Login

russian armor

The 'King of the Hill' event by Stormless

6 Feb 2017, 13:46 PM

Thanks for hosting this, and motivating the top players to give us good-quality feedback.
6 Feb 2017, 14:39 PM

I do enjoy the show but I am afraid we're going to see the same set of players play over and over.

I think that a tombola system might be great.

All the players who want to play place their names in a tombola, when a new KOTH starts it randomly draws two.

Then if someone gets picked but wants to nominate, they have an option to pick a random, it draws from the list.

6 Feb 2017, 14:48 PM
Donator 11

Von Ivans Is2 play was excellent. Thanks for highlighting for us. I had to work so I missed it. I'll have to watch the replays =)
6 Feb 2017, 17:13 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2017, 14:39 PMwuff
I do enjoy the show but I am afraid we're going to see the same set of players play over and over.

All the players who want to play place their names in a tombola, when a new KOTH starts it randomly draws two.

Then if someone gets picked but wants to nominate, they have an option to pick a random, it draws from the list.

Thats acutally kind of true.

Every week Vonivan, Luvnest, price, hans, that would be sad.

But there is a small chance with this raffle, that people will chosen, and will play self.

Like the last Sunday in January. It was n1 to see new names!
6 Feb 2017, 17:48 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

From what I remember of Romeo's predecessor to this series, he had to be quite forceful, to prevent the almost inevitable narrowing of choices to the same top players.
6 Feb 2017, 17:51 PM
Senior Referee Badge

+1
7 Feb 2017, 01:10 AM

Permanently Banned

+1
7 Feb 2017, 17:30 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Thanks for hosting this, and motivating the top players to give us good-quality feedback.

No problem. I'm just glad to help out seen as I'm not getting involved in balance discussion. Hopefully people watching can see the game is in a better state.

You might be right with this. Having a selection of 'to nominate' players might come in handy. I don't really know an easy way of doing this. I'm open to suggestions if you know software etc?

But there is a small chance with this raffle, that people will chosen, and will play self.

Point taken. I will look at ways we can diversify the players in the tournament.
7 Feb 2017, 18:11 PM

I would like to suggest the first game to be for medium skilled players.
Lets say worse than rank 100 or even 150...
I guess people would be more willing to play themself if they'd know the enemy won't rekt them in the frist 10 minutes. Also it would only be one game.
It would give a different view on the state of balance for non top 10 players. Some cheesy stuff is extremely easy to play and extremely hard to counter which you don't normally see from top 10 players.

In addition the first game might be a bit less entertaining but at least the players will be more likely to play their best game and not make this become a troll fest. Which by the way I found really annoying last Sunday.
7 Feb 2017, 18:53 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

I would like to suggest the first game to be for medium skilled players.
Lets say worse than rank 100 or even 150...
I guess people would be more willing to play themself if they'd know the enemy won't rekt them in the frist 10 minutes. Also it would only be one game.
It would give a different view on the state of balance for non top 10 players. Some cheesy stuff is extremely easy to play and extremely hard to counter which you don't normally see from top 10 players.

In addition the first game might be a bit less entertaining but at least the players will be more likely to play their best game and not make this become a troll fest. Which by the way I found really annoying last Sunday.

True words there :)

But hard to make it as Admin from this cup kind how.

So after raffle, they have to check first the laddercard?^^

7 Feb 2017, 18:59 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I think it's best to make a blocked list for nominations, it's pretty much guaranteed that all the nominations will be the same 6 players. People don't nominate their friends, they nominates the best players.
7 Feb 2017, 19:15 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Romeo used moobot for his raffles, with these qualifications:

If you win the raffle, you may give your slot to another player that entered the raffle instead.
No player may challenge the same king twice in a row in a given week of SCK.
No player may challenge a king that dethroned him in that week of SCK.

A_E
11 Feb 2017, 17:19 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Zarok vs. Fahu - Highlights of truly epic game from King of the Hill.

Link to full cast
12 Feb 2017, 19:18 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2017, 17:19 PMA_E

I have a question: Why the acutal king can choose faction?

I think 80% of all cupgames allies won. (And highest winrate was brit I guess. Also funny only 1 time USA was in the whole cup chosen! I find that intresting )

The problem is, to change now the rules, is kind of strange, after HelpingHans won 5 games , and 4 with brits. So Noggano should have the same chance kind of :)

12 Feb 2017, 19:37 PM

I have a question: Why the acutal king can choose faction?

I think 80% of all cupgames allies won. (And highest winrate was brit I guess. Also funny only 1 time USA was in the whole cup chosen! I find that intresting )

Do you find it interesting ? I think its pretty obvious that USA is least broken from all allied factions.

One biggest example of this is that USA player is forced to pull all-scale flanks while soviet can just A-move maxims and brits can just survive
12 Feb 2017, 19:50 PM

So this tournament proved that UKF is still the best after 8 months of work. Great patch :D.
12 Feb 2017, 19:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2017, 19:50 PMNeris
So this tournament proved that UKF is still the best after 8 months of work. Great patch :D.

UKF was mostly out of scope. Scope is mostly created by community players, so in next patch please vote for nerfing brits and maybe they finally get nerfed. Its not in hand of balance team to nerf brits. Its in hands of normal players and relic
12 Feb 2017, 21:55 PM

Its in hands of normal players and relic

So something is wrong if it is not in hands of high skill players/players with knowledge about the game.
A_E
14 Feb 2017, 20:04 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Jump to first match

King of the Hill VI: - OP Brits, salty casting, and WBP action. Full VOD

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L