger. The problem is that when a lot of short movement commands are given (such as when microing intensively), that moment seems to occur often.

This is excellent detective work. I'll also try it out and see if I can nail it. The reason why the ability legitimately never seems to bug for me is because I use the exact precise sequence you describe here:

Issuing a 'stop' order (even if the tank doesn't come to a full stop), firing the ability, then moving again, also works 100%. The way to use it reliably until it's fixed is to either do this, or simply issue longer move orders. I couldn't trigger the bug when doing either of these.

As to the grenade abilities, the only problem I can find is that ordering the command while the tank is stationary will cause it to be unable to move until it's completed. I couldn't trigger any other bug.

Edit:Nevermind, something similar is happening with the grenade. I could only get it to misfire when in combat, might have to do with acquiring targets or turret rotation, seems to work 100% out of combat. I'll keep testing.

Edit2: Might actually be the same issue as the smoke, only more difficult to reproduce due to Churchill's movement stats. I really can't tell.

It makes sense, I will also try it out. I think I've also, occasionally had M8 Scott barrage bug (once to the point where the turret was jammed at 3 o clock while the M8 was firing at 12-o-clock.

Another ability that has been bugging pretty often for me is Puma Aimed Shot. Speaking of which, as anybody ever seen sherman smoke shell bug?
16 Feb 2017, 15:40 PM

Another ability that has been bugging pretty often for me is Puma Aimed Shot.

Versus infantry, I think it cancels if the entity that it is aiming at dies, even if the squad is alive. Versus anything, if you order the ability and then the Puma comes to a stop while aiming (I'm not actually pressing 'stop'), the ability will cancel. So you can start stationary and then move, but you must not, at any point during the aiming process, come to a stop. There may be other ways to bug it, and it is a bit wonky around smoke, but the stop thing can be reliably reproduced.

Edit: it seems that, similar to the Cromwell bug, it's not actually stopping but starting to decelerate (or whatever happens when the unit approaches its destination) that cancels the ability. Thus if you order it when the Puma is already stopping, it will complete.
16 Feb 2017, 15:44 PM

.. and I suppose that this stopping thing is also part of the reason why AEC treadshot seems to be derping so much; nobody in their right mind would use it while moving.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 86

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight