Login

russian armor

WBP 1.7

aaa
29 Jan 2017, 16:04 PM

Well done on demonstrating your complete inability to respond to a point made instead of resorting to an ad hominem attack.

My reply was related to the common sense .... just like my playercard shows.

that card and sense are 2 incompatible things.
29 Jan 2017, 16:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2017, 13:45 PMVipper

The Centaur already is far more Lethal Luch.

In addition it has an almost unique weapon that completely ignores yellow cover and is only partially affect by green.

This unique ability to almost ignore cover allows it to engage even ATG frontally and to wipe them out and be lethal vs AT infantry.

Imo there is nothing in the units to justify ignoring cover.

(Centaur does not suppress by the way.)

Oh for some reason I thought it did suppress. My bad (I never even use the thing).

The centaur is far more costly and arrives a tier later than luchs. It's also slower and comes INSTEAD of a medium (10 fuel more for cromwell). What the centaur does is somewhat irrelevant to luchs because they are totaly different units.
29 Jan 2017, 16:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2017, 16:04 PMaaa

that card and sense are 2 incompatible things.

Please don't mix up my words from two different paragraphs with one another and claim you have made a point. It's no better than what the other user did in reply. If you can't do better than that, nobody's forcing you to stoop so low in your attempts.
aaa
29 Jan 2017, 16:57 PM

that card makes whatever you say irrelevant. And you still dont get even this. Generaly 1000+ are pisspoor players lacking basic abilities. That was true even year ago when playerbase was larger
29 Jan 2017, 17:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2017, 16:57 PMaaa
that card makes whatever you say irrelevant. And you still dont get even this. Generaly 1000+ are pisspoor players lacking basic abilities. That was true even year ago when playerbase was larger

That is such amazing analysis on why making three units irrelevant by giving all their weapons to a fourth one is not great for balance or unit usage. You must have spent months on that stellar effort.

And that's beside the point that what you did in your previous comment is twisting other person's words to fit your agenda -- that is exactly what makes your points debatable at best starting the moment you do that.
29 Jan 2017, 18:03 PM

That is such amazing analysis on why making three units irrelevant by giving all their weapons to a fourth one is not great for balance or unit usage. You must have spent months on that stellar effort.

Can you enumerate those 3 units and explain how you used Penals in WBP in a way that makes those other 3 units feel irrelevant?
Vaz
29 Jan 2017, 18:20 PM

the AEC can immobilize!? I never see Brit players use it.
29 Jan 2017, 18:21 PM

Can you enumerate those 3 units and explain how you used Penals in WBP in a way that makes those other 3 units feel irrelevant?

I think you misread where this "discussion" originated from. It began by me responding to a post that said Penals being an all-rounder (flanking+mainline) infantry through access to different kinds of upgrades (which was tested in previous iterations but is not the case in 1.7) is a desirable balancing method. I responded by saying enabling them to be Swiss Army Knife would make other Soviet infantry (Shocks who are considered a flanking squad and Conscripts/Guards who are core/elite mainline unit) redundant, in addition to removing all historical reference from Penals, something I had commented on previously before they were made reverted to be less all-capable by your team, which I'm grateful for.

That discussion later degenerated into ad hominem attacks by another user who decided twisting my words to suit their agenda was a great decision as they were incapable of countering the point made.
29 Jan 2017, 18:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2017, 18:20 PMVaz
the AEC can immobilize!? I never see Brit players use it.

It was bugged in the live version since release, they have now fixed it.
29 Jan 2017, 20:09 PM

Yes..a vet5 luchs is strong with it supression.

But...if u managed it to get a vet 5 luchs ....u deserve it to get a a good supression platform cause ur mg34 is crap.

a luchs can easy be killed...expacily if it vet5 (at this time u should have 2-3 tanks and much AT as allie) cause it should be at 25-35min.

where is there price, if u managed to save this light tank?

29 Jan 2017, 21:45 PM

Make sure you delete the additional weaponslots for Rangers. The amount of DPS you can get with Bar/thompson makes the unit broken as fuck.
29 Jan 2017, 21:59 PM

If a particular bug is affecting an already overpowered unit which is out of scope, we won't be adding it in. An example of that would be British tank hull MGs having a narrower arc than other tanks (Does Comet really need any more help at killing infantry?).

What about fixing fast cap abilities such as the Vanguard and the OKW one, these allow squads to cap points even whilst completely suppressed so long as the ability is active. Could this be fixed? It's easy to replicate and I imagine is just 1 string addition to the files...
29 Jan 2017, 23:34 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2017, 21:59 PMLatch

What about fixing fast cap abilities such as the Vanguard and the OKW one, these allow squads to cap points even whilst completely suppressed so long as the ability is active. Could this be fixed? It's easy to replicate and I imagine is just 1 string addition to the files...

Except suppression has never affected capture rate. Only getting pinned denies the ability to capture so you probably won't see these abilities adjusted, even in the future when versing suppression.

30 Jan 2017, 02:20 AM

Make sure you delete the additional weaponslots for Rangers. The amount of DPS you can get with Bar/thompson makes the unit broken as fuck.

Shit, I thought I was the only one... +1 on this

Except suppression has never affected capture rate. Only getting pinned denies the ability to capture so you probably won't see these abilities adjusted, even in the future when versing suppression.

Once a squad is pinned they stop capping. +1

Mr. Smith, what is the true scope looking like now mate?
30 Jan 2017, 02:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2017, 21:59 PMLatch

OKW one is not cap, only for decap.
30 Jan 2017, 03:43 AM
Patrion 14

i have always seen cons as a defensive support squad which are to be used in conjunction with support weapons or tanks instead

similar to the volx from coh1. that's also the reason you can build them in t0. because you should use them as support for your penals / support weapons and not as sole attackers

actually i find the Basic design of coh2 extremely smart and astonishingly awesome

+1.
30 Jan 2017, 03:53 AM

except being fully suppressed E.G unable to move the squad, red supression, forced to retreat, STILL allows you to cap/decap.
30 Jan 2017, 04:02 AM

OKW one is not cap, only for decap.

EDIT: just tested and that ability seems to not for OKW work when fully suppressed, I'm guessing memory failed me here I could have sworn Dane witnessed it with OKW in a game cast.

The Vanguard ability still caps however
30 Jan 2017, 08:53 AM

What about commanders and commander units? no hope for them in the near future?
30 Jan 2017, 09:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2017, 16:57 PMaaa

Where is your Playercard to make relevant what you are saying? ;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★