Very Light Vechicles

Medium and Cruiser Tanks

Soviet Self-Propelled Guns

Loner suggestions

That's all. ^_^
14 Jan 2017, 22:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2017, 15:28 PMIceWolf
Not working for me :(

Did you overwrite it correctly? For the English language, you can find the file in "Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Locale\English"

This is basically the veterancy guide within the game. Fantastic job and works like a charm.

A few veterancy stats were left out though. I hope you add them :
  • Penal Battalion vet 2
  • T-70 vet 2
  • SU-85 vet 2
  • I'll edit if I see more

What do you mean? I checked all three ingame and they work.

Half-Tracks

Very Light Vechicles

Medium and Cruiser Tanks

Soviet Self-Propelled Guns

Loner suggestions

That's all. ^_^

I really appreciate all the effort you put into this, thanks!
14 Jan 2017, 23:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2017, 22:34 PMHarold

What do you mean? I checked all three ingame and they work.

That's weird. I clearly remember reading vague veterancy descriptions for those units. Must have been a WBP game. Sorry for wasting your time.
15 Jan 2017, 02:43 AM

That's weird. I clearly remember reading vague veterancy descriptions for those units. Must have been a WBP game. Sorry for wasting your time.

Yeah, multiple strings were replaced in the Winter Balance Preview, including veterancy ones.

And no worries about wasting my time - it's all good.
15 Jan 2017, 14:26 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I have a problem. I have laerned, how to changing names and other stuff, but i can't make one thing.
SdKfz 251 using one line (11007036) for default and upgraded version. How can i change it? How to order game using different lines for default and upgraded version? Like for M5 Half-Track and M17 Multiple Gun Motor Carriage?
15 Jan 2017, 15:31 PM

I have a problem. I have laerned, how to changing names and other stuff, but i can't make one thing.
SdKfz 251 using one line (11007036) for default and upgraded version. How can i change it? How to order game using different lines for default and upgraded version? Like for M5 Half-Track and M17 Multiple Gun Motor Carriage?

That (sadly) cannot be modified by editing the localization file itself. You would need to create a tuning pack and add/change strings.
15 Jan 2017, 20:56 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I have integrated new names in the file. Furthermore, now on the field (crewed and abandoned), in the intel bulletins description, and in the doctrine unit will use the same name.
Also i have made a try and standardized using of words 'SdKfz', 'PzKpfw' and 'Half-Track'
Knowing issues:
1. I can't give unique name for SdKfz 251/16 Self-Propelled Flamethrower due to techical issues.
2. I can't give unique name for american M5 Half-Track due to techical issues.
3. Some USF units need to be looked at (M8A1 for example).
4. Stug Series need to be looked at.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dd9edwaxkwo7j76/Harold+Mod+Upgrade.rar

I hope it will save some time for Harold.

UPDATE: Updated vesrion - http://www.mediafire.com/file/ybaswddbdo7352b/V1.1.rar
21 Jan 2017, 17:58 PM

I have integrated new names in the file. Furthermore, now on the field (crewed and abandoned), in the intel bulletins description, and in the doctrine unit will use the same name.
Also i have made a try and standardized using of words 'SdKfz', 'PzKpfw' and 'Half-Track'
Knowing issues:
1. I can't give unique name for SdKfz 251/16 Self-Propelled Flamethrower due to techical issues.
2. I can't give unique name for american M5 Half-Track due to techical issues.
3. Some USF units need to be looked at (M8A1 for example).
4. Stug Series need to be looked at.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dd9edwaxkwo7j76/Harold+Mod+Upgrade.rar

I hope it will save some time for Harold.

UPDATE: Updated vesrion - http://www.mediafire.com/file/ybaswddbdo7352b/V1.1.rar

First of all, sorry for the late response.

Do you have a list of changed strings, like this?:

I mainly ask for that to create a proper changelog and pick certain changes to include. For example, the Ostwind name is too long for 1080p to display in a single row. Changes such as the M4C Sherman name may cause confusion among players and hamper recognition.

Either way, I appreciate the continues support and all your effort - thanks!

21 Jan 2017, 20:57 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2017, 17:58 PMHarold

Do you have a list of changed strings, like this?:

Nope, i just used ctrl+f and search what i need to. Because of that i have problems with trash in the file (like textes from vCoH).
Can you give it to me? It will save me much time with editing.

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2017, 17:58 PMHarold

I mainly ask for that to create a proper changelog and pick certain changes to include. For example, the Ostwind name is too long for 1080p to display in a single row. Changes such as the M4C Sherman name may cause confusion among players and hamper recognition.

You are right, about everything. It was my first expirience. :)
Actually, i have made this for myself, and give possibility other people to try it. Now i give this version up due to my new project (which i am making for myself and for my russian mates in coh 2) - edited and supplemented russian localization for coh 2. If i post it somewhere, i will give a link to your mod (because i have used your veterancy description, but translated on russian).

Finally, thank you! If not you, i will not know, that i can customise localization!
23 Jan 2017, 01:40 AM

Nope, i just used ctrl+f and search what i need to. Because of that i have problems with trash in the file (like textes from vCoH).
Can you give it to me? It will save me much time with editing.

You are right, about everything. It was my first expirience. :)
Actually, i have made this for myself, and give possibility other people to try it. Now i give this version up due to my new project (which i am making for myself and for my russian mates in coh 2) - edited and supplemented russian localization for coh 2. If i post it somewhere, i will give a link to your mod (because i have used your veterancy description, but translated on russian).

Finally, thank you! If not you, i will not know, that i can customise localization!

No problem, glad I could inspire you to create a similar mod in another language. I sent you the development text file via PM.
28 Jan 2017, 18:51 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Hans G. Schultz got some mistakes in English Localization, first and third one still exist in your mod.
Here's a spelling error and two pieces of outdated information:

28 Jan 2017, 19:46 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

I like that the names are perfected and they are for all localizations the same, so as to have less confusion

'SdKfz', 'PzKpfw',... etc

You should edit the first post and put the localization into English and Russian
28 Jan 2017, 20:29 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2017, 19:46 PMcapiqua
I like that the names are perfected and they are for all localizations the same, so as to have less confusion

'SdKfz', 'PzKpfw',... etc

You should edit the first post and put the localization into English and Russian

This is thread only about English localization. I think i will make thread about russian localization, but first i need to make changelog :lol:
Until then, everybody can find links in my signature, and in the QoL changes thread.
28 Jan 2017, 21:34 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

I will do for localization, why not make a general one?

edit: I'm thinking of putting them all together in a mod and uploading them to the Steam WorkShop

edit2: I'm doing the localization; how is this written? Jäger or Jaeger
edit3: 11025971 (PASSIVE) Conscript Assault Package
29 Jan 2017, 19:58 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2017, 21:34 PMcapiqua
I will do for localization, why not make a general one?

edit: I'm thinking of putting them all together in a mod and uploading them to the Steam WorkShop

edit2: I'm doing the localization; how is this written? Jäger or Jaeger
edit3: 11025971 (PASSIVE) Conscript Assault Package

One Jäger, two Jäger. Also Panzerfüsilier(e) and Kübelwagen, not sure if those are spelled correctly!

I don't think you could install this mod via the Steam Workshop, though. It functions like a replacer for the language pack, which I don't think is supported. People would still have to copy and overwrite the file after subscribing!
3 Feb 2017, 17:33 PM

One Jäger, two Jäger. Also Panzerfüsilier(e) and Kübelwagen, not sure if those are spelled correctly!

I don't think you could install this mod via the Steam Workshop, though. It functions like a replacer for the language pack, which I don't think is supported. People would still have to copy and overwrite the file after subscribing!

Steam Workshop would work in form as a tuning pack that got the strings cloned and modified, with standard mod limitations applying of course.

Hans G. Schultz got some mistakes in English Localization, first and third one still exist in your mod.

Thank you! The Reverse Engineering bulletin text will be changed in the next update.
3 Feb 2017, 18:50 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2017, 17:33 PMHarold
Steam Workshop would work in form as a tuning pack that got the strings cloned and modified, with standard mod limitations applying of course.

Sure, that would work out. But being able to play it in Automatch is what makes this mod so great!
12 Feb 2017, 09:11 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I have found, that in localization files you can change also description for community maps. Maybe it will be good to change "community map by #Username#" on something better?
I have heard maps from Tric's contest have descriptions, but they were removed in release by Relic. Somebody ask about it and Tric (or somebody from mapmakers) agreed, that this need to be changed.
20 Feb 2017, 18:16 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Improved Spanish Localization_1.0.(26.02.2017).rar
I have done the Spanish version. It does not hurt the speeches.

Instalation:
Improved Spanish Localization_1.2.(26.02.2017).rar
c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Locale\Spanish\

Changuelog (somethings):
-Changed the name of the most abilities with respect to the original.
By instance; Artillery by barrage, Strafing run by bombing etc.
-Swap name between panzer command and panzer commander.
-Commnder panzer has its description outdated.
-Names of units M1 like ATgun and M1 hotwitwer weapon are swap it.
-Incorrect map names. By instance; Hill instead of Hill 311
-Bulletin AS tiger not show the percentage of vision.
-Oustruppen and reserves ousttruppen have name diferents your descriptions.
-Call-in dispatch like Stug E name swap by Stug G or vice versa.
-Strange characters in sniper WEHR's description
-1st letter of name commander in capital letters.
-British corrected many mistakes
-Shells descriptions is correct now (Armor Piercing Rounds, APCR, APDS, HE,.. etc)
-Added some surnames of some units as it has been done in English and Russian.
-An lot moooore changes.

Suggestions to English MOD:
20 Feb 2017, 23:13 PM

Is the file in the OP (30-12-2016) still the most recent version? I see some other people provide certain files in the comments.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★