Login

russian armor

Some QoL suggestions

PAGES (16)down
27 Jan 2017, 08:20 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

RETICLE TO CALL-INS DISPATCH usfusfokwokwsovietssovietsostheerostheerbritsbrits

Coh2live only the units Opel truck and Partisans has this reticle, in this mod all units call-ins dispatch now has reticle.

I made some small changes to add reticle to call-ins dispatch for SOV/WEHR/USF/BRITSH/OKW, I hope relic authorizes to be integrated into WBP.

Mod Reticle dispatch--->
27 Jan 2017, 22:26 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Only for players, who using russian localization in CoH 2.

I want to present Numeral Veterancy Descriptions - Russian Localization Mod! It was made with using of English Localization Mod (By Harold), and do mainly the same:
1. Give description for all veterancy levels of all units.
2. Fixing bulletins description.
3. Change unit names for their standardization.
4. Changed some descriptions of abillitites, doctrines and some other stuff.

In russian:
Представляю Вашему вниманию свой вариант русской текстовой локализации. Она включает в себя перевод подробного описания ветеранств из улучшенной английской локализации (От игрока с ником Harold), и преследует примерно те же цели:
1. Дать игроку возможность прямо в бою изучать ветеранство своих отрядов.
2. Исправить и дополнить бюллетени, чтобы не вводить игрока в заблуждение неправильными значения.
3. Поправить название отрядов (в основном техники) для их стандартизации и нивелирования разницы в локализации оригинальной CoH 2 и её дополнений (WFA и UKF).
4. Исправить описание некоторых доктрин и способностей.

sovietssovietsNumeral Veterancy Descriptions - Russian Localization Modsovietssoviets

P.S. Thanks to Harold, because of him i learned how to do it.
P.S. English description for Admins to understand, what i have written in russian. ^_^

Cheers :)

28 Jan 2017, 08:18 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

It would be important to know if Relic is going to implement these changes and this way I would do in Spanish that also has many translation errors;

'Recruits instead of 'Conscripts'
28 Jan 2017, 08:51 AM

Nice points. I hope Relic considers them.
28 Jan 2017, 18:39 PM

Here's a spelling error and two pieces of outdated information:

28 Jan 2017, 18:55 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Here's a spelling error and two pieces of outdated information:

I have quoted your post to English Localization Mod thread (https://www.coh2.org/topic/58241/numeral-veterancy-descriptions-english-localization-mod). This mod fixes text mistakes in localization(f.e. in this mod already fixed description from your second photo), and add numerical description for unit veterancy. You can try it, it works in automatch. ^_^
28 Jan 2017, 23:21 PM

Tommy crewed Granatenwerfer has no model.

Step to reproduce:

1;. Capture an ost mortart with Tommys.

2;. Pick up the mortar and woila!
29 Jan 2017, 09:33 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

SMALL BASE ICONS usfusfokwokwsovietssovietsostheerostheerbritsbrits

In coh2 live the icons of the minimap are cluster. Taking as reference the base USF, the scale has been changed to all bases, base bunkers, 17pound, mortarBrit, Bofors.
I do not know which file is to reduce icon in the OKW flack bases.

USF bases show icons of bunkers, which in game is not necessary, and cause cluster.In the mod have been disabled.

BRITS see icon tiers which causes cluster, but in USF have been disabled, so in the mod the icons of the British bases have been disabled.
And add rotate to 17pound, mortarBrit, Bofors. This will make emplecements more reals.
Although it appears in the image Fassembly I dont toutch. You ignored it.

I hope relic authorizes to be integrated into WBP.
Small icons total (image)--->
Mod Small icon bases--->

ROTATE HOUSES ICONS usfusfokwokwsovietssovietsostheerostheerbritsbrits

In coh2 live the icons houses of the minimap have the same side.
And add rotate to houses. This will make houses more reals.

In coh2 live the icons trenches of the minimap have the same side.
And add rotate to trenches. This will make trenches more reals.

Mod House Rotates A--->
Mod House Rotates B--->
I found a problem when 'Buid' to create .mod, which does not allow packaging some houses with the TOOLS MOD so I have separated it, in other mod 'House Rotates B' I do not know if they can be added in the future to WBP.
29 Jan 2017, 10:04 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Tommy crewed Granatenwerfer has no model.

Step to reproduce:

1;. Capture an ost mortart with Tommys.

2;. Pick up the mortar and woila!

This bug apperars not always, but i have repro it. It should be unpacked, like on the photo:

I tried to do it with PM-41, and it works fine...untill i took a look on the textures :lol::

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2017, 09:33 AMcapiqua
SMALL BASE ICONS usfusfokwokwsovietssovietsostheerostheerbritsbrits

In coh2 live the icons of the minimap are cluster. Taking as reference the base USF, the scale has been changed to all bases, base bunkers, 17pound, mortarBrit, Bofors.
I do not know which file is to reduce icon in the OKW flack bases.

USF bases show icons of bunkers, which in game is not necessary, and cause cluster.In the mod have been disabled.

BRITS see icon tiers which causes cluster, but in USF have been disabled, so in the mod the icons of the British bases have been disabled.
And add rotate to 17pound, mortarBrit, Bofors. This will make emplecements more reals.
Although it appears in the image Fassembly I dont toutch. You ignored it.

Small icons total (image)--->
Mod Small icon bases--->

ROTATE HOUSES ICONS usfusfokwokwsovietssovietsostheerostheerbritsbrits

In coh2 live the icons houses of the minimap have the same side.
And add rotate to houses. This will make houses more reals.

In coh2 live the icons trenches of the minimap have the same side.
And add rotate to trenches. This will make trenches more reals.

Mod House Rotates A--->
Mod House Rotates B--->
I found a problem when 'Buid' to create .mod, which does not allow packaging some houses with the TOOLS MOD so I have separated it, in other mod 'House Rotates B' I do not know if they can be added in the future to WBP.

My god, you are the machine! So much usefull stuff from you, thank you!
29 Jan 2017, 12:20 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2017, 09:33 AMcapiqua
ROTATE HOUSES ICONS

Very nice! When Relic won't implemented this in the live game, I'll re-create this for addition on my own mod (If you allow it :thumb: )

I would like to share my new icons which I made/edited.

The first two tanks are made more visible. The Sherman 76 was to big according to the US vehicles and even bigger according to the other Soviet vehicles. The colors have also changed to fit more between the other icons of both factions.

Old icons: Bulldozer | Calliope | Sherman 76mm (US and Soviet)

New icons: Bulldozer | Calliope | US Sherman 76mm | Soviet Sherman 76mm
29 Jan 2017, 13:45 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Very nice! When Relic won't implemented this in the live game, I'll re-create this for addition on my own mod (If you allow it :thumb: )

I would like to share my new icons which I made/edited.

The first two tanks are made more visible. The Sherman 76 was to big according to the US vehicles and even bigger according to the other Soviet vehicles. The colors have also changed to fit more between the other icons of both factions.

Old icons: Bulldozer | Calliope | Sherman 76mm (US and Soviet)

New icons: Bulldozer | Calliope | US Sherman 76mm | Soviet Sherman 76mm

Nice! Added it to the "Some icons from gamefiles, or created by players" category.
29 Jan 2017, 15:03 PM
Donator 22

I have to say, this thread is amazing, great work on collecting all these details.
One small detail I would like to add is the missing church (dark square) on the mini- and tacmap on moskau outskirts.

29 Jan 2017, 17:08 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I have to say, this thread is amazing, great work on collecting all these details.
One small detail I would like to add is the missing church (dark square) on the mini- and tacmap on moskau outskirts.

I have written already about minimaps in the game. Maybe one day they will be updated (Moscow outskirts too) and standardized, but it required a lot of work from Relic and mapmakers.
29 Jan 2017, 22:07 PM

2 minor QoL bugs:
Tank Hunters Infantry Section from the Special Weapons Regiment.
The Boys Anti Tank rifles the Tank Hunter Infantry sections spawn in with (from the Special Weapons Regiment commander) have a bugged model, and resemble a BAR more than a Boys.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6026685/uploads/editor/f8/4go86g8ywvxh.jpg

As the screenshot shows, the magazine is floating below the weapon. Interestingly, when the soldier reloads the Boys, the magazine rotates into the proper position on the rifle, and once the animation finishes, the magazine returns to below the rifle. The British sniper's Boys rifle is not affected by this bug.

It occurs every time they are called in.

Churchill AVRE from the Royal Engineers
When the AVRE fires with it's turret facing the side of the tank i.e not facing the forward of the tank, the Petard's round entity (and the smoke effects when it launches) comes from the front of the tank (where the turret would be in it's home position) rather from where the barrel is. The Petard goes where you aimed, but it phases into reality from the front of the tank, rather then launching from the barrel.
30 Jan 2017, 09:28 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

2 minor QoL bugs:
Tank Hunters Infantry Section from the Special Weapons Regiment.
The Boys Anti Tank rifles the Tank Hunter Infantry sections spawn in with (from the Special Weapons Regiment commander) have a bugged model, and resemble a BAR more than a Boys.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6026685/uploads/editor/f8/4go86g8ywvxh.jpg

As the screenshot shows, the magazine is floating below the weapon. Interestingly, when the soldier reloads the Boys, the magazine rotates into the proper position on the rifle, and once the animation finishes, the magazine returns to below the rifle. The British sniper's Boys rifle is not affected by this bug.

It happens not only with BOYS AT-Rifle. At least, somebody has posted video with floating rocket near panzerschrek. And i have seen this problem with M1 Garand rarely(floating magazine). I will add it to the list later today, thank you Jonnydodger! :thumbsup:

Churchill AVRE from the Royal Engineers
When the AVRE fires with it's turret facing the side of the tank i.e not facing the forward of the tank, the Petard's round entity (and the smoke effects when it launches) comes from the front of the tank (where the turret would be in it's home position) rather from where the barrel is. The Petard goes where you aimed, but it phases into reality from the front of the tank, rather then launching from the barrel.

Added too, thank you again.
30 Jan 2017, 10:02 AM

Imo bulletin load out should not be visible to enemy players during load since they sometimes and with some faction they give away too much info about the players strategy.
31 Jan 2017, 13:38 PM

Can change the icon of PPSH? Because it does not look like PPSH.

Thanks for the screenshot
31 Jan 2017, 22:05 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Can change the icon of PPSH? Because it does not look like PPSH.

Thanks for the screenshot

I'm not sure, that it is need to be changed. It's fit to other weapon icons in the game. And you will not muddle it with other weapon icons.
31 Jan 2017, 23:40 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2017, 10:02 AMVipper
Imo bulletin load out should not be visible to enemy players during load since they sometimes and with some faction they give away too much info about the players strategy.

Isn't the whole point of using these useless bulletins that you can make your opponent think you are going with different strategy that you actually are? Belive me, fooling your opponent while he decides on initial build order is much more important than these single percent changes.
1 Feb 2017, 02:28 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Isn't the whole point of using these useless bulletins that you can make your opponent think you are going with different strategy that you actually are? Belive me, fooling your opponent while he decides on initial build order is much more important than these single percent changes.

When you could scout the building shadows of SU, i've been fooled by clowncar/sniper bulletins into a heavy maxim spam strat (i was OKW and my rak was completely useless lol)
PAGES (16)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS