Login

russian armor

Numeral Veterancy Descriptions - English Localization Mod

28 Dec 2016, 13:16 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Like curiosity when was released Coh2(SOV/WER) did not mention much of the weapons carried by the squads, and years later this continued the same until the launch later in WFA(US/OKW) names and descriptions of the weapons were added to factions WFA.

Per instance; Penals, name the weapon carried by the squads no appears in toolips.
28 Dec 2016, 18:38 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Just a little nitpick (you are correcting periods anyway :) ) -
it was labeled "T-34-85", not "T-34/85".
Same for its little brother: it is "T-34 model 1943", not "T-34/76".
The difference is that first are Soviet labels, while second are German.

I wan't to add to this list Maxim and DShK (All other HMG Team named "#Name of MG# Heavy Mashine Gun Team")
And not T-34 model 1943, but T-34 model 1942. IIRC Model 1943 also has commander's cupola.
28 Dec 2016, 19:42 PM
Patrion 14

would it be possible to add costs to commander preview? i.e. the cost of PPSh would be shown, cost of AssEngi would be shown.
29 Dec 2016, 08:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2016, 19:42 PMpigsoup
would it be possible to add costs to commander preview? i.e. the cost of PPSh would be shown, cost of AssEngi would be shown.

Thought about this just yesterday. This would be great improvement for new players.
29 Dec 2016, 17:20 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Just gave it a try. It's possible and it even works in the menu:

No fancy icons, of course - you can only modify text in this way.
29 Dec 2016, 20:54 PM

just a little bug report, the SU-85 vet 2 string is still the original one.
30 Dec 2016, 20:34 PM

Just a little nitpick (you are correcting periods anyway :) ) -
it was labeled "T-34-85", not "T-34/85".
Same for its little brother: it is "T-34 model 1943", not "T-34/76".
The difference is that first are Soviet labels, while second are German.

I will keep the T-34 names as they are in the game for consistency and easy recognition. I don't want to completely change names but rather expand the existing ones, if you know what I mean.

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2016, 13:16 PMcapiqua
Like curiosity when was released Coh2(SOV/WER) did not mention much of the weapons carried by the squads, and years later this continued the same until the launch later in WFA(US/OKW) names and descriptions of the weapons were added to factions WFA.

Per instance; Penals, name the weapon carried by the squads no appears in toolips.

I don't completly understand what you mean, is it the "Can be upgraded with a flamethrower" sort of thing in the yellow text of certain units?

I wan't to add to this list Maxim and DShK (All other HMG Team named "#Name of MG# Heavy Mashine Gun Team")
And not T-34 model 1943, but T-34 model 1942. IIRC Model 1943 also has commander's cupola.

The Maxim is called 'M1910 Maxim Heavy Machine Gun' and the DShK 'DShK 38 Heavy Machine Gun'. All other HMGs are named in the same manner, what are you referring to? I probably misunderstood you.

It is possible. Thanks to Planet Smasher for showing how I would have done it. As of now, I won't include it as I'm not completely satisfied with the looks of it.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2016, 20:54 PMzerocoh
just a little bug report, the SU-85 vet 2 string is still the original one.

Thanks for reporting, pushed out an update.
2 Jan 2017, 16:23 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2016, 20:34 PMHarold

The Maxim is called 'M1910 Maxim Heavy Machine Gun' and the DShK 'DShK 38 Heavy Machine Gun'. All other HMGs are named in the same manner, what are you referring to? I probably misunderstood you.

In the vanilla Soviet HMG Teams have different from all other HMG names. When british, american, and germans HMG named "#Name of MG# Heavy Mashine Gun Team", soviet HMG named "#Name of MG#". I don't know, was it fixed in the mod.
Next time i will play mod first and then give my suggestions, sorry ^_^
8 Jan 2017, 13:51 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I have checked the mod and have some suggestions:
1. Names for Soviet HMG Team not match to other. Example:

2. West and Ost Puma have different names and description. Example:

3. M5A1 don't have addition "Light Tank" in the name. Example:

4. PzKpfw VI Ausf. B "King Tiger" has wrong name and doesn't has addition "Heavy Tank" in the name.

5. Soviet M4A2 (76)W has wrong name and doesn't has addition "Medium Tank" in the name.
8 Jan 2017, 14:10 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

2. West and Ost Puma have different names and description.

I think it should be Sd.Kfz. 234/2 "Puma" Armored Car. There is more than one model - maybe you remember the 234/1 from COH1. It had a 2cm KwK 38, the same gun as the Luchs.

I agree with the rest!
8 Jan 2017, 14:14 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I think it should be Sd.Kfz. 234/1 "Puma" Armored Car. There is more than one model - maybe you remember the 234/2 from COH1. It had a 2cm KwK 38, the same gun as the Luchs.

I agree with the rest!

Wikipedia says, that 234/1 was with 2 cm gun, and 234/2 was with 5 cm gun.
Also, i vCoH was both variants (234/1 as default Puma, and 234/2 as upgrade for it) ^_^
8 Jan 2017, 14:25 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Wikipedia says, that 234/1 was with 2 cm gun, and 234/2 was with 5 cm gun.
Also, i vCoH was both variants (234/1 as default Puma, and 234/2 as upgrade for it) ^_^

Oops, you're right. Corrected that!
8 Jan 2017, 16:25 PM

I have checked the mod and have some suggestions:
1. Names for Soviet HMG Team not match to other. Example:

2. West and Ost Puma have different names and description. Example:

3. M5A1 don't have addition "Light Tank" in the name. Example:

4. PzKpfw VI Ausf. B "King Tiger" has wrong name and doesn't has addition "Heavy Tank" in the name.

5. Soviet M4A2 (76)W has wrong name and doesn't has addition "Medium Tank" in the name.

Thanks for the screenshots, now I see what you meant with the HMG team names. This was probably done by Relic due to the name length.

Working over more vehicle names and descriptions is planned, expect some more changes together with the next official balance patch release.

11 Jan 2017, 13:58 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Time for more suggestion (muhahahaha):

Mortars

Anti-Tank Guns

Tank Destroyers

Multiple Rocket Launchers

I have missed Valentine previously. Missed "Light" (or "Infantry" if we going to use british designation) in the name. Should be "Valentine Mk.XI Light Tank", or "Valentine Mk.XI Infantry Tank"

More on the way!
11 Jan 2017, 16:51 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

PM-38 - Wrong name and instead of "Mortar Team" has "Mortar Squad". Should be "PM-38 120mm Mortar Team"

I think HM is also correct in this case. At least Google has a lot of results for it!
Out of curiosity: The Russian designations for the mortars are 82-PM-41 and 120-PM-38, right?

I have missed Valentine previously. Missed "Light" in the name. Should be "Valentine Mk.XI Light Tank", or "Valentine Mk.XI Light Infantry Tank"

While it performs like a light tank in the game, that's not historically accurate at all. Mark XI had the same gun as the Cromwell Mark VII and comparable armour, but it had a weak engine and was slow as hell. You could say it was the predecessor of the Churchill. Anyway, I think it should simply be called "Valentine Mk. XI Infantry Tank" in the game!

+1 to the rest. Great suggestions!
11 Jan 2017, 17:11 PM

Time for more suggestion (muhahahaha):

Mortars

Anti-Tank Guns

Tank Destroyers

Multiple Rocket Launchers

I have missed Valentine previously. Missed "Light" in the name. Should be "Valentine Mk.XI Light Tank", or "Valentine Mk.XI Light Infantry Tank"

More on the way!

Thanks for all the screenshots once again!
11 Jan 2017, 18:14 PM

good work i love it
11 Jan 2017, 18:53 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I think HM is also correct in this case. At least Google has a lot of results for it!
Out of curiosity: The Russian designations for the mortars are 82-PM-41 and 120-PM-38, right?

I have seen a number of name variants, but maybe you are right.
P.S. As i know, it named PM because of "Полевой Миномет (ПМ/PM)" or in English "Field Mortar". Also i have seen variant "Полковой Миномет", or in English "Regimental Mortar".
Also, you can find variant like "XXmm Mortar Model 19XX"

While it performs like a light tank in the game, that's not historically accurate at all. Mark XI had the same gun as the Cromwell Mark VII and comparable armour, but it had a weak engine and was slow as hell. You could say it was the predecessor of the Churchill. Anyway, I think it should simply be called "Valentine Mk. XI Infantry Tank" in the game!

You goddamn right! If we use british designation for british tanks, it should be "Infantry Tank".

UPDATE: If we going to use historically accurate names, i vote for T-34 Model 1942 (or simply T-34) and T-34-85
12 Jan 2017, 15:28 PM

Not working for me :(
13 Jan 2017, 02:57 AM

This is basically the veterancy guide within the game. Fantastic job and works like a charm.

A few veterancy stats were left out though. I hope you add them :
  • Penal Battalion vet 2
  • T-70 vet 2
  • SU-85 vet 2
  • I'll edit if I see more
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %