Login

russian armor

osttruppen

29 Jan 2017, 16:27 PM

After playing with osttruppen I came to the conclusion - they need a little late game buff. Maybe buy three SVT-40 or a DP-27 (because it's RLA soldiers and fought with Soviet weapons) after T3 or T4 construction?
29 Jan 2017, 18:03 PM

They are not much of a fighters, but perfect to man up those support weapons under OP allied indirect fire.
29 Jan 2017, 18:12 PM

They are not much of a fighters, but perfect to man up those support weapons under OP allied indirect fire.

Well, they satisfy me as line infantry, but if they pick up the BAR or Bren they become very good
29 Jan 2017, 18:22 PM

After playing with osttruppen I came to the conclusion - they need a little late game buff. Maybe buy three SVT-40 or a DP-27 (because it's RLA soldiers and fought with Soviet weapons) after T3 or T4 construction?
Not too sure about that. Osttruppen are hard to define as they are. I feel they are OP the first 5 minutes and then become practically useless (good for grabbing stuff). A straight up lategame buff to Osttruppen would make the OP as a whole and lead to more spam.
29 Jan 2017, 18:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2017, 18:22 PMButcher
Not too sure about that. Osttruppen are hard to define as they are. I feel they are OP the first 5 minutes and then become practically useless (good for grabbing stuff). A straight up lategame buff to Osttruppen would make the OP as a whole and lead to more spam.

I don't want make them OP I think about a small buff for better scaling in the late game. one DP or three SVT think will approach
29 Jan 2017, 19:02 PM

I dont know about buffing them but giving them more utility would be nice. Kinda like Cons, even though Cons dodge bullets better then Neo in late game. So maybe do the same for Osttruppen?
29 Jan 2017, 19:26 PM

Ostruppen is actually the most cost efficient infantry Ostheer have.

Buffing them more will make grenadiers even worse by comparison.

In addition giving them weapon is not the way to go due to their accuracy bonus in cover.
29 Jan 2017, 20:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2017, 19:02 PMJoeH
I dont know about buffing them but giving them more utility would be nice. Kinda like Cons, even though Cons dodge bullets better then Neo in late game. So maybe do the same for Osttruppen?

Imagine how OP osttruppen with any sort of grenade would be though, even if it was on par with molotovs.
nee
29 Jan 2017, 20:10 PM

They "need" a lategame buff if you use nothing but Osttruppen. But you're not supposed to. Give them any weapons and they replace Grenadiers and Panzergrenadiers, which is clearly not the purpose of doctrinal infantry.

By contrast they are useful throughout the game, even if their use changes. At first they provide map presence, then they can pick up dropped weapons, and then re-man anything left on the field instead of your 4-man squads.

If they need a buff, it's a matter of durabiltiy, not firepower.
29 Jan 2017, 20:12 PM

osttupid are fine because

- cheap reinforce and fast
- 6 men
- panzerfaust
- can build a buker , trench
29 Jan 2017, 20:35 PM

Imagine how OP osttruppen with any sort of grenade would be though, even if it was on par with molotovs.

Ima ignore you now, you are nothing but a troll.
29 Jan 2017, 21:07 PM
Donator 11

They need no buffs, they are very cheap and fast to reinforce, which makes them really OP when there is a reinforcement 251 nearby. It is also great when you pick weapons with them - they become 2 times cheaper to reinforce and thus mantain than the same weapons with original crew. That is why ostruppen are best in builds that use multiple weapon teams.

One important argument against buffing them is that HelpingHans is always using them in tournaments and it shown to be one of the most hard to defeat ostheer builds. Buffing a unit that already is unstoppable is not a good idea generally.
29 Jan 2017, 22:43 PM

They need no buffs, they are very cheap and fast to reinforce, which makes them really OP when there is a reinforcement 251 nearby. It is also great when you pick weapons with them - they become 2 times cheaper to reinforce and thus mantain than the same weapons with original crew. That is why ostruppen are best in builds that use multiple weapon teams.

One important argument against buffing them is that HelpingHans is always using them in tournaments and it shown to be one of the most hard to defeat ostheer builds. Buffing a unit that already is unstoppable is not a good idea generally.

Just because one guy with insane micro does a strat best doesn't mean that the unit is good, it just means he'd good at it, I for example have tried to play like him many times but I couldn't.

I'm sorry but not all of us are StarCraft high APM mad lmg l33t pros that do nothing else but stream competitive CoH all of the time.

On topic: Yes, I do agree that a slight buff could be added to the Osttruppen, like for example only being able to repair building at vet 1/2/3 for example? So they can build AND maintain their own defense, OR give them the ability to build sandbags like Pioneers.

They're basically cheap support infantry that's good at static defense, but they can't make any other defensive structures besides Trenches and Bunkers, and you won't always have the space to build those while you could fit a sandbag there for example.
30 Jan 2017, 02:12 AM

A bunker will hit a lot sooner than a 251 would.
Use Bunkers instead mate.

I'm sorry but not all of us are StarCraft high APM mad lmg l33t pros that do nothing else but stream competitive CoH all of the time.

give them the ability to build sandbags like Pioneers.

Lul, REKT

Prost are a god send for grabbing and holding key points in 4v4.
They melt at the first sight of a mortar however.

+1 on building bags
30 Jan 2017, 05:52 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

As people have stated they are supposed to be less effective in the late game due to the strong start they give you. Changing that means there is no drawback at all, which isn't usually how tactical decisions are supposed to go in strategy games.
30 Jan 2017, 06:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2017, 20:10 PMnee
They "need" a lategame buff if you use nothing but Osttruppen. But you're not supposed to. Give them any weapons and they replace Grenadiers and Panzergrenadiers, which is clearly not the purpose of doctrinal infantry.

This.

Osttruppen is what you need to make your frontline and support weapons last against blobs/indirect fire/snipers while your Grenadiers/Panzergrenadiers/vehicles work on doing damage and flanking.
30 Jan 2017, 06:39 AM

This.

Osttruppen is what you need to make your frontline and support weapons last against blobs/indirect fire/snipers while your Grenadiers/panzergrenadiers/vehicles work on doing damage and flanking.

In the late game, they are bad support the front line, although they have 6 man squad - they die very quickly. Select a commander or spent ammunition to recrew MG/gun is not the rational.
30 Jan 2017, 07:53 AM

In the late game, they are bad support the front line, although they have 6 man squad - they die very quickly.

This is not my experience -- I use the Mobile Defence Doctrine in 2v2/1v1 and the Osttruppen squads last much better as frontline infantry (covering team weapons) compared to Grenadiers and Panzergrenadiers, including in late game.

If you're referencing larger team games, the late-game s**tshow of meatgrinding arty fest and tank trains in those means no infantry squad survives well, so Osttruppen are not in some kind of especially disadvantageous situation.

You can also post a replay on these forums so we could have a better look at your specific experience with the Osttruppen.

Select a commander or spent ammunition to recrew MG/gun is not the rational.

I'm not sure I understood what you meant here - you don't need to spend ammo to recrew team weapons with Osttruppen.
30 Jan 2017, 08:29 AM

This is not my experience -- I use the Mobile Defence Doctrine in 2v2/1v1 and the Osttruppen squads last much better as frontline infantry (covering team weapons) compared to Grenadiers and Panzergrenadiers, including in late game.

If you're referencing larger team games, the late-game s**tshow of meatgrinding arty fest and tank trains in those means no infantry squad survives well, so Osttruppen are not in some kind of especially disadvantageous situation.

You can also post a replay on these forums so we could have a better look at your specific experience with the Osttruppen.

I'm not sure I understood what you meant here - you don't need to spend ammo to recrew team weapons with Osttruppen.

I think he meant reserve infantry, you know where you pay 200 ammo for 2 or 3 squads at the most of Osttruppen who replace fallen models during that time.

I never use it because I think it's useless in larger team games but I think it could be used situationally in smaller 1v1 or 2v2 games where you're expecting one hell of a fight and huge losses.
30 Jan 2017, 08:35 AM

I think he meant reserve infantry, you know where you pay 200 ammo for 2 or 3 squads at the most of Osttruppen who replace fallen models during that time.

Good point, that might have been about the Relief Infantry Osttruppen. If that was the case, I don't think one should expect from a cheap replacement infantry to be better in late game than they currently are.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★