russian armor

Holiday Update

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
22 Dec 2016, 21:25 PM

I want to buy Theater of War stuff with supply :*(
22 Dec 2016, 21:39 PM
Patrion 14

i actually do not have enough supplies to get all those new UGC stuffs. who would've guessed this would happen one day...

nvm.
22 Dec 2016, 22:09 PM

Looks like they missed some files in the update:

22 Dec 2016, 22:13 PM

Oh god..

*lights candle in church*

+1

I already had to give up 1v1 after those maps were introduced <444>3
22 Dec 2016, 22:20 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

+1

I already had to give up 1v1 after those maps were introduced <444>3

That feel when you gotta quit cause you cant L2P

It seems like you make this comment as much as possible <444>3
22 Dec 2016, 22:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2016, 22:20 PMTric

No, I don't have L2P with those maps. I won of them many times.

Problem is, (except Westwall) all of them are cluter, closed, maze-like. 5 out of 6.

Like, why not put 3 city maps and 3 semi-open to achieve some balance in maps design?
Instead we have quite open Westwall, and 4 city maps + 1 forest which excalty like city maps (just trees instead of buildings) which are like a maze, not a maps to play.

Tho I'm not the only one who whines about them, so it's something to consider.

___
Think of Stalingrad -> introduce 4-5 maps which are similar to Stalingrad <444>3

___

Oh, and I love all of those new vetos which we received together with maps <444>3
22 Dec 2016, 22:36 PM
Senior Referee Badge

4 new 2v2 maps -_-
4 new 2v2 maps?
4 new 2v2 maps?!
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

My reaction :D
22 Dec 2016, 22:49 PM
Director of Social Media Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2016, 22:09 PMGhostTX
Looks like they missed some files in the update:

[url=http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/]http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/[/url]
102853117000174971/A1FCB64F0775EEF38FC6BB1EB4D830B8628A7A93/

Yes, I have also the same bug since the update.

22 Dec 2016, 23:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2016, 22:20 PMTric

If he has to L2P you need to get thicker skin, every time someone complains about your maps you go full retard. The maps added last patch are in no way the same quality we are used to. Crossroads and Lost glider for example, great maps, both open and tight, not just mazes full of shot and LOS blockers.
22 Dec 2016, 23:37 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2016, 23:03 PMLatch

If he has to L2P you need to get thicker skin, every time someone complains about your maps you go full retard. The maps added last patch are in no way the same quality we are used to. Crossroads and Lost glider for example, great maps, both open and tight, not just mazes full of shot and LOS blockers.

I dont go full retard when "anyone" compalins about maps, just the same people that offer nothing constructive and do it constantly, aka Aussiemagic, skemshead, vasa, daz and a few others, but hey you do you baby, if you bother looking he has sad this about 4 times now in WBP notes for the last two patches as well, just crying to cry.

Especially when we said over and over that changes were coming, still just bitching and nothing constructive, kinda like you now. No testing for months from any of them, no anything, and you want to talk about quality, well you forgot all the other community maps that forced were recieved so "well" Seems like you're pretty pick and choose on what you remember and how large and active the community was then.
23 Dec 2016, 00:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2016, 23:37 PMTric

I dont go full retard when "anyone" compalins about maps, just the same people that offer nothing constructive and do it constantly, aka Aussiemagic, skemshead, vasa, daz and a few others, but hey you do you baby, if you bother looking he has sad this about 4 times now in WBP notes for the last two patches as well, just crying to cry.

Especially when we said over and over that changes were coming, still just bitching and nothing constructive, kinda like you now. No testing for months from any of them, no anything, and you want to talk about quality, well you forgot all the other community maps that forced were recieved so "well" Seems like you're pretty pick and choose on what you remember and how large and active the community was then.

Aaaaaand you went full retard. I mentioned it only once, 17 december.
I dare you to quote those "4 times".

Changes won't change the general "maziness" of the maps or the fact that they are all city maps.

In fact, I'm not whining for balance anymore, becasie IM AWARE of coming changes. I'm whining that all of them are like maze, similar, city etc. Again, why not put in 3 city maps and 3 semi-open, huh? Instead all of them are closed and cluster. They are way behind maps like Latch said. Not in terms of look, because they look really fine, but in terms of fun and variety.
23 Dec 2016, 00:09 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Aaaaaand you went full retard. I mentioned it only once, 17 december.
I dare you to quote those "4 times".

Changes won't change the general "maziness" of the maps or the fact that they are all city maps.

In fact, I'm not whining for balance anymore, becasie IM AWARE of coming changes. I'm whining that all of them are like maze, similar, city etc. Again, why not put in 3 city maps and 3 semi-open, huh? Instead all of them are closed and cluster. They are way behind maps like Latch said. Not in terms of look, because they look really fine, but in terms of fun and variety.

Ive already stated this like 12093812093812908 times. Only Caen, Bombarded, and Westwall were ever meant to be added. I had no control on the other maps that weren't even ready to get added or were even supposed to be added. #justrelicthings
23 Dec 2016, 00:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2016, 00:09 AMTric

Ive already stated this like 12093812093812908 times. Only Caen, Bombarded, and Westwall were ever meant to be added. I had no control on the other maps that weren't even ready to get added or were even supposed to be added. #justrelicthings

Never heard about it.
In that case I stand correct as I wasn't aware that only these 3 were prepared to be added.
Nevertheless, these 3 (not alone) but with combination of another 3 killed 1v1 for me and many others.
23 Dec 2016, 00:20 AM

The maps are badly designed at their core due to LOS/Shot blockers and maze pathing/DOTA lanes. How can you give good feedback when something is as broken as it is? Remove most LOS blockers? That's all your map gone. When people don't like a song they don't go into huge detail as to why they don't like it they will just say "Its too X" "Has too much Y", same applies here and to all entertainment. My friend doesn't like the GoT books because he claims they are badly written, fair criticism? I think so.

Your maps have too many LOS/Shot blockers, too many Lanes and are too claustrophobic. Stalingrad 2.0, if you want more constructive feedback than that then you need to look elsewhere. However IF you think that was 'decent' feedback (which it is, it sums up the problems) then its the exact same things people have said, nothing new.

You expect people to remain calm and constructive when you have made a game they love less enjoyable for them? Then you reply like you do? I've seen you do it before, on the steam forums. It has nothing to do with it being X people, it has a fact that you have incredibly thin skin or delusions of grandeur, maybe both.

It's clear that Stalingrad wasn't well received and you go and replicate everything that was hated about that map in your designs, then get mad when people moan? Bravo.
23 Dec 2016, 00:20 AM

Permanently Banned

Actuaaly when i try speak with you more constructively, you blame my english or call me somthing, that end of story. I try to speak with you normal, like adult ppl, but you run in wrong way.
23 Dec 2016, 00:29 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2016, 00:20 AMLatch

The maps are badly designed at their core due to LOS/Shot blockers and maze pathing/DOTA lanes. How can you give good feedback when something is as broken as it is? Remove most LOS blockers? That's all your map gone. When people don't like a song they don't go into huge detail as to why they don't like it they will just say "Its too X" "Has too much Y", same applies here and to all entertainment. My friend doesn't like the GoT books because he claims they are badly written, fair criticism? I think so.

Your maps have too many LOS/Shot blockers, too many Lanes and are too claustrophobic. Stalingrad 2.0, if you want more constructive feedback than that then you need to look elsewhere. However IF you think that was 'decent' feedback (which it is, it sums up the problems) then its the exact same things people have said, nothing new.

You expect people to remain calm and constructive when you have made a game they love less enjoyable for them? Then you reply like you do? I've seen you do it before, on the steam forums. It has nothing to do with it being X people, it has a fact that you have incredibly thin skin or delusions of grandeur, maybe both.

It's clear that Stalingrad wasn't well received and you go and replicate everything that was hated about that map in your designs, then get mad when people moan? Bravo.

The single steam forum response is another arse from here 10/10 on assuming you know everything. Its a shit show everytime, you wonder why there are no community members left, suppose this is why you left, but I'm wasting my time, you think that by providing entertainment that warrents some of these shit stains to make new accounts on steam to send death threats to myself and others? You don't know the whole playing field, so kindly, fuck off, yah?

Mostly great stuff. It is encouraging to see they are paying more attention to maps.

Though I don't have an exact idea as how this curation thing works, it is pretty tiresome to see the approved skins are from the same person every time. There are lots of high-quality and professionally made skins which could be added to the live game:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=520988653
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=705848406
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=551186738
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=735694369
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=491532663
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=574637642
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=505228634
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=772131168
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=505228634
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=654924256
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=504206461
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=505705736

https://steamcommunity.com/app/231430/workshop/

It's pretty simple. There are two queues: Ready-to-use and Curated.

If you want your skin to potentially be curated, you add it to the curation queue where everyone can vote on them, and it provides Relic with the necessary files to potentially include them in the game officially.

For some reason though, a lot of people only put their skins in the Ready-to-use queue (for use in custom games only), and that's all of the links you've provided. If there are legal issues with the textures they've used, that might explain it, but for the most part it seems a shame they haven't added them to both queues.

It might be because Relic have never selected curated skins that weren't part of a tournament before, but now that appears to have finally changed, people might be more interested in adding their skins to the queue.
Master Mapmaker Badge

Actuaaly when i try speak with you more constructively, you blame my english or call me somthing, that end of story. I try to speak with you normal, like adult ppl, but you run in wrong way.

You have not once said anything constructive, you do, I'll listen, until then I shall continue to say I can't understand you at all 90% of the time.
23 Dec 2016, 00:32 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Never heard about it.
In that case I stand correct as I wasn't aware that only these 3 were prepared to be added.
Nevertheless, these 3 (not alone) but with combination of another 3 killed 1v1 for me and many others.

I wish I could, that would be the dream, to offer a fair and balanced combination of maps that promote entirely different playstyles, which at the same time would un-stagnate the stale meta and only certain commanders being viable ever.

That was the attempt at the 1v1 tourney and adding the maps, the problem is that if we were to do this the community would implode, we dont have enough mappers, and that much of a drastic change this late in the life cycle of the game would overall, not be well received, so we tried to introduce a small taste.
23 Dec 2016, 01:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2016, 00:29 AMTric

#!1:The single steam forum response is another arse from here 10/10 on assuming you know everything. Its a shit show everytime, you wonder why there are no community members left, #2:suppose this is why you left, but I'm wasting my time, #3:you think that by providing entertainment that warrents some of these shit stains to make new accounts on steam to send death threats to myself and others? You don't know the whole playing field, #4:so kindly, fuck off, yah?

#1: Where did I assume I knew everything? the only fact I stated was that I saw you go full retard on steam, you just confirmed that as true.

#2: Left what? The steam forums? I'm still active on it...

#3: Are, are you Anita Sarkeesian? Do you get scared when people give you death threats over the internet but have no idea where you live? Try working day in day out with people that literally want to kill you (Prison officer) so your attempt for me to feel bad for you falls really, really short. I never said that was an acceptable response but segueing into #4....

#4: There we have it, proof that you simply go full retard at any and all criticism no matter how its structured. With that attitude, you wonder why your fee fees get hurt and people send you 'death threats'?

I would say grow up but I'd rather you just made better maps, its probably easier for you to change that aspect of what many people don't like about you.
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS